Annoying thing I noticed

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 May 2006, 13:02

No sleep function,no map view,no kingdom overview,no post game statistics,.....Why?Why are all of those thing missing?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 May 2006, 13:16

DaemianLucifer wrote:Why?Why are all of those thing missing?
Same reason there's no Wait button. Or a Split Stack one. Or any other buttons that were even in H3. Because 3D is way more important.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Kaboth
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kaboth » 21 May 2006, 13:53

vicheron wrote:Save before a battle. Fight the battle and remember all your moves. Reload the save, fight the battle again using the exact same moves as you did the last time and you'll get the exact same results. Seriously, everything will be the same, luck, morale, damage, everything. I've tested it at least a dozen times.
This is similar to Civilization III. Normally battle outcomes are randomly generated each time you load a save but if you select the preserve random seed option before starting a map the outcomes will remain the same no matter how many times you load the save. The idea is to prevent abuse in multiplayer particularly pbem by stopping players from continuousling loading files to achieve more favourable battle results.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 May 2006, 14:02

Kaboth wrote: This is similar to Civilization III. Normally battle outcomes are randomly generated each time you load a save but if you select the preserve random seed option before starting a map the outcomes will remain the same no matter how many times you load the save. The idea is to prevent abuse in multiplayer particularly pbem by stopping players from continuousling loading files to achieve more favourable battle results.
I just wonder why did they remove that option from civ IV.Heroes should have an option to preserve the random seed as well,not have it constantly on.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”