Dwarven town for expansion

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 30 Apr 2006, 12:46

I wanted to suggest a dwarven snowbased town to that contest but I'm too lazy :p

I like your ideas, but werewolves don't fit at all, and what do you say about adding a "flying machine" (WarCraft III) to their ranks? Dwarves are an industrious people that have invented many machines (check Age of Wonders II Shadow Magic f.i.) so you put quite some machines in their ranks without fear.

And that "this creature doesn't fit at that lvl and that creature should be lvl 7 since it was it in Heroes III" are kinda invalid as the Leprechaun is the lvl 4 (highest lvl) creature in Age of Wonders II Shadow Magic.

If you always put the same creatures in the same places, then how in the nine hells can there be innovation??
Last edited by Campaigner on 30 Apr 2006, 12:59, edited 3 times in total.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 Apr 2006, 12:53

Campaigner wrote:I like your ideas, but werewolves don't fit at all, and what do you say about adding a "flying machine" (WarCraft III) to their ranks? Dwarves are an industrious people that have invented many machines (check Age of Wonders II Shadow Magic f.i.) so you put quite some machines in their ranks without fear.
Please,oh please no!!Can we have at least some dwarves that dont lean to high technology?Like disciples,or better yet,like spellforce.
Campaigner wrote: If you always put the same creatures in the same places, then how in the nine hells can there be innovation??
Heh!Innovation?In HV? :| Now thats a laugh! :lol:

Yes innovation would be nice.But not by putting werewolves stronger than cyclops.There should be at least some logic.Innovation would be putting in new creatures,like they did with succubi.

HealingAura
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby HealingAura » 30 Apr 2006, 12:59

According to my sources, D&D vampires have 29 hp, are Medium sized, have an attack of 1d6+4. Lycanthropes, werewolf lords, on the other hand have 132 hp, are large creatures and their attack cosists of (1d6+11, 2d6+5) which is about 3.5 times stronger than the vampires attack. Therefore, Werewolves should be at least level 6.

The idea fordwarves riding boars and the mountain giants came from Art of Magic. Mountain Giants are powerful, but stupid so they are extremly useful but I don't think any faction deserves a stupid level 7, no matter how strong it is.
Death is not the answer to everything, torture also has its merits!

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 30 Apr 2006, 13:05

HealingAura wrote: Mountain Giants are powerful, but stupid so they are extremly useful but I don't think any faction deserves a stupid level 7, no matter how strong it is.
Right, because Mindless Undead Dragons are unheard of.... :rolleyes:
And Behemoths aren't just trained animals.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 Apr 2006, 13:08

HealingAura wrote:According to my sources, D&D vampires have 29 hp, are Medium sized, have an attack of 1d6+4. Lycanthropes, werewolf lords, on the other hand have 132 hp, are large creatures and their attack cosists of (1d6+11, 2d6+5) which is about 3.5 times stronger than the vampires attack. Therefore, Werewolves should be at least level 6.
But vampires have a vide array of spells up to level 7(or higher,Im not sure),are immune to weapons below +3,and have lots of spell like abilities,including charm(extremly strong one).

Werewolves,on the other hand,are immune just to +1 weapons,have no spells in their shapeshifted form,and are vulnerable to silver.

Boromir
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Boromir » 30 Apr 2006, 13:10

I've always thought about the dwarven town for expansion. However, what would you say for this: the 7th level unit could be Behemoth / Ancient Behemoth and generally the dwarves could be a bit sort of barbarians. Levels 1 through 5 could be just different types of dwarves, and for level 6 there could be a huge golem or so. But the main idea is combining the idea of barbarian town with the dwarf race, and therefore bringing bck Behemoths to HoMM (they looked fantastic in HoMM3, in HoMM4 too ape-like).
Cheers,
Boromir
For every difficult question there is an easy answer: short, simple and wrong.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 Apr 2006, 13:15

Boromir wrote:I've always thought about the dwarven town for expansion. However, what would you say for this: the 7th level unit could be Behemoth / Ancient Behemoth and generally the dwarves could be a bit sort of barbarians. Levels 1 through 5 could be just different types of dwarves, and for level 6 there could be a huge golem or so. But the main idea is combining the idea of barbarian town with the dwarf race, and therefore bringing bck Behemoths to HoMM (they looked fantastic in HoMM3, in HoMM4 too ape-like).
Yes,behemots would fit in nicely.But I like HealingAuras idea of aviak better then the golems.Although,having a pure walker town would be a nice addition.

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 30 Apr 2006, 13:16

DaemianLucifer wrote: Please,oh please no!!Can we have at least some dwarves that dont lean to high technology?Like disciples,or better yet,like spellforce.
Image You said what? ;)

Couldn't find a pic of him ingame. There he got this big weapon that shoots a rocket so I wonder how you can mention Disciples as an example of no hightech Dwarfs :p

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 30 Apr 2006, 13:18

Boromir wrote: But the main idea is combining the idea of barbarian town with the dwarf race, and therefore bringing bck Behemoths to HoMM (they looked fantastic in HoMM3, in HoMM4 too ape-like).
I didn't like their weird back hump in H4, that's what ruined them. In H3 they did have a more ferocious face though.

And it would make more sense for the Behemoths to be in an Orc/Beast town then a Dwarf one. Dwarfs could be more Fighter then Barbarian also (D&D Fighter/Barbarian).

And the Barbarian town could be more Beast then Orc, something like:
Goblin/Centaur/Orc/Harpy/Troll/Cyclops/Behemoth

@Campaigner:

That guy shoots alot of arrows, not a rocket. You should have used he guy with the Flamethrower. (Flame Caster I belive he's called)
Last edited by ThunderTitan on 30 Apr 2006, 13:22, edited 1 time in total.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 30 Apr 2006, 13:20

At least Spellforce have a great example on dwarves as DL mentioned.
Gotta get SF 2 soon, it seems like a very good game a nice mix of strategy and rpg. The game really deserve more attention.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 Apr 2006, 13:23

Campaigner wrote:Image You said what? ;)

Couldn't find a pic of him ingame. There he got this big weapon that shoots a rocket so I wonder how you can mention Disciples as an example of no hightech Dwarfs :p
Heh!I remembered them too late :ashamed: But still,spellforce has no tech dwarves.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 30 Apr 2006, 13:25

SF 2 might not have tech dwarves but it has SF on it.

And Disciples 2 has only 2 Dwarves with what isn't very advanced tech. Heck it's basicaly Greek Fire and Gunpowder, both of which weer known long before the Middle Ages, so Crossbows, Platemail and Steel Swords are newer.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 Apr 2006, 13:40

Its a shame that its still present,even after the HV fiasco :disagree:

HealingAura
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby HealingAura » 30 Apr 2006, 13:40

I don't mind dwarves having flame-thrower weapons or using a very very old rifle (like gremlins) but I don't want to see any flying baloons zeppelin anywhere in any Heroes game.

About age of wonders, think of this town as a mix between frostlings and dwarves towns.

Next town I will post will be Orc town (barbarians) since this is the 2nd most popular race according to my poll. :proud:

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 30 Apr 2006, 13:49

ThunderTitan wrote:SF 2 might not have tech dwarves but it has SF on it.

And Disciples 2 has only 2 Dwarves with what isn't very advanced tech. Heck it's basicaly Greek Fire and Gunpowder, both of which weer known long before the Middle Ages, so Crossbows, Platemail and Steel Swords are newer.
Say what??? It has Star Force included? Damn those buggers, they are a small company and they are really shooting themself by adding SF. Bah I dont want to rip up the SF discussion again its so tiresome :tired:

But back on topic.
I think the dwarves should follow a norse style (as they mostly do). It fits them perfectly well, they are like small, crazy, mead/ale drinking versions of us vikings. With excellent smithing skills, though as diamond and have a funny sense of humour but can be pretty pessimistic sometimes and dont like too much change in their lifestyle I guess. Just cant imagine dwarves living in the desert or rough terrain. :| So I have a feeling they will be living in the mountains in ashan, mining precious minerals and metals :-D

HealingAura
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby HealingAura » 30 Apr 2006, 14:18

Orfinn wrote:I think the dwarves should follow a norse style (as they mostly do). It fits them perfectly well, they are like small, crazy, mead/ale drinking versions of us vikings.
:yes: Vikings Rulez!

Of course dwarf town follows a norse style. Also, look at the Norse Mythology creatures. You can see that werewolves are included there (beasts) :proudirule:.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 30 Apr 2006, 14:25

HealingAura wrote:
Orfinn wrote:I think the dwarves should follow a norse style (as they mostly do). It fits them perfectly well, they are like small, crazy, mead/ale drinking versions of us vikings.
:yes: Vikings Rulez!

Of course dwarf town follows a norse style. Also, look at the Norse Mythology creatures. You can see that werewolves are included there (beasts) :proudirule:.
Yeah I wouldnt mind see werewolves in a dwarf based town :-D

BenchBreaker
Demon
Demon

Unread postby BenchBreaker » 30 Apr 2006, 14:28

i think the werewolves fit quite well, just not at lv7 amongst dragons and titans
I used to be indecisive, now I am not so sure...
:oex: winner of the the worst riddle ever :tonguehands:

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 30 Apr 2006, 14:30

BenchBreaker wrote:i think the werewolves fit quite well, just not at lv7 amongst dragons and titans
Agree. Lvl 4 or 5 would be most fitting.

BenchBreaker
Demon
Demon

Unread postby BenchBreaker » 30 Apr 2006, 14:43

@ HealingAura: also you should include a dwarven bersekers with this town, maybe it could replace the warrior and it could have limited primal/lycanthropy powers, so it could upgrade to werewolf? cos a "human" werewolf wouldn't make much sense
I used to be indecisive, now I am not so sure...
:oex: winner of the the worst riddle ever :tonguehands:

Return to “Heroes V-VI”