Best heroes so far ?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Is H5 best heroes so far ?

Yeah, H5 is the best
16%
definitely No !
54%
I cant decide yet
30%

Total votes: 50

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Best heroes so far ?

Unread postby MistWeaver » 26 May 2006, 00:20

Some people say that it is. And what do you think ?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 26 May 2006, 00:34

Of course not!It will never replace HII in that place because it isnt better from HIII nor HIV.

Paradox
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Paradox » 26 May 2006, 00:37

I think so. I'm not counting the numerous bugs and game crashings though. With those, definetly not...bring on the patch (delayed till next week is it?..*sigh*)

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 26 May 2006, 00:51

Nah it isn't the best. Heroes 2 is the unquestionable best imo. When the bugs are fixed H5 will be in the rank of H3 and thats pretty good.

Nebs
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nebs » 26 May 2006, 01:30

Still H3 rules for me. It's second though, up from H2 and H4. Haven't played first one.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 26 May 2006, 01:53

It's a good Heroes game, but not the best.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 26 May 2006, 03:20

I can't decide yet.

To be honest, unless the game completely stinks on ice (which it doesn't), it's too early to have a poll like this... at least for me it is.

In my world (and many others I suspect), Heroes III holds the crown as best in the series. Of course, my memory of Heroes III is with all the expansions, monsters, factions, etc.

Heroes V is just that... Heroes V. I doubt we've seen the "final" version of Heroes V even if you've played the entire game and every campaign/scenario in the boxed release.

I'm sure there will be at LEAST one expansion, if not two for Heroes V, and I think only after we see "Heroes V Complete" will we be able to judge for sure if it's the best in the series or not.

I'd give an "incomplete" judgement right now, because I'm sure there will be more to see in factions, etc with Heroes V expansions... so it's just not fair to compare Heroes V and pass a final verdict until Heroes V itself is both figuratively and literaly COMPLETE! (as-in Heroes V Complete).

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 26 May 2006, 03:39

Easily the best so far. For me the best ones where Heroes II & III and the improvements in part V makes it better then the older versions. Or are you talking about how good you thought the older game were when they were new?

Cironir
Lurker
Lurker

Unread postby Cironir » 26 May 2006, 06:06

Unless they do something about the AI, it's far from being the best installment of the series. My vote would probably go to HoMM2, but as someone else said, it's too early for a definite poll like this. I just need to wait for a few patches before I can really judge the game.

DuRieL
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby DuRieL » 26 May 2006, 10:37

It's hard to say, as of yet. There will be patches and expansions to H5. I wouldn't go about comparing this game to the previous HoMMs, seeing as they have enjoyed the luxury of numerous patches and several expansion packs.

Continuity
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Continuity » 26 May 2006, 10:49

It's really good, but not the best.

mctronic
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby mctronic » 26 May 2006, 12:25

Too be honest, I think it was H2 the best. But I do consider H4 to be the most innovative of the HOMM series. Because imagine if 3DO made a good AI and fixed the balance ? It would of been a new standard for HOMM to come

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 26 May 2006, 12:29

Cant decide yet.

The game need to be patched up to truly show what it is good for, and expansions with new, innoative and lost features from the original can help ALOT!

Toejam
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Toejam » 27 May 2006, 00:13

For me the best is H4 (yes H4 i like it allot,nice story, nice grfx but non of that 3D bs...) followed by H3 and then comes H5, its a good game allright but not the best Heroes game by far, what really starts to annoy me is the small maps, "big" maps in a hotseat mp game are smaller than a "small" map in H4,H3 this is really dissapointing...
Keep your friends close... And your enemy's closer !

Kaboth
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kaboth » 27 May 2006, 03:01

I can't decide yet

Heroes V has the best core gameplay of all the Heroes games but untill it gets at least a random map generator, map editor and plenty of bug fixes and UI tweaks I can't justifiably call it the best Heroes yet.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 27 May 2006, 07:03

I though this fits in here:

Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 27 May 2006, 13:08

:lolu: :lolu: :lolu: :lolu: :lolu: :lolu:

DuRieL
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby DuRieL » 27 May 2006, 16:38

ThunderTitan wrote:I though this fits in here:

http://archive.gamespy.com/dailymail/po ... eroesv.jpg
I wonder if it really said so on the jewel box. It probably did. :D

Sentrosi
Lurker
Lurker

Unread postby Sentrosi » 29 May 2006, 13:41

I immediately liked the look and feel of the game. Sometimes I get slowdowns and a bit of jerking on the map though, but then again I've set all the settings to the best possible. With a game as undemanding on 3D as this ought the be I shouldn't experience lag at all with an AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+, 2GB RAM and two Nvidia 7800GTX cards in SLI.

All in all I'm pretty happy with it though, and absolutely thrilled that there even is a Heros V game coming out at all.
If I ever get what I deserve, I'll be in big trouble!

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 29 May 2006, 13:53

Certainly the game is in anticipation of patches, add-ons and what not, but I can say with quite some confidence that all of the previous games were more enjoyable, at least to me. That is not to say that the fifth installment is not a decent effort, or that I am not glad we got another HoMM sequel, rather than none at all.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”