Search found 74 matches

by Dragon Angel
21 Sep 2010, 22:00
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Is it naga faction ?
Replies: 264
Views: 110220

If the Faceless form a faction, they'll probably be related to Dungeon Yes, not to say the game takes place in 564 YSD, and by 540 YSD Malassa and the Faceless have forged its alliance with the Dark Elves. Yet Raelag has some point: might this event in 540 YSD what has made the Archangel decide he ...
by Dragon Angel
18 Sep 2010, 12:42
Topic: Real question: will you buy this with Ubisoft DRM?
Replies: 47
Views: 22518

Plain No. My net connection availability is not that good (I live either at a rented flat or at my pearents house, so it usually does not depend on me) so an always-connected DRM would make it a complete mess to play for me. I can barely stand "connect-at-some-times" DRM, like for Starcraf...
by Dragon Angel
14 Sep 2010, 18:16

The fact that they worship Shalassa, the Dragon of Water and deity of wisdom/peace/diplomacy should be enough to classify them as good :) The sources I have checked set it as mysticism/diplomacy/adaptability. "Peaceful" as quiet and secretive, but also switft and indomitable when decides ...
by Dragon Angel
14 Sep 2010, 18:05
Topic: forgotten adventure spells
Replies: 20
Views: 10369

As i said in starting post IMO H5 got the DD spell wrong. In H5 DD has very short range and high movement points cost. It is useful only for jumping over impassable walls/guardians. I think originally the idea of DD was not to allow passing impassable terrains, but to increase mobility. For balance...
by Dragon Angel
14 Sep 2010, 17:48

Heroes III introduced Nagas under the Wizard/Tower faction which was officially classified as Good. Heroes IV sort of dropped the good/evil thing but kept the Nagas as aligned to the wizards in the Order faction. Ok. That is it, then nagas in Enroth (Erathia) and Axeoth were good, and traditionally...
by Dragon Angel
13 Sep 2010, 22:53

The only issue I see is that Nagas in Ashan are supposed to be peaceful and good-aligned while Medusas (Medusae ?) aren't. They could fit in as a twisted version of Nagas and as a neutral creature though. I guess I lost some part of the Lore. ¿Were is it established Nagas should be good?. As far as...
by Dragon Angel
13 Sep 2010, 22:38
Topic: forgotten adventure spells
Replies: 20
Views: 10369

Regarding Adventure spells, I think Heroes V set a good path by separating them of battle spells. This way, a bigger part of the unbalance (adv spells being more/less useful than same level battle spells) is avoided. Then, an arrangement in levels (and maybe a school lineup) should be put in practic...
by Dragon Angel
09 Sep 2010, 20:47

What about... Core: Lizardman Naga warrior Dragon fly Elite: Naga witch Medusa Basilisk Champion: Sea serpent (let's call it Leviathan) I take it with two minor changes Basilisk and Naga Warrior (unretaliated, 4-sword mincer) switch places Sea serpent keeps serpent shape, but is called Sea Dragon (...
by Dragon Angel
08 Sep 2010, 23:20
Topic: Only 4 resources. Good or bad?
Replies: 246
Views: 86864

I was thinking about how the seven resource system would be best implemented, and I'm thinking that I would like the most if every faction had options to use any resource. Careful Linky, you are breaking all reasons you provide for defending the 4-resource system :rolleyes: Indeed, even easier than...
by Dragon Angel
07 Sep 2010, 20:57
Topic: Heroes VI pictures
Replies: 363
Views: 147372

Darkström wrote: But I thought the blue colour was part of the t-shirt design....
Either that or we have a pallete-swap Thunderbird... :?
by Dragon Angel
07 Sep 2010, 19:41
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Heroes VI Ghost Art
Replies: 11
Views: 4279

Heroes VI Ghost Art

Banshee, probably, if made a standalone unit herself. And yes, likely to replace the wight/wraith
by Dragon Angel
06 Sep 2010, 21:48
Topic: Only 4 resources. Good or bad?
Replies: 246
Views: 86864

Just passing by: Sorry about not reading everything. Ten pages is quite a bit, and so as well sorry for repeating things already said, that I think I'll do, but I wanted to share my comment on this, as probably has come to be the most striking change on Heroes VI for me. First impresson: 8| :disagre...
by Dragon Angel
11 Aug 2010, 21:17
Forum: News
Topic: Might and Magic Teaser...
Replies: 43
Views: 20270

Might and Magic Teaser...

To add more information: Ubi Newsletter arrived today: "La nueva guerra de Ashan comenzará en 7 dias"... or, "The new war of Ashan starts in 7 days", if you translate it. Either announcement of Heroes 6 is next week, or Heroes Kingdoms takes a step forward... I'd bet for the seco...
by Dragon Angel
16 Jun 2010, 20:27
Topic: E3 2010 Open
Replies: 10
Views: 4453

E3 2010 Open

Well, Civil V has been shown quite a bit more on these E3 dates (website revamped, gameplay videos, Q&A sessions...) so there is still hope. Of course, Civ V is in the launch ramp and this is probably the last event they have to generate hype for a good sale in September. It will be nice to hear...
by Dragon Angel
20 Apr 2010, 17:47
Topic: Ubisoft Eliminates Paper Manuals
Replies: 59
Views: 19343

Ubisoft Eliminates Paper Manuals

In today's world, every GoGreen initiative is highly regarded for a company (as the last note in the news identifies), but I'm with Ethric the energy-saving measures for DRM servers would save a lot CO2... I hope they realize soon. Of course, this is another move towards e-products (easier, and CHEA...
by Dragon Angel
17 Apr 2010, 19:27
Topic: Heroes VI Status?
Replies: 45
Views: 18658

Heroes VI Status?

No longer in the lime light? AFAIK, they are milking Clash of Heroes quite a bit still: I was surprised today when I found during a kid's program a commercial for collectible Clash of Heroes plastic figurines (mix of figurine game, trading card game and collectible stickers...). I was more surprised...
by Dragon Angel
07 Sep 2009, 20:58
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: [H5] Town shipyards, working?
Replies: 5
Views: 5778

I take advantage I am around the forum now to resurrect this topic (I have not seen many other topics on this subject, then I think is better to reuse the old topic than to create a new one). I have always loved town shipyards, and my maps are quite heavy on towns that can build ships (instead of pl...
by Dragon Angel
07 Sep 2009, 20:37
Topic: Selecting Mage Guild spells in Heroes V
Views: 4324

Thanks a lot for the ideas Grumpy, but I think I would let the things as they are. It is a pity, but it does not influence the overall game setup. It was more a flavour thing than anything else: the map pits sorcerors of a cold muntain vs sorcerors in a fiery cave, and it would have been nice to lim...
by Dragon Angel
06 Sep 2009, 08:49

I tried, I have made some more tests, just in case, and to provide more information, results are the following: Deleting Spells from the SpellID list --> nothing seems to happen: spells still appear in the mague guild, heroes learn them, heroes can use them in the town. Deleting All the SpellID list...
by Dragon Angel
05 Sep 2009, 09:37

Selecting Mage Guild spells in Heroes V

Hello, It is a long time I do not come around here, but I gess you can help me with this little question: I am finishing a multiplayer map for HV, in which I want to limit the spells that can appear in each town mage guild to a subset of all available spells. I was confident this would be a "st...

Go to advanced search