Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge redone

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
cthscr
Golem
Golem

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge redone

Unread postby cthscr » 18 Apr 2024, 07:06

For those who might still look for the answer: bolster will overwrite your changes with values based on monster type's default ones. The only current exception is Q. See Scripts/General/AdaptiveMonstersStats.lua

HenKon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby HenKon » 30 Aug 2024, 07:51

Hi, I have a question regarding some possibly new quests in the mod. I mistakenly posted this under the wrong thread, so X-post below:
I have a question regarding MM8 and the mergemod. I'm playing MM8 for the first time with the mergemod, I've played MM7 and MM6 before.

Does the mod add some fetch quests to some NPCs? I played through the mergemodded versions of 6 and 7 recently and didn''t remember some quests being there originally. I think some NPCs asked to bring them some basic items, cloaks and axes and such. Items that are not explicitly quest items and as such can be sold in stores. Were these a thing in the original releases or do I misremember?

I'm currently in MM8 and Hiss is asking my party to bring him a trollish shield, a longsword and a lizardman helm ("next task", after clearing the snakes from dagger wound island). I have all of the items in my inventory but the lizard just won't accept them. Is the quest bugged or am I doing something wrong?

toadking
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby toadking » 01 Sep 2024, 00:52

HenKon wrote: 30 Aug 2024, 07:51 Hi, I have a question regarding some possibly new quests in the mod. I mistakenly posted this under the wrong thread, so X-post below:
I have a question regarding MM8 and the mergemod. I'm playing MM8 for the first time with the mergemod, I've played MM7 and MM6 before.

Does the mod add some fetch quests to some NPCs? I played through the mergemodded versions of 6 and 7 recently and didn''t remember some quests being there originally. I think some NPCs asked to bring them some basic items, cloaks and axes and such. Items that are not explicitly quest items and as such can be sold in stores. Were these a thing in the original releases or do I misremember?

I'm currently in MM8 and Hiss is asking my party to bring him a trollish shield, a longsword and a lizardman helm ("next task", after clearing the snakes from dagger wound island). I have all of the items in my inventory but the lizard just won't accept them. Is the quest bugged or am I doing something wrong?
There are three items have the same name "Longsword" in the merge version, but the longsword required in the quest is the one with ItemNo=1, maybe that's the problem caused by this,you can find the right one to him.

HenKon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby HenKon » 04 Sep 2024, 05:28

toadking wrote: 01 Sep 2024, 00:52
HenKon wrote: 30 Aug 2024, 07:51 Hi, I have a question regarding some possibly new quests in the mod. I mistakenly posted this under the wrong thread, so X-post below:

There are three items have the same name "Longsword" in the merge version, but the longsword required in the quest is the one with ItemNo=1, maybe that's the problem caused by this,you can find the right one to him.
Ok. Was this quest in the vanilla version of mm8?

DaveHer
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby DaveHer » 04 Sep 2024, 09:36

HenKon wrote: 04 Sep 2024, 05:28
toadking wrote: 01 Sep 2024, 00:52

Ok. Was this quest in the vanilla version of mm8?
No I added these quests. These quests I also add to the MM8 Redone.
David

Return to “Might and Magic”