Search found 19 matches

by jaq
09 Aug 2006, 18:17
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Finally finished!!!
Replies: 5
Views: 2777

In the next to the last battles, when I right clicked on the firewall to check its HP, the game crashes. Did you noticed this bug too?
by jaq
06 Aug 2006, 10:39
Topic: Tips and tricks-Academy
Replies: 40
Views: 16298

cornellian wrote:In my MP games, the mage towers seem to focus on Nature and Dark magic, with Light magic spells getting available usually only with the library. Higher Destruction spells are rarity
http://www.heroesofmightandmagic.com/he ... ells.shtml says Academy is lightie-summonic.
by jaq
02 Aug 2006, 16:53
Topic: the "new" maps
Replies: 48
Views: 16322

DaemianLucifer wrote:So why didnt they made a contest,and took the five best map makers to exlusively do maps for them?
Well, there's no editor yet :-] It's problem of chicken and egg.
by jaq
02 Aug 2006, 16:46
Topic: Sylvan Campaign Mission 5 - The Vampire Lord 5-5, 5:5 Guide
Replies: 51
Views: 22052

The way I've done it on hard level with 1.2 patch was quite quircky. When I've descended to underground, I've came across necromonger with 8k shooters, 20 hydras, 10 black dragons and fight was a masacre, but I won. After reloading saved game and repeating this fight, I lost only 200 sprites - Dirae...
by jaq
10 Jul 2006, 21:55
Topic: phantom forces
Replies: 43
Views: 12360

The spell is to be nerfed for sure. Making it level 4 is not good, because of balancing, eg. Magic Insight perk should make this spell available for everyone. 1. The HP of copies should be based on Summoning skill & spell power. 2. The intiative of the copy would have to be nerfed to MAKE SURE t...
by jaq
10 Jul 2006, 21:01
Topic: Casters in melee
Replies: 51
Views: 14737

But 'tis overcomplicated. Leave it as it is, HOMM need not to be just like another RPG. I'ts already too similiar.
by jaq
10 Jul 2006, 20:55
Topic: Annoying Puzzle Map
Replies: 36
Views: 12453

So I'm not alone in the thought that it will be a good game, when the UI and ballance is smoothed. But I disagree that heroes are unmemorial. All of them have a decent background... unless thou talking about Campaign.
by jaq
28 Jun 2006, 20:06
Topic: Most disappointing creature of Heroes V
Replies: 70
Views: 22531

Gargoyles. They do have a nice graphics, but they are not flying stones with razor-sharp nails.
by jaq
28 Jun 2006, 20:02
Topic: So the six dragons are...?
Replies: 125
Views: 41716

The Free Cities = Switzerland. Seriously, militaristic is the last thing they seem to be. And being centers of trade between different races makes them to usefull to destroy. Or maybe free cities = ancient Greece or nobles' democratic and quite an anarchy state of Poland? Or free trade cities of Ha...
by jaq
22 Jun 2006, 19:04
Topic: Is there a way to alter your predetermined level path?
Replies: 11
Views: 4075

Maybe there's a Witch Hut on the map?
by jaq
20 Jun 2006, 20:48
Topic: My homm V Balance Patch Ideas
Replies: 63
Views: 14594

Well, some your points has been taken, but the general idea of making every fraction functionally equivalent is not good. For example Grim Riders' special is great and they have exceptional speed as well as Blood Furies but they're both dying like flies and Witches and Hydras just suck. Balancing - ...
by jaq
20 Jun 2006, 20:15
Topic: My homm V Balance Patch Ideas
Replies: 63
Views: 14594

Re: My homm V Balance Patch Ideas

Ultimate skills are just that: ultimate. They shouldn't be changed, it's worked fine without them for all the other homm games. I agree that ultimate should remain the ultimate - that is achievable at experience level 30. But while for Wizard, Ranger, Daemon Lord and Necromancer the paths are eithe...
by jaq
20 Jun 2006, 18:16
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Master of Magic
Replies: 17
Views: 11784

If it comes to Sss'ra: I used to start in Myrran and crash Sss'ra as soon as possible. With the whole Myrran with its extremely powerful nodes, it was a piece of cake to crash those who played in Arcanus. In my last game I was basing on Hammerheads (or was they Hammerhands?) but conquering a node i...
by jaq
20 Jun 2006, 18:01
Topic: Combat order
Replies: 14
Views: 5112

The basic idea: Randomly, starting action values are determined to be: hero: 20 sprite: 60 gargoyle 1: 38 gargoyle 2: 20 The initiative bar indicates: sprites, gar1, hero, gar2, sprites, sprites, hero, gar1, gar2. after 3 sets of accumulation, we have: hero: 50 (=20+3*10) sprite: 102 (=60+3*14) gar...
by jaq
18 Jun 2006, 09:39
Topic: Arcane Omniscience
Replies: 20
Views: 7095

Rainalkar wrote:I forgot about that, but most of the time it's very hard to gather funds for that. By the way, do you know how does knowledge influences art creation exactly?
OMFG. That's what I call news. So Enlightment makes your troops better. See. But then, Wizard is a master of long game.
by jaq
18 Jun 2006, 00:33
Topic: Nature's Luck
Replies: 7
Views: 2771

Except if you've taken War Machines, the game will be over before you ever get the ultimate. Which is, in general, the counterbalance in ultimate skills; no time to get them. Agree 100%. I think there'll appear maps which will be done especially for Ultimate duels. Luck on every roll is nice. But y...
by jaq
18 Jun 2006, 00:11

Re: Arcane Omniscience

there was a discussion on enlightment. They pointed out that this isn't the old skill from the old games. The stat bonus is worth to have IMHO, even if you aren't going for ultimate. Some xp is always worth to have as well. XP is next to nothing, while rise in the primary attributes are not that bi...
by jaq
17 Jun 2006, 23:24
Topic: Nature's Luck
Replies: 7
Views: 2771

Nature's Luck

It seems that Sylvan will be my preffered fraction. It has good overall design of it: look and feel of the city, consistent set of hero skills, insane damage, small HP of army (with the exception for the trees), four units with no retaliation (including shooters) and last but not least - Light orien...
by jaq
17 Jun 2006, 22:42

Arcane Omniscience

As for now, I haven't played lot with Academy, but this fraction seems to be weak in the midgame - a lot of resources are needed to upgrade dwellings, gargoyles are good only for gremlins as ammo and once again resources for Artificiency are pain in the ass. All this together with Wizard's strength ...

Go to advanced search