Search found 95 matches

by Ed Robinson
16 Aug 2016, 21:48
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Heroes IV - Windows 10 - Crashes
Replies: 6
Views: 25449

Re: Heroes IV - Windows 10 - Crashes

Thanks Karmakeld! In reading the thread, many users who wrote had the same issue, crashing during combat and always when the opponent is making a move. I am in the last scenario of the Gathering Storm which has been one of my favorites, but seem to have to restart during almost every battle and some...
by Ed Robinson
16 Aug 2016, 18:52
Topic: Heroes IV - Windows 10 - Crashes
Replies: 6
Views: 25449

Heroes IV - Windows 10 - Crashes

Preface: We acquired a used dog in March. He is very attached to me. He is a jumper. My good computer is in a basement level room with only a metal circular stair. We put a baby gate across the top of the stair to keep the used dog from hurting himself. My wife won't allow me to use my good computer...
by Ed Robinson
07 Feb 2016, 14:33
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: M&M 8 install problem
Replies: 12
Views: 8525

Re: M&M 8 install problem

I know this is small comfort, but misery loves company...

I have not been able to reinstall HOMM IV and have had it on this computer in the past.
by Ed Robinson
12 Nov 2015, 23:12
Topic: Heroes IV won't start
Replies: 9
Views: 21764

Re: Heroes IV won't start

I have Norton 360 which was installed when I ran this last time. Norton gave an OK for each of the patches as well.

Ed
by Ed Robinson
12 Nov 2015, 18:33
Topic: Heroes IV won't start
Replies: 9
Views: 21764

Heroes IV won't start

I just reinstalled Heroes IV. I have had it on this machine before and it ran fine. When I try to open it now I get a dialog box asking permission for the program to make changes to the hard drive, I click OK then nothing... I have tried different compatibility settings and running as Administrator ...
by Ed Robinson
25 Aug 2015, 15:17
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Corrupt Saved Games
Replies: 3
Views: 3933

Re: Corrupt Saved Games

Thanks for the response. It appears that this problem may be related to a map called "Sylanna's Garten". This is a large map and this is not the first time I have played it. I did delete all of my old saved games and this seemed to help but the game still shut down when I tried to reload a...
by Ed Robinson
22 Aug 2015, 12:08
Topic: Corrupt Saved Games
Views: 3933

Corrupt Saved Games

I just encountered a problem yesterday where the saves are duplicating the name of a previous save. For example, Autosave 1 may be repeated several times. The game also begins numbering out of sequence, for example, (Name) 12 could be followed by (Name) 0 and following numbers are out of sequence. I...
by Ed Robinson
19 Jul 2015, 00:38
Topic: Something has changed my creature stats
Replies: 1
Views: 3027

Something has changed my creature stats

Suddenly I have Shadow Dragons with 3000 hp and my Archmages no longer have fireball, they now have lightening. There are quite a few other changes and I have never seen this before. It is carrying across maps. First noticed playing Shadow Dreams but had played that map before and never ran into thi...
by Ed Robinson
25 Apr 2015, 09:29
Topic: Monster behaviour and Party Positioning
Replies: 4
Views: 3326

Do you think this applies to VI and VII as well? I'm pretty well along in replaying VI and it seems the focus of attention is my priest and mage. Third and fourth slots.

By the way, I wasn't aware that you could change positions...
by Ed Robinson
19 Apr 2015, 12:54
Topic: Why HIV is better or equal to HIII
Replies: 77
Views: 36448

I have played I thru V and had purchased them when they were originally released. Of the bunch, I enjoyed IV the most. I also enjoyed the maps posted on CH better than others. I guess it comes down to personal preference. I never bought VI and based on the fact that I see so few user maps I can only...
by Ed Robinson
01 Apr 2015, 11:25
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: H4 Custom Map - Sound issues
Replies: 0
Views: 2695

H4 Custom Map - Sound issues

I just completed a map named "Hypnotized". This was an extra large map and I found it quite enjoyable, EXCEPT, the mapmaker loved water features which are indeed visually appealing. The problem being the noise they make is unbearable after a while, especially in the town screens. I tried t...
by Ed Robinson
24 Mar 2015, 11:57
Topic: H IV Sniper's Crossbow
Views: 2526

H IV Sniper's Crossbow

I have noticed that I still get reduced damage when the sniper's crossbow equipped.

Is there a problem with this item?

It is supposed to eliminate any range penalties for ranged units.
by Ed Robinson
18 Feb 2015, 12:53
Topic: Eagle's nest (HOMM4)-Can't pass through the 10 quests
Replies: 8
Views: 6342

I hate reading unresolved messages and so I just wanted to say that I rechecked both saved games that wouldn't progress past the Quest Island Hut. All of the locations stated that the quest was completed. I even reloaded the two saves and revisited the locations and got a completed message. Because ...
by Ed Robinson
16 Feb 2015, 14:46

I have never used the editor but spent some time looking around in it as this map is really worth the effort. I found in the object properties that 3 of the 10 items needed were misspelled or spelled differently than the artifacts list. I then edited them and saved the file. I am still getting the s...
by Ed Robinson
15 Feb 2015, 13:33

After a few years playing other games I came back to HOMM IV which is my favorite HOMM, can't say why, just is. I downloaded this map and am experiencing the same problem outlined above. I have played twice to this point and can go no further. I have searched for a hint or posting without success. I...
by Ed Robinson
09 Feb 2015, 12:57
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Maps won't start - H IV
Views: 3154

Maps won't start - H IV

I have been away for some time and just loaded H IV on this computer. I downloaded some maps and tried to start some of the maps. I keep getting a message, "Needs Heroes IV - Gathering Storm to play. I have loaded all this and have the GS disk in the drive. I have played some of these maps befo...
by Ed Robinson
31 Jul 2012, 20:53
Topic: A Fix for Might and Magic IX Loading Screen Issues
Replies: 7
Views: 17844

Bad news...

I just followed the link to try to get the instructions referenced and the site has been siezed by the federal government. Not going to get help there any time soon I guess...
by Ed Robinson
31 Jul 2012, 12:37
Topic: can Heroes even survive?
Replies: 19
Views: 13436

just my two cents...

I haven't bought VI. I really have no interest in playing through an on-line server for a number of reasons. Most notably is the reliability of connectivity or complete unavailability of service. I live in a rural area where about 10% of the residents enjoy hi-speed access. I do because we are fortu...
by Ed Robinson
20 Jul 2012, 12:23
Topic: MM VIII fails to start...
Views: 3094

What worked for me...

Can't tell you why, but, disabling hardware acceleration and running inside a window allowed me to start and run the game...

Ed
by Ed Robinson
18 Jul 2012, 11:44
Topic: MM VIII fails to start...
Views: 3094

MM VIII fails to start...

I have recently attempted to load MM VIII, I had re-played MM Vi and VII. The opening screen gets to the "3D0" and freezes. The messages follow: DDERR_INVALIDPARAMS in file: D:\mm7Scr\MM8\MMVIII\CODE\screen16.cpp at line number: 2880 SaveGame Corrupted! Code=200 in file D:\mm7Scr\MM8\MMVII...

Go to advanced search