[New Mod] Might and Magic VII: Amber island is finally out!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Tomsod
Demon
Demon

Re: [New Mod] Might and Magic VII: Amber island is finally out!

Unread postby Tomsod » 03 Jul 2024, 17:01

neutonm wrote: 29 Jun 2024, 15:12 As for the music, it's quite odd - did you use full build or just mod zip?
It appears i didn't include music into mod zip archive...
I've unpacked the zip onto the original game install, yes. It had MP3 tracks, but apparently not for the title screen (is it a new track?)

More petty complaints before I forget:
  • There's a large pile of gold under Chapman Residence, but since it's under the floor there doesn't seem to be a way to pick it up? I might try something later if I get a Telekinesis scroll, I've seen items stuck that way clip trough the houses at enough distance, in vanilla.
  • Would be nice if the fountains added fountain autonotes, like in vanilla.
  • In the quest log, the third quest tends to overflow through the first page, and a part of it ends up unreadable.
  • Exit door from the rat cottage is labeled "Lever".
  • The well in town says it gives +10 might, but it's actually +5.
  • Gold veins in Amber Cave reappear after mining them and reloading -- not the gold, only a texture. (You need to hide them on every map load like vanilla does with ore veins.)
Last edited by Tomsod on 29 Jul 2024, 20:45, edited 1 time in total.

Blake
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Blake » 07 Jul 2024, 08:37

Congrats on the recent release. Great work mate!
Blake's Sanctum - Heroes of Might & Magic: fan page containing pictures, vids, info, similar games & fan projects!

fire_lizard
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby fire_lizard » 09 Jul 2024, 18:01

First of all, thank you for releasing such a great mod for such a great game!
I have already used first one teleportation gem (obtained from the inn the city).
I have a question - where could I find the second teleportation stone? It looks like I searched everywhere in the former Archmage hideout but could not find it.
Any clues from those who did?

UPDATE (found it thanks to rampage77t): the other gem inside the archmage's dungeon in the room where everything is upside down, there is a chest with the gem
Last edited by fire_lizard on 09 Jul 2024, 18:17, edited 1 time in total.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 30 Jul 2024, 08:22

Haven't played yet, but gotta say I'm thrilled to see more of the MM world inside this engine. I've had literal dreams of additional MM6-8 content, as I still enjoy just "hanging out" in these games after all these years, I'll definitely be trying this out. And of course the quality of both the overworld and dungeons appear stunning

Return to “Might and Magic”