Artifact descriptions mod:

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Inoko
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Artifact descriptions mod:

Unread postby Inoko » 01 Jun 2006, 04:38

Hey all, I've started work on a mod that will add the descriptions for the artifacts that are missing them.

However, to finish it off, I need to know what certain artifacts actually do, specifically:

"Ring of Caution", "Tunic of (the) Carved Flesh", "Cursed Waistband", "Ring of Celerity", "Ring of the Shadowbrand" *, and, I think that's it.

* The 'description' for the Ring of the Shadowbrand, is "Ring of the Clanlord", which is... not helpful.

[Edit: Here's a link to the mod on CH and link to Wolfshanze's site where he's kindly hosting it as well!

All artifact descriptions except the Ring of the Shadowbrand are up to date and working. :-)]
Last edited by Inoko on 02 Jun 2006, 01:52, edited 1 time in total.

Raspyn
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Raspyn » 01 Jun 2006, 04:43

Some of those descriptions are in the "buglist" post on this forum: viewtopic.php?t=1884

But, here are the descriptions from that post for you.

Windstrider Boots (+1 speed)
Ring of Caution (+2 attack and defence, -1 speed)
Ring of Celerity (+10% initiiative?)
Cursed Waistband (-2 luck to enemy)
Helm of Chaos (+3 knowledge, -1 defense)
Necromancer's Helm (+2 knowledge)
Tunic of Carved Flesh (+3 spellpower -1 morale)

If you find the description for those that aren't in the list - be sure to add them to the buglist post.

Extrakun
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Extrakun » 01 Jun 2006, 04:48

Inoko
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Inoko » 01 Jun 2006, 04:52

Thanks Raspyn -- I forgot to check that post for them. Anyways, I've updated all of those artifacts.

And a humorous note about the Necromancer's Helm, is that the reason the description is missing is that, whoever typed it in, saved it as Necromancers_Helm_Description, not Description, which is the default that gets(got) called for all artifacts. Heh.

Anyways, those are updated -- I just need a place to host the file, that will let you download it without too much hassle. Currently it's just a .rar that you unzip to your /data/ folder, since I'm not sure how to get it working properly as a .pak, but yeah~. :)

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 01 Jun 2006, 04:58

Inoko wrote:I just need a place to host the file, that will let you download it without too much hassle. Currently it's just a .rar that you unzip to your /data/ folder, since I'm not sure how to get it working properly as a .pak, but yeah~. :)
To make/create a PAK, simply archive your changes (I use WinZip into a ZIP, not sure if RAR will work), saving the path-name from where they are in the DATA folder. After you've done that, simply rename the "ZIP" to a "PAK" and it should work (it did for my own mod and other PAK mods I've done in the past).

I can host the file myself if you want. Check your PM.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 01 Jun 2006, 06:40

And everything nival needs to do now is scout the internet for mods,gather them and release them as an official patch,or better yet,sell it.And this is why we are waiting for the first patch this long.

I aplaude to all the mods for their effort,but it is said that others will take credit for that.

Inoko
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Inoko » 01 Jun 2006, 07:01

DaemianLucifer wrote:And everything nival needs to do now is scout the internet for mods,gather them and release them as an official patch,or better yet,sell it.And this is why we are waiting for the first patch this long.

I aplaude to all the mods for their effort,but it is said that others will take credit for that.
I love pessimism and cyniscm as much as the ne-- okay, I'm lying. I really don't apreciate the derail. If you don't have something constructive to add, would you please mind not being destructive?

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 01 Jun 2006, 07:02

it's actually getting to be like that a bit isn't it??? if the modders can fix these errors so quickly then one would HOPE that nival can do it quicker and release a host of fixes in the patch

/crosses fingers

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 01 Jun 2006, 15:02

Inoko has completed his Artifact Mod... per his request, I am hosting it on my website for easy no-fuss download, but it is Inoko's mod!

Simply place the mod in your H5 "DATA" directory... that's it. All artifacts will now have descriptions.

Download Artifacts Description Mod here.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 01 Jun 2006, 15:29

Now also on CH. Good job.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Erendir
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

another mod

Unread postby Erendir » 02 Jun 2006, 20:44

I made a "short artifacts descriptions" mod, based on Artifacts Description Mod by Inoko. I removed all the unimportant things from descriptions, and wrote it just laconic.
F.e.: Dragon_flame_tongue:
instead of:
Adds +2 to hero's attack and defense. Grants a 50% protection from cold-based spells
+2 attack
+2 defense
50% magic protection (cold)
and so on.

You can download it from
http://rapidshare.de/files/22050605/sho ... s.pak.html (this link will live till July)

To install just put the .pak-file to your HoMM V\Data\ directory

PS sorry for my english :)

Return to “Heroes V-VI”