Search found 21 matches

by kurios
26 Jan 2006, 18:09
Forum: News
Topic: Updated Heroes Skills/Abilities and Creatures Revealed
Replies: 39
Views: 10890

Heroes Skills/Abilities and Creatures Revealed

ya know on paper this game is looking kinda cool. But some of the ability names cold be better
by kurios
11 Nov 2005, 18:53
Forum: Articles
Topic: Academy Creatures
Replies: 71
Views: 25521

Djinn is the actual name. The name comes from the pre-islamic arabic term for wind spirits...as opposed to ifrit for fire spirits (where efreet comes from)...genie was a delineate from that word...I have always preferred the anglicized arabic words ifrit and djinn (pl: djinni)
by kurios
01 Nov 2005, 18:58
Topic: Another Nival Q&A Update
Replies: 26
Views: 8948

Hmm..don't i remeber from a POTD that the Inferno hero had wings...then that hero should be able to fly...or else why have wings....just a suggestion.
by kurios
19 Oct 2005, 00:42
Topic: Yet More Answers
Replies: 49
Views: 14350

You guys that are talking already to Heroes 6? If Heroes 5 does not make this corporation cash, i doubt they'd spend the cash to make another one....
by kurios
18 Oct 2005, 00:17
Topic: Yet More Answers
Replies: 49
Views: 14350

Hmm.... magic system not based on factions....that might be good. So i guess you'll be able to learn what spells you want (or can find). That might make magic kinda boring though...i thought magic in HOMM# was boring. But then i played 4 before i played 3 so maybe its a perspective thing. In HOMM3 y...
by kurios
30 Sep 2005, 18:37
Topic: Sylvan Faction Revealed
Replies: 17
Views: 6980

Hey Sauron thats a ridiculous notion that Elves would kill a human simply for wearing fur. The political stance that claims the wearing of fur is evil is a modern ideal in the age of synthetic fabrics etc. Fur has always been used as warm clothes even by those who respect nature. The Souix tribes wo...
by kurios
22 Sep 2005, 18:59
Topic: Sylvan and Academy Creature List
Replies: 33
Views: 12474

I doubt war dancer would be a dwarf...i dont picture dwarves dancing in combat
by kurios
22 Sep 2005, 18:54
Topic: Sylvan and Academy Creature List
Replies: 33
Views: 12474

Wonder if the GOlden Dragon is gonna just be a large melee creature or a magic user as in HOMM4
by kurios
03 Sep 2005, 01:06
Topic: New Maps
Replies: 9
Views: 3732

Hahhahhah! I just finished the American Way Huhuhu. Awesome.
by kurios
29 Aug 2005, 18:26
Topic: Discourses of M&M
Replies: 90
Views: 36250

Video Games are the only media form i can think of where the sequels are almost always better than the originals. But too many time developers try to use the name recognition to help sell a crappy game i.e. Forgotten Realms Pool of Radiance (the second one not the original vga one) The developers tr...
by kurios
11 Aug 2005, 19:05
Topic: Inferno and Haven Info
Replies: 96
Views: 33447

Why is the caravan so objectionable?. I thought it is an useful tool to bring troops to strategic defensive town and as a 'refilling stop' for your main adventurer hero. Its like a supply line.
by kurios
10 Aug 2005, 19:43
Topic: ForumTalk: Genesis of a New World
Replies: 4
Views: 3340

Well, i think we should save the being unhappy until the game comes out. Just remember there alot of dog games out there. As far as 'discarding' the old universe...anything can be written to bridge the two if they want to.
by kurios
05 Aug 2005, 21:23
Topic: Dark Messiah Announced
Replies: 22
Views: 12574

Valve has done good work in the past (half-life was cool, though i am not a fan of FPS games much))...and if they wanna spend the cash to make something...lets wait and see. If its a dog thenthey'll lose cash. If it turns out to be good then good.
by kurios
13 Jul 2005, 18:33
Topic: Post-E3 FAQ on the Official Site
Replies: 10
Views: 5622

Sounds like these guys have a good impression of what they want. And i think the game is going to be excellent!
by kurios
11 Jul 2005, 19:27
Topic: Interview at GameSpot
Replies: 15
Views: 6768

One of the things i liked about HOMM4 was the usability of heroes in combat. Whats teh point of callin the games Heroes of might and magick if they don't get into the mix and prove thier heroism. Real knights were in the mix of the combat. Now i know this is fantasy, but even in fantasy the real her...
by kurios
29 Jun 2005, 19:38
Topic: Q&A from the Nival Forum
Replies: 11
Views: 6620

Such hostility over video games. I really liked HOMM4. I had never played any games in the series and a friend of mine showed my HOMM4. I thought it was great. then i looked at HOMM3 and 2. They look pretty god but i dont think the gameplay is nearly as fun. I do not see your arguments that HOMM4 wa...
by kurios
22 Jun 2005, 19:15
Topic: Forum Talk
Replies: 15
Views: 8412

HOMM 4 was the first Heroes game i played. I have looked at Heroes 2 and 3 and i still say they pale in comparison really. They are good games but i just like the elements in HOMM4 but then i was a huge Disciples fan too. I dont think its a good idea to take the Heroes out of the combat. I mean what...
by kurios
13 May 2005, 19:53
Topic: Overview
Views: 5859

Does luck affect all damage or just spell damage?
by kurios
12 May 2005, 19:29
Topic: Overview
Views: 5859

Hm...one table i would like to see and i have not been able to find anywhere. I still dont know exactly what luck and morale actually do. Morale makes you attack sooner and raises attack and defense? And luck reduces the amount of damage recieved? I have never seen a faq that defines them exactly.
by kurios
12 May 2005, 19:26
Topic: Academy Creatures
Replies: 20
Views: 11110

Order creatures are the hardest pick...i find i leave the second level creatures when i can anyway...mages are great when you get a bunch of them...but they are always targeted and its hard to keep em.... I tend to use all ranged stuff and magic bolters when i can...but golems and nagas are very use...

Go to advanced search