Do you miss stronghold?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Do you miss "stronghold"?

Yes, loved that town
67%
Dont care if they are in the game or not
19%
No, never played as them anyway
15%

Total votes: 117

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 24 May 2006, 01:27

soupnazii wrote:at Crags Legacy:

first off: they cant include any heroes from old universe because, well, its a different universe! they only mentioned CH before cause they thought it would be cool/funny.
Your theory is already blown out of the water soupnazii...

In the Heroes V Necro campaign, the main Necro hero CLEARLY refers to "his old master Sandro"... isn't he from Heroes III and other older HOMM universe games?

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 24 May 2006, 01:33

well..... maybe they could do that, but it would make so little sense its not even funny.... think about it, a whole new universe. and i thought they wanted to scrap everything from Erathia (wasnt that the old land? or maybe just the human empire.... watever, you know what i mean...) anyway. someone should ask FC directly about this, cause its really confusing....

Kaboth
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kaboth » 24 May 2006, 03:24

I love playing Stronghold; there is nothing quite like a race that can do the highest end damage of all. Even if its comes with weaknesses to speed or defense.

But Nival has got to do something with their creature lineup. They've probably had the most consistantly dull lineup in all Heroes games.

I don't ever want to see nomads, beserkers or harpies again.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 24 May 2006, 06:14

yes I miss them alot!

There will be an barbarian faction, no doubt. And I highly suspect it will contain goblins, orcs, cyclops, centaurs, behemoths, thunderbirds and maybe harpies :)

But something sez me that dwarves also may be included as an might faction not only the gree...I mean orangeskins :-D

Dublex
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Dublex » 24 May 2006, 09:59

I have a strong feeling that Orcs might be the new might faction in an expansion, as they do seem to exist in the new universe.

Either that or the Dwarves? Maybe we will get two might factions in an expansion, the Dwarves and the Orcs, to balance the whole good / evil alignment thing.

Although it would be really nice to see a neutral faction who doesn't care for good or evil, and which makes them doubly dangerous.

Jimmpi
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Jimmpi » 24 May 2006, 10:12

Dublex wrote:Either that or the Dwarves? Maybe we will get two might factions in an expansion, the Dwarves and the Orcs, to balance the whole good / evil alignment thing..
maybe your right,,there is alot of "magic" in the game now and they do two might faction later....but witch creature would be in the dwarves fraction? hmmm

Dublex
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Dublex » 24 May 2006, 10:35

Well, it might be like Dungeon Faction, with actual Dwarves taking up most of the slots - you could have various units / ungrades such as:

Miner / Excavator (stock troops, Miner attacks with pick, while the excavator gains dynamite or some type of explosive / potion which could stun)

Dwarf Musketman / Dwarf Rifleman (actual guns, not like the gremlins spells)

Dwarf mass / Dwarf horde (like wraiths in the fact they are 3 dwarves to 1 tile - maybe the upgrade could be drunk and be resistant to stunning or could use dwarvern curses to reduce the morale / defense of a stack?)

Dwarf Lieutenant / Dwarf Underking (Fighters, maybe the underking has some type of ranged weapon or unit boost?)

Giant / Elder Giant - A sort of play off the small brefiends large thing, maybe this could be the most powerful unit and throw stones?

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 24 May 2006, 11:19

No thank you!! :disagree: Its just as bad as the dragon golem from H4. Its way to high tech. Give em axes, hammers instead. They could also throw hammers and axes as ranged attacks.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 24 May 2006, 11:55

Wolfshanze wrote:In the Heroes V Necro campaign, the main Necro hero CLEARLY refers to "his old master Sandro"... isn't he from Heroes III and other older HOMM universe games?
While we Heroes players know this might be an inconsistency, let's try to think positive: who says people aren't allowed to have whatever name they choose? The name "Sandro" doesn't have to be limited to the old Heroes universe.

As for barbarians, I want them back too. Like Kareeah Indaga said, they were in the series from the very beginning, so it's kind of a tradition to have them. Plus, a little more variety never hurt anyone...
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 24 May 2006, 12:02

theLuckyDragon wrote: The name "Sandro" doesn't have to be limited to the old Heroes universe.
It doesn't. But IMO this was a really cheap reference. If they really wanted they could have just used the names/heroes without any mention of Erathia.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

CaptainKen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby CaptainKen » 24 May 2006, 12:03

Never played that town - I like MAGIC way too much!

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 24 May 2006, 12:27

Dublex wrote:Dwarf Musketman / Dwarf Rifleman (actual guns, not like the gremlins spells)
Noooooooo!!!!!!If you want high tech,then make them develop heroes40K that has completely high tech units.Dont mix medieval with modern,please.
theLuckyDragon wrote:While we Heroes players know this might be an inconsistency, let's try to think positive: who says people aren't allowed to have whatever name they choose? The name "Sandro" doesn't have to be limited to the old Heroes universe.

As for barbarians, I want them back too. Like Kareeah Indaga said, they were in the series from the very beginning, so it's kind of a tradition to have them. Plus, a little more variety never hurt anyone...
If they used it as a common name,ok.As a barbarian,or a king,or something like that.But as a highly skilled necromancer?Its a clear connection with the sandro from previous games,and thats not a good thing.Its low! :disagree:

innokenti
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby innokenti » 24 May 2006, 12:40

Dwarves are quite traditionally tech-meddlers though.

And let's face it, muskets and rifles aren't really all that high-tech anyway and generally consistent with dwarves. Since they've broken into most general cliches anyway... well, it really wouldn't matter.

Oooh, how about some Barbarian Dwarves?

Dublex
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Dublex » 24 May 2006, 12:52

Orfinn wrote:
No thank you!! :disagree: Its just as bad as the dragon golem from H4. Its way to high tech. Give em axes, hammers instead. They could also throw hammers and axes as ranged attacks.
The reason I thought muskets and rifles might be a good idea is that they do fit into the primitive techonology mould, the same way the golems do (and they aren't really magical, they are technological).

They don't have to fire using gunpower of course, they could use dragon powder or whatever explosive they happend to use.

Or maybe they could be redone as

Axe Throwers / Explosive throwers?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 24 May 2006, 13:02

innokenti wrote:Dwarves are quite traditionally tech-meddlers though.
No theyre not.Look at spellforce.Not a single techy dwarf.
innokenti wrote: Oooh, how about some Barbarian Dwarves?
This would be nice.Either well have barbarian dwarves,or barbarian orcs(or maybe both).
Dublex wrote:The reason I thought muskets and rifles might be a good idea is that they do fit into the primitive techonology mould, the same way the golems do (and they aren't really magical, they are technological).

They don't have to fire using gunpower of course, they could use dragon powder or whatever explosive they happend to use.
Golems are magical.They are statues infused with magical energies.And the only reason gremlins can pass the way they are is because they fire magic guns.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 24 May 2006, 13:09

DaemianLucifer wrote:
innokenti wrote:Dwarves are quite traditionally tech-meddlers though.
No theyre not.Look at spellforce.Not a single techy dwarf.
You think finding one instance of dwarves that aren't technologically inclined proves that they never should be? Then I'll have to disappoint you, it's a pointless argument. For a counter, look at Arcanum: of Steamworks & Magick Obscura.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 24 May 2006, 13:12

Ethric wrote:You think finding one instance of dwarves that aren't technologically inclined proves that they never should be? Then I'll have to disappoint you, it's a pointless argument. For a counter, look at Arcanum.
Ok,then look at D&D.Dwarves arent techies in there either.Smiths,yes,but not techies(its actually gnomes that are techies).And D&D features a number of worlds.

Then look at middle earth.Again,dwarves arent techies.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 24 May 2006, 13:22

From mythology, and also in most fantasystuff, dwarves are portrayed as builders and smiths of the finest items. So the leap to techy stuff isn't that big. A cunningly made set of full plate armour is also technology, and is no easy task to make. I for one like the idea of a steampunk faction, and in a HoMM-setting the dwarves seem the most fitting to be affiliated with it.

Many like you don't like the idea of course, and that's fair enough.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Kristo » 24 May 2006, 13:24

...and with that, let's get back on topic.

I voted yes. The Barbarian/Stronghold alignment has always been an integral part of the Heroes games. They put the might in Might and Magic.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 24 May 2006, 13:24

Ethric wrote:Many like you don't like the idea of course, and that's fair enough.
Actually I dont have anything against a steampunk faction,but not in heroes.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”