The Music of Dark Messiah

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 14 Oct 2006, 22:04

When Heroes V was in development (and I know some funny readers will say that the game is <i>still</i> in development...), one of the requests we made to Ubival was to bring back Paul Romero and Rob King. Our wish was granted, and at times the results certainly helped us feel like we were still in Erathia or Axeoth. Dark Messiah, however, will sound different as two new new composers have worked on the game's score. <b>Sascha Dikiciyan</b> and <b>Cris Velasco</b> are certainly not unfamiliar with the gaming industry, having scored 12 games since they teamed up, including Splinter Cell 4, Spy Hunter: Nowhere to Run, and Hellgate: London. <a href="/http://www.music4games.net/Features_Dis ... "><b>Music 4 Games</b></a> met them and asked them about their background.

Velasco: "I’ve been playing the Might & Magic games since I was a kid. There are a lot of fans out there that have been waiting for this francise to come back and I felt a huge responsibility to give them the best score I was capable of. I’m truly proud of the music we wrote and I hope everyone enjoys listening to it as much as I did writing it."

Dikiciyan: "I remember playing my first Might & Magic game maybe around ’88 on my Amiga. So this definitely feels like full circle. I think we created a truly unique score that people will hopefully enjoy. I can’t wait to play the final game myself!"

There is no music in the beta test and I can't remember what the music was like in the demo. It would be nice if Ubisoft could release a few tracks on the official portal, so that we could get a sneak peek at Sascha's and Cris' work.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1160863445
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Kaboth
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kaboth » 14 Oct 2006, 22:56

Well the fact they've both actually played the Might and Magic games sounds promising. I've been pleased by Splinter Cell's music in the past also though obviously I havn't played Splinter Cell 4 yet.

I'm also confident the ex Blizzard executives who designed Hellgate: London wouldn't settle for sub par music.

All up, I'm excited.

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 14 Oct 2006, 23:30

sounds good so far...

[T]osHiro
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby [T]osHiro » 15 Oct 2006, 02:12

So, who are the readers who think Heroes V is still in development? :devious:
Round Table Olympics '07 Image

Wurtzel
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Wurtzel » 15 Oct 2006, 03:06

@a55 Where the heck did you get statement from?? The two games are made by differant companies....
I THINK SO THEREFORE I AM

zero_ant
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby zero_ant » 15 Oct 2006, 10:16

@Wurtzel He is talking about the first line in the news (the one in parenthesis). And it's about Heroes V, not about Dark Messiah.

Justice
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Justice » 15 Oct 2006, 14:59

Sounds like it'll sound great :) looking forward too it :) like the music in the demo atleast :)
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing!
-Edmund Burke

Wurtzel
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Wurtzel » 15 Oct 2006, 15:43

opps, sorry, my bad ........... whatever ........
I THINK SO THEREFORE I AM

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 23 Oct 2006, 15:24

You can download three samples of DM music on the Might and Magic portal (UK and french versions). Great stuff I think.

http://www.mightandmagic.com/uk/

ftp://ftp.ubi.com/emea/Dark_Messiah/com ... yclops.mp3

ftp://ftp.ubi.com/emea/Dark_Messiah/com ... _Diner.mp3

ftp://ftp.ubi.com/emea/Dark_Messiah/com ... alBoss.mp3
Edited on Mon, Oct 23 2006, 09:31 by Marzhin
----------------------------
Might and Magic, baby !

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 24 Oct 2006, 15:39

Nice music, but not original in core. All are variations...
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Return to “News”