Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
axlns
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

Unread postby axlns » 10 Jul 2024, 07:21

Hi, thanks for all your hard work on MMMerge project.

I have a problem, I started game few days ago only installing latest MMMerge pack and patch for it. Today I made new clean installation following this instruction https://gitlab.com/cthscr/mmmerge/-/wik ... al/Install and choosing Revamp branch. My problem is that after I loaded my save game from previous installation (with only merge pack) all my skills where I was at least Expert were promoted to grand master level, which made my team VERY powerful and obviously ruining game play :)

So for example my Sorc had Air magic skill of 5 with expert level, now she has same skill level of 5, but with grand level. and that happened for all skills with at least Expert level for all characters. Skills where I did not have any "promotion", such as expert or master, are unaffected. For example my knight had repair item skill of 9, but without expert level in it - this remain as it was.

So I did another clean installation, but now I chose Rodril-fixes branch, this worked normally, skills promotions are not affected.
But I really like to try Revamp branch as it has some nice to have features.

Did I install something wrong? Or maybe there is some bug? I can send my save game file if this help. Thanks again!
Last edited by axlns on 10 Jul 2024, 08:09, edited 2 times in total.

Robbie19911
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Robbie19911 » 13 Jul 2024, 17:50

Love the mod! the dream of a kid come true!

QQ - with the newest patch i have some issue with finding a merc that i'm looking for in training grounds. I started in mm7 world with Ranger, Vampire, dark elf, archer and was hoping to recruit villain Paladin later on as overall i want to pick the light patch. the only 3 classes (with promotions mix) that i'm finding are sorcerer, cleric (mm8) and Knight. Any idea why and if it is possible to change it?

TIA

Kinox
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Kinox » 14 Jul 2024, 22:00

Robbie19911 wrote: 13 Jul 2024, 17:50 Love the mod! the dream of a kid come true!

QQ - with the newest patch i have some issue with finding a merc that i'm looking for in training grounds. I started in mm7 world with Ranger, Vampire, dark elf, archer and was hoping to recruit villain Paladin later on as overall i want to pick the light patch. the only 3 classes (with promotions mix) that i'm finding are sorcerer, cleric (mm8) and Knight. Any idea why and if it is possible to change it?

TIA
Depending on very specific Character outputs, for Recruits Randomization, is complicated and may take a lot of time of on/off game time.

What I would do in such circumstance, is using CE (Cheat Engine) --a free to download app in the web.
Basically, there is a post here with the CE file which provides basis to edit all 50 Playable Characters in MMMerge.
You may change plenty of things there, such as the Class (including the Promotion type: Paladin/Crusader/Hero/Villain).

So, what I'd recommend, is that you Recruit to your Party the first Paladin/Crusader that appears, and then just edit that Character's Class (Promotion) to "Villain" using CE. That would do. The link is here: https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/ ... ne#p392199

You could do that with a Hero as well, but then, because of possible Alignment Skills differences between Promotions, to make it perfect, you might have to manually edit some of the Skills too in CE; or wait until you achieve the Villain Promotion Quest, which I believe, in MMMerge, would allow to swap even a Hero into a Villain, retroactively resetting any of the Aligned Learned Skills.

Black_Triad
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Black_Triad » 18 Jul 2024, 15:05

Is this thread a good place to report possible bugs or is there a bug tracker elsewhere?

toadking
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby toadking » 19 Jul 2024, 12:56

The attributes of monsters summoned by Druids are not affected by the setting of "Bolster Monsters". But if the game progress is reload after summoning, the attributes of the summoned monsters will be affected by the setting of "Bolster Monsters".
Reproduce steps:
1. Keeping the "Bolster Monsters" is on, "Bolstering power" is 100% or above, party member of Druid level 25 or above, Scripts.EnableDruidSummoner in modsettings.txt is 1.
2.Summoned a monster on current map using the spell of earth by Druid, and record the HP of the summoned monster as HP1.
3.Save game and reload it.
4.Now Check the HP of summoned monster, it's far greater than HP1.
This issue doesn't affect the game, it just looks confusing. :)

toadking
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby toadking » 29 Jul 2024, 10:51

toadking wrote: 19 Jul 2024, 12:56 The attributes of monsters summoned by Druids are not affected by the setting of "Bolster Monsters". But if the game progress is reload after summoning, the attributes of the summoned monsters will be affected by the setting of "Bolster Monsters".
Reproduce steps:
1. Keeping the "Bolster Monsters" is on, "Bolstering power" is 100% or above, party member of Druid level 25 or above, Scripts.EnableDruidSummoner in modsettings.txt is 1.
2.Summoned a monster on current map using the spell of earth by Druid, and record the HP of the summoned monster as HP1.
3.Save game and reload it.
4.Now Check the HP of summoned monster, it's far greater than HP1.
This issue doesn't affect the game, it just looks confusing. :)
I tried adding a line "BolsterMonster()" to the EventCastSpell function , then the setting of "Bolster Monsters" can work on creatures summoned by Druids. Maybe this way can be used as a reference. :)

toadking
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby toadking » 02 Aug 2024, 09:18

Sorry for bothering you multiple times, can you help confirm if this rule is correct?
In my games with the last master branch patch, whether it's the Troll Master Monk or the Minotaur Master Monk, their SP is always 5, no matter how many levels they level up. For example, a level 10 Troll Master Monk and a level 60 Troll Master Monk both have the same SP of 5.
Thank you very much.

10bladedswallow
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby 10bladedswallow » 03 Aug 2024, 17:55

toadking wrote: 02 Aug 2024, 09:18 Sorry for bothering you multiple times, can you help confirm if this rule is correct?
In my games with the last master branch patch, whether it's the Troll Master Monk or the Minotaur Master Monk, their SP is always 5, no matter how many levels they level up. For example, a level 10 Troll Master Monk and a level 60 Troll Master Monk both have the same SP of 5.
Thank you very much.
is there a change in spell points depending on how much personality the character has?
the number can be viewed and/or edited in the merge folder>Data>tables>class hp sp.txt
it sounds like the base SP is 5 and SPfactor is 0 for the Master class, although if the spell points don't change with more personality points it might be something else.

Return to “Might and Magic”