Search found 57 matches

by Extrakun
09 Jun 2006, 16:01
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Òàê ñëó÷èëîñü... bug (not a spambot!)
Replies: 17
Views: 6535

Seems to be a problem with the langauge...usually those characters turn out this way due to bad encoding...for example, go to a Chinese/Russian site, and choose another encoding, and you will see those garbage characters
by Extrakun
07 Jun 2006, 07:40
Topic: Tank mystery revealed :p
Replies: 26
Views: 15214

Re: Tank mystery revealed :p

There is nothing wrong with the tank. A nice little easter egg. What's so "easter egg" about a stupid, worthless tank in the middle of nowhere … while the user-interface is so botched & the AI is so crappy? Nival would have done better spending its development time on things which mad...
by Extrakun
04 Jun 2006, 05:55
Topic: Hero trail thingie?
Replies: 19
Views: 5819

I think the trail depends on the size of your army. I was playing Makral in the 2nd scenario, and as his armies get progressively larger, the green smog he is trailing get thicker.

Now I am back to the 3rd scenario, starting with a puny army, and...no trail.
by Extrakun
04 Jun 2006, 05:37
Topic: Skill points?
Replies: 15
Views: 4590

I am wondering how to fix that in a patch. This quasi-random skill system is one of the longest-running tradition in the game, and is needed or else every heroes is running around with the best skills in the game.
by Extrakun
04 Jun 2006, 05:30
Topic: For your cheating pleasure!
Replies: 22
Views: 12556

Is there anywhere else I can download the file? Megaupload seems to have a dislike for my ISP -- whether I try to download the file, it keeps insisting that IP address is already downloading something els.e

Thanks!
by Extrakun
03 Jun 2006, 04:28
Topic: Inferno campaign - Agrael's decision
Replies: 29
Views: 8284

I think your hero's skills are quite as important too. I just happened to have all the spells from Destructive Magic, and that's probably what helps to minimise loss and etc. If you have Expert Dark Magic with Expert Destruction Magic, I'm sure it will be much easier.
by Extrakun
02 Jun 2006, 08:21
Topic: Picky beasts aren't they?
Replies: 33
Views: 18915

Hmm...to put i simply 1) Agrael must bring the 100+ Hunters to the Dragon 2) Aragel must > 100 Hubnters as they will desert him 3) Slyvan troops won't desert a secondary hero My suggestions 1) Have a secondary hero goes with Agrael, and before talking to the dragons, transfer the 100+ hunters to Agr...
by Extrakun
02 Jun 2006, 03:37
Topic: Some insight from poking in data.pak
Views: 6082

I recommend WinRAR over WinZip, as WinRAR allows you to see the directory structure.
by Extrakun
01 Jun 2006, 09:11

Vision wrote:For maps, especially easy will be the ability to just drop MapName.pak into the data folder
Hmm, yes, that's a good thought. They can just put the map folder inside the data folder, and the game shall be able to find it.
by Extrakun
01 Jun 2006, 04:48
Topic: Artifact descriptions mod:
Replies: 10
Views: 4549

by Extrakun
01 Jun 2006, 04:28
Topic: Does this really work for the turn-based strategy fan???
Replies: 26
Views: 7661

Part of the problem seems to be the LUA scripts. While they makes the game extremely flexible, LUA scripts must be interperted on the fly, not complied, and hence this degrades the speed slightly. But from the reviews (especially 1UP), where it says that at certain angle the game will lag), I believ...
by Extrakun
01 Jun 2006, 04:23

data.pak is not "hardcoded" - it's simply a way to store data files in a compressed archive, so that they take up less space on your hard drive. You can actually unpack all files into a directory structure and delete data.pak - the game will use the unpacked files. The way it typically wo...
by Extrakun
01 Jun 2006, 03:47

Some insight from poking in data.pak

Hi all, I have been poking through the various mapscripts.lua and realise that getting an easy mode may not be as easy as it seems. First, it seems that for each mission, the developers had hard-coded the normal difficulty. What it means is that to add an easy mode, the developers may have to manual...
by Extrakun
01 Jun 2006, 03:22
Topic: What are these things?
Replies: 31
Views: 8063

I must be misreading what you guys are saying. I just opened my copy of Heroes II and there is certainly not a paper doll figure of the character upon whom (as in IV) you equip artifacts. There are however many slots under the monster slots. There is not distinction between having more than one shi...
by Extrakun
01 Jun 2006, 03:20
Topic: What are these things?
Replies: 31
Views: 8063

Try H2 fool. You really annoyed me with your last thread. Now, I will simply shoot down everything you state as fact that simply is not so. The paper doll was a feature of H2, and probably H1 (I did no t play much H1, so I do not know if it was there). Get your facts straight wolf Screenshot for He...
by Extrakun
01 Jun 2006, 03:15
Topic: Too many non-retaliation units?
Replies: 90
Views: 21300

As for the devils issue; one of the major flaws of H3 was that everything revolved around speed. The high level units were ridiculously strong compared to the lower levels. It is clearly attempted to fix this in H5 by toning down the lvl7 units. For one by preventing them to cross the battlefield i...
by Extrakun
01 Jun 2006, 03:07
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: MOD: Wait+Load Buttons (thread is outdated)
Replies: 34
Views: 18484

Finally! I can stop ALT-F4ing and restarting my game when I got into a fight which I have underestimated. Thanks a million!
by Extrakun
01 Jun 2006, 03:05
Topic: Bought The "Official" Strategy Guide..Isn't that B
Replies: 32
Views: 7976

Most 'guides' are written with the help of documentation that the developers have. Take for example, the Oblivion's guide -- which are written by developers from Oblivion. It's decent, but it doesn't include the "min-maxing power character build" which you can find on GameFAQs. I guess tha...
by Extrakun
01 Jun 2006, 02:59
Topic: New Devil teleport-far Mod!
Replies: 55
Views: 12977

So, with your argument DL, Angels (and other creatures) fly, so they should have the greatest range (or second greatest), simple as that. Don't they? By the converse of your reasoning, so all the dragons shall be the slowest? Flying has nothing to do with speed in the design of HoMM. Flying's only ...
by Extrakun
01 Jun 2006, 02:58
Topic: New Devil teleport-far Mod!
Replies: 55
Views: 12977

Wow, lets break the game by introducing a game-breaking feature that people (who love to whine, *****, moan, and complain about EVERY-GODDAMN-THING) think should be in the game. The creature skills are set the way they are because, duh, it is balanced. Devils can teleport anywhere now? What are you...

Go to advanced search