Legend of Erthia: Armageddon (Reborn)

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Lord13
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Lord13 » 28 Sep 2010, 13:29

wow...I saw the videos, looks great! I really can't help it now
and I must ask....you know when we will see it ready? :D
Every man dies...
Every beast dies...
Only heroes live forever!

legendoferthia
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby legendoferthia » 29 Sep 2010, 07:27

Thank you,

Although I have done a lot of progress with the 3D version, I still have to complete a few thing. Unlike the 2d version, with this I have to remap the outdoor levels. I have alot of the 2d dungeons and towns converted, but I still have to add some new features to them. I am currently populating the dungeons with traps and the such.

Below is a screenshot of Northern Felicia. The grass is more filling and colorful as compared to the one in the video.

MIGHT AND MAGIC INSPIRED GAME: Legend of Erthia - Armageddon!
https://www.facebook.com/thelegendoferthia

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 29 Sep 2010, 11:43

Looks great!
I only watched the first video, but I was wondering what happens to the items you bought? I never saw an inventory where you equip items, or learn the spell books.

Edit:
Will the game be keyboard driven, or will a game pad work as well?
Last edited by Variol on 29 Sep 2010, 11:47, edited 1 time in total.

legendoferthia
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby legendoferthia » 29 Sep 2010, 11:45

Thanks,

The first video demonstrates the 3d mostly. In the second video it shows the menus and how to equip itmes, learn spells, etc.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 30 Sep 2010, 17:52

I would like to suggest leaving the "membership" thing out of the game. It's too much hunting around. I would not mind it, if you paid right at the place you want to join, but it's unnecessary, I think.

legendoferthia
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby legendoferthia » 05 Oct 2010, 10:35

You can use both the keyboard or the gamepad.

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 05 Oct 2010, 20:17

I hope there will come the time when i can shake off the curse of real life and reserve a few days for this game.

legendoferthia
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby legendoferthia » 08 Oct 2010, 13:21

Well, just a small update. I have been working mainly on outdoor tilesets right now and have improved the layout. I have added an improved forest, mountains, and water. Terrain has also been updated. Here are a couple images below.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 08 Oct 2010, 15:49

Oh savetara, you just tease us with all this stuff!!

Do you know what the system requirements will be yet?

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 08 Oct 2010, 20:33

Wow, looks very cool! I have a few concerns.
1) What I really dislike is random encounter. I want to see the map turning clean of any monsters and don't like being attacked while crossing an old map I've already finished. Random encounter doesn't make any sense to me at all.
2) The inventory doesn't look as convenient as in MM6-8. There you could see stats and change items the character wears at the same time (switching between two items to see which one is better).
3) When you leave the training center and shops you select "No" from the conversation. I hope simply pressing Esc would also work :)
savetara wrote:You can use both the keyboard or the gamepad.
And mouse?
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

legendoferthia
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby legendoferthia » 08 Oct 2010, 21:08

The system requirments shouldnt be too high. I think almost any modern pc should be able to run this, but I haven't tested it on any other pc yet.

I have taken consideration to putting mosters on the map, but do to the nature of the engine, I have decided that it is ultimately best to keep the encounters random, but they are not as frequent as you would see in FF games, it still gives you chance to get some good exploraton done.

Again due the nature of the engine, it is more console like then pc type. The game is closer to mm3 for snes then MM6 for interface, but with far more advanced skill system and treasure system then any Might and Magic game.

I have also considered the mouse, but it is much slower and more of a hassle to use then using the gamepad or the keyboard, due to how the interface is programmed. Pressing esc will close the windows.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 09 Oct 2010, 00:25

So, any chance that some of us (or just me :) ) can do some testing for you?

legendoferthia
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby legendoferthia » 09 Oct 2010, 08:19

Since the conversion from 2d to 3d, I had to make a few changes. There is still one known major problem I am going to have to fix. Due to the complexity of my treasure system, weapons, armor, and equipment names can get extremely long and it gets cut off in the menus. For instance you find a Dragon Slaying Diamond Heroic Sword of Incineration + 25. It will get cut off and you won't see the entire name... I haven't really bothered fixing this yet due to trying to get thsi story going. However, the story is my main concern right now. Once I get more into it, I will ask a few people to help test it out. I just don't want to send out a broken and incomplete demo. However, I am having a lot more time these days, so work is getting done rapidly. Today I just finished converting three more outdoor area maps from the 2d version. One thing I can promise with the 3d version is that it is going to be much bigger world to explore which adds more depth like side quests and such.

For those who are a little thrown off with the random encounter system, you shouldn't feel disappointed. I am not a big fan of random encounters myself, but I believe I have created the gameplay to be much more complex and dynamic then any final fantasy or dragon warrior game.

When I began this project, the first thing I thought was actually the random encounter system. Might and Magic isn't like that, despite 2 and 1. However, I pulled through. I adventured through my own doughts and just pushed forward. I think once you begin to play the game, you will understand a little more.

@Variol
You have been pretty persistent with my project. Once this gets a little more complete, I promise you will be the first person who can test this.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 09 Oct 2010, 16:16

Thanks, I'm happy to help!

I also hope to have my old PC running again by tomorrow. That way, I can test on my new PC, with Windows 7 and on the old one, with XP Pro.

I think the combat screen reminds me most, of Final Fantasy Tactics and 7TH Saga; both were SNES games.

legendoferthia
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby legendoferthia » 11 Oct 2010, 08:27

More updates,

Over the weekened, I finished converting more maps from the 2d version. I've added at about 6 maps bringing a total of 32 areas to explore including 4 towns. I am currently adding and programming the obelisks to the game for the grand treasure! Also, I have done some updates on the story.

Main plot since 1999 or so:
The world holds four main elements: fire water, earth, and air, the fifth element is Etheral. Gathering these elements is necessary to destroy the gates that lead to the etheral realm, a place that threatens the existence of Erthia. The one who controls the etheral realm shall become a demi god. The guardian of Erthia, the angel Tara, has been imprisoned by the devastating forces of Etheralism. It is up to the four heroes to gain control of the five elements and to save Tara. Once this is done, they can forever seal the gates to the etheral realm.

@Variol
That will be handy having the old computer to test this on. I am sure though there will be optimizations that will need to to take place. Before the massive overhaul on the 3d script that I have already done, it was lagging badly. Now it runs pretty quickly though. There shouldn't be too many problems on older computers, I think! If so, then I just gotta work with the script and make more optimizations.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 11 Oct 2010, 09:34

I think that, with the length of some of the item names, you will have to use contractions. They can just be added to the read me file and people tend to know them by memory after a while anyway.

Like:
GS: Giant Slaying
DS: Dragon Slaying

and:
Di: Diamond
Mi: Mithril
Si: Silver

..might make things easier.
Last edited by Variol on 11 Oct 2010, 18:07, edited 1 time in total.

Lord13
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Lord13 » 11 Oct 2010, 17:25

Nice idea, Variol, I like it :)
Every man dies...
Every beast dies...

legendoferthia
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby legendoferthia » 17 Oct 2010, 05:48

Another major update,

I have put in a new inventory and treasure chest system which brings the game an even closer look to MM6-8. There is couple thigns I have to edit, but the majority of the system works great.

Some of the new features include:
- Each character has their own inventory.
- Weapons and armor now have pictures.
- You can store treasure in chests and such.
- During combat characters can only use items that are in their own inventory.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 17 Oct 2010, 14:09

yes! it is much interestier than ever!
one more things: is it possible to apply a mouse with clicing function insted of keybord usage?
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

Lord13
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Lord13 » 17 Oct 2010, 14:16

Great work at inventory savetara :D

There are some mouse scripts vlad, but is hard iirc to work
smoothly cause the engine is for console-type rpg based.
Have not knowledge to tell for sure though.
Every man dies...
Every beast dies...

Return to “Might and Magic”