Search found 25 matches

by Kaboth
30 May 2007, 11:43
Forum: Articles
Topic: Deconstructed, Part 3
Replies: 50
Views: 12308

Heroes V Deconstructed (3)

For me HoMMV is the best Heroes game. I miss my old Heroes III characters but HOMMV has the best graphics, skill system, towns, story and creatures IMO. The camera controls bug me at times and the music tends to be too repetitive and not as memorable as Heroes III for me but yeah V was a very worthy...
by Kaboth
14 Oct 2006, 22:56
Forum: News
Topic: The Music of Dark Messiah
Replies: 9
Views: 3940

The Music of Dark Messiah

Well the fact they've both actually played the Might and Magic games sounds promising. I've been pleased by Splinter Cell's music in the past also though obviously I havn't played Splinter Cell 4 yet. I'm also confident the ex Blizzard executives who designed Hellgate: London wouldn't settle for sub...
by Kaboth
13 Oct 2006, 12:37
Topic: On Steam and Might and Magic X
Replies: 17
Views: 8016

On Steam and Might and Magic X

Ryder you can't sell a relic like Might and Magic VI to a modern audience, even if you updated the graphics. You could perhaps make a game that appeals to the fans only but Ubisoft is committed to making the Might and Magic series gain a new and larger audience. To make a successful new Might and Ma...
by Kaboth
20 Jul 2006, 13:19
Forum: Articles
Topic: New Column: Might and Milla
Replies: 141
Views: 35411

Might and Milla

Heaps of women play adventure and rpg games on PC and consoles. Then there are all the non-games that Women love like Singstar and The Sims. Its no longer a rare pastime at all for women to game in some capacity. But strategy games seem to have a much smaller female audience which is a shame as they...
by Kaboth
27 May 2006, 03:14
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: My thoughts so far on Heroes 5
Replies: 23
Views: 7989

What about hero speed is it altered by the speed of creatures they are carrying because I didn't notice a difference?

My hero had griffins and priests. I dismissed the priests hoping he'd move further but it didn't seem to make a difference.
by Kaboth
27 May 2006, 03:01
Topic: Best heroes so far ?
Replies: 19
Views: 7379

I can't decide yet

Heroes V has the best core gameplay of all the Heroes games but untill it gets at least a random map generator, map editor and plenty of bug fixes and UI tweaks I can't justifiably call it the best Heroes yet.
by Kaboth
27 May 2006, 01:25
Topic: Heroes V Tops U.K. Charts
Replies: 22
Views: 8810

Heroes V Tops U.K. Charts

Heroes V ranked 4th in the top selling Full-priced pc games in Australia this week. Not bad considering the series doesn't have much of a following here.
by Kaboth
24 May 2006, 13:04
Topic: Palgn reviews Heroes V
Replies: 5
Views: 2853

Palgn reviews Heroes V

Palgn gives Heroes V an 8.5/10.
http://palgn.com.au/article.php?id=4644
by Kaboth
24 May 2006, 12:55
Topic: Always Look On the Bright Side...
Replies: 18
Views: 6222

I've only played the demo and I'm already impressed. There is definately plenty to like in Heroes V. I love all the creatures, the look awesome, animate fantastically and all have unique abilities and uses. All the factions have a clearer, more unique identity now with their individual strengths. Th...
by Kaboth
24 May 2006, 03:24
Topic: Do you miss stronghold?
Replies: 194
Views: 40483

I love playing Stronghold; there is nothing quite like a race that can do the highest end damage of all. Even if its comes with weaknesses to speed or defense. But Nival has got to do something with their creature lineup. They've probably had the most consistantly dull lineup in all Heroes games. I ...
by Kaboth
24 May 2006, 02:50
Topic: First Online Review: 8/10
Replies: 26
Views: 8044

First Online Review: 8/10

Vastly, significantly now we're just quibbling over words.

I find the Heroes V skill system more interesting than any of its predecessors and possibly more balanced. Either way its a fun skill system.
by Kaboth
23 May 2006, 07:38
Topic: Content of the game
Replies: 161
Views: 93023

Good question. Does the game have a map file with the mp3 files of the music themes like in H3? Shouldnt we be able to listen to the music any time without playing the game to hear them? I think so because the music is something of the best I have heard in any Homm game :-D There is a music folder ...
by Kaboth
23 May 2006, 06:21
Topic: First Online Review: 8/10
Replies: 26
Views: 8044

First Online Review: 8/10

Another review popped up at gamefaqs today: http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/review/R101266.html The author seems to be one of the people who loved Heroes IV and believes Heroes V is a Heroes III clone types but he still gave it 8/10. Not a very good review. The author failed to address town ...
by Kaboth
23 May 2006, 03:45
Topic: [Universe] What do you think of Ashan ?
Replies: 116
Views: 35342

I voted for option 2.

The new universe is nothing remarkable but I didn't feel the old Might and Magic universe was either. I think Nival were right to start from scratch with a new universe even if it is a very cliche one because the old universe had become a convulated mess.
by Kaboth
23 May 2006, 00:48
Topic: Heroes 5 Musical Score
Replies: 30
Views: 10486

innokenti wrote:http://www.igromania.ru/music/?hmm_dbone

That's the only place I know.
Thanks I've been looking for the HoMMI soundtrack for years.
by Kaboth
22 May 2006, 04:52
Topic: CH Forum vs HV
Replies: 138
Views: 29787

So far I've only played the demo but I'm keen to buy the retail version soon. The camera is just a pain as I always thought it would be but I'm willing to put up with it because I enjoy the core Heroes V gameplay so much. In fact I prefer Heroes V's gameplay to its predecessors. But as countless peo...
by Kaboth
22 May 2006, 03:38
Topic: What Are The Odds????
Replies: 24
Views: 7389

Re: What Are The Odds????

Lord_Haart wrote:Ok, so last night I went out and bought the H5 collectors edition ($110Au).
Could you tell me where you got your collectors edition in Australia Lord_Haart. I've been looking for one myself. Thanks.
by Kaboth
21 May 2006, 13:55
Topic: Heroes 5 Musical Score
Replies: 30
Views: 10486

So far I've really like what I've seen in the demo. Its really great that towns have their own unique battle, dwelling, win, loss tracks all based on their central town theme. Time will tell if I end up liking the Heroes V soundtrack more than Heroes III. The only thing that bothers me is some reall...
by Kaboth
21 May 2006, 13:53
Topic: Annoying thing I noticed
Replies: 23
Views: 8043

Save before a battle. Fight the battle and remember all your moves. Reload the save, fight the battle again using the exact same moves as you did the last time and you'll get the exact same results. Seriously, everything will be the same, luck, morale, damage, everything. I've tested it at least a ...
by Kaboth
21 May 2006, 03:12
Topic: How do you like the new Dungeon side compared to Heroes 3?
Replies: 61
Views: 14787

I think Blood Maidens/Fury were a good replacement for Harpies though I'm sad to see Troggers and Medusae leave the town. Shadow Maidens and Matriachs are a fairly boring addition to the town though and I felt the could have adequately been Medusae instead. Hydras seem misplaced also just as they we...

Go to advanced search