What are these things?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 31 May 2006, 23:16

[quote="Dublex"]Horseshoe is probably suppose to mean your mounts feet as well as your heroes feet.. although the image is still painful :o[/quote]

So does this mean the horse has to wear the Windstrider boots too?
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Vision
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Vision » 01 Jun 2006, 00:27

Wolfshanze wrote: Let's get real... people are either short-sighted or have a memory that doesn't go before Heroes IV.

The "Hero paper doll" is NOT new to H4... it was definately a feature of H3... so it missing in H5 cannot be blamed on "not wanting to be like H4"... that's just a wrong assumption.

In the case of the hero doll, it's a case of not wanting to be like H3.
Try H2 fool. You really annoyed me with your last thread. Now, I will simply shoot down everything you state as fact that simply is not so. The paper doll was a feature of H2, and probably H1 (I did no t play much H1, so I do not know if it was there).

Get your facts straight wolf

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 01 Jun 2006, 00:30

Vision wrote: Try H2 fool. You really annoyed me with your last thread. Now, I will simply shoot down everything you state as fact that simply is not so. The paper doll was a feature of H2, and probably H1 (I did no t play much H1, so I do not know if it was there).

The world loves an internet troll!

Godslayer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Godslayer » 01 Jun 2006, 00:32

Sweet, interweb drama.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 01 Jun 2006, 01:37

this whole vision vs wolfshanze proves to be a wonderfully uninteresting diversion

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 01 Jun 2006, 01:44

I must be misreading what you guys are saying. I just opened my copy of Heroes II and there is certainly not a paper doll figure of the character upon whom (as in IV) you equip artifacts. There are however many slots under the monster slots. There is not distinction between having more than one shield etc.

In relation to the thread I hope the patch puts in the missing artifact descriptions.

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 01 Jun 2006, 02:57

That's because the paper-doll feature was introduced in Heroes III, not Heroes II.

Extrakun
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Extrakun » 01 Jun 2006, 03:20

Vision wrote: Try H2 fool. You really annoyed me with your last thread. Now, I will simply shoot down everything you state as fact that simply is not so. The paper doll was a feature of H2, and probably H1 (I did no t play much H1, so I do not know if it was there).

Screenshot for Heroes of Might and Magic II

Exhibit 1: http://images.trygames.com/images/games ... _big_2.jpg

Hope this helps.

Extrakun
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Extrakun » 01 Jun 2006, 03:22

PhoenixReborn wrote:I must be misreading what you guys are saying. I just opened my copy of Heroes II and there is certainly not a paper doll figure of the character upon whom (as in IV) you equip artifacts. There are however many slots under the monster slots. There is not distinction between having more than one shield etc.

In relation to the thread I hope the patch puts in the missing artifact descriptions.
There's a .xb (or xml? or xmb?) file dedicated to artefacts. It's an XML format, so it's quite easy for an enterprising soul to fill in the artefact descriptions. I manage to find descriptions at http://www.heroesofmightandmagic.com/he ... ifacts.php

Hope this helps

Paradox
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Paradox » 01 Jun 2006, 03:28

when you try to add a misc slot to the artifact area..it doesnt fit. its like, it would be too much hassel for them to add it and disrupt the design of the interface . how it is now, i think (iirc) theres 2 rows with 4 boxes on each row for artifacts...where would the last "misc" one fit? theres no room if you look. i think they thought it'd be better to leave it out than to redesign that part of the menu..honestly what else could it be.

Inoko
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Inoko » 01 Jun 2006, 03:35

Paradox wrote:when you try to add a misc slot to the artifact area..it doesnt fit. its like, it would be too much hassel for them to add it and disrupt the design of the interface . how it is now, i think (iirc) theres 2 rows with 4 boxes on each row for artifacts...where would the last "misc" one fit? theres no room if you look. i think they thought it'd be better to leave it out than to redesign that part of the menu..honestly what else could it be.
It could have been a message from the Fire Dragon, y'know. Perhaps they didn't think one was needed, or that forcing choices on artifacts like this was a way to improve gameplay.

In other words, it could have been a whole lot of things.

[Edit: What's a full list of the artifacts that don't have tooltips?]

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 01 Jun 2006, 05:19

So this too should be atributed to poor judgment?

Return to “Heroes V-VI”