Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Daedros
Scout
Scout

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

Unread postby Daedros » 22 Aug 2024, 23:32

That Vampire in the middle of that picture at the end of the trailer, looks like Thant. Lol.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 23 Aug 2024, 07:16

Daedros wrote: 22 Aug 2024, 20:58 https://news.ubisoft.com/en-us/article/ ... t-gamescom
"Releasing on PC in Steam Early Access in the first half of 2025, Olden Era is set before the events of the first game, and will take players back to the world of Enroth and the continent of Jadame. Featuring new factions, biomes, and creatures, Jadame has been referenced but never explored in the main Might and Magic series."
Lol, what? The dude who wrote that is obviously unaware of Might and Magic VIII: Day of the Destroyer, which takes place in Jadame.
Featuring new factions, biomes, and creatures, Jadame has been referenced but never explored in the main Heroes of Might and Magic series.
Maybe this annoucement was edited but now it's correct.
IIRC we never had any mention of Jadame itself in HoMM games, only fan rumors about HoMM4 taking place in Jadame, long before the game was released.

iAxel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby iAxel » 24 Aug 2024, 17:15

1. How i can play in merge if its look like disbalance i mean five dragons in New Sorpigal? And another thing like five character in begins, more damage etc.
2. Second question. I can play M&M 6 in 1440x1080 on full hd monitor? With Gray Face i can't find how do this. I can launch game in 640x480 with scaling to full screen but the game continues to work in low resolution. Can i play in VI with 1440x1080 i don't need 16:9 like in 7/8 i need only 4:3 but with high res.

HenKon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby HenKon » 24 Aug 2024, 18:55

Hi, I have a question regarding MM8 and the mergemod. I'm playing MM8 for the first time with the mergemod, I've played MM7 and MM6 before.

Does the mod add some fetch quests to some NPCs? I played through the mergemodded versions of 6 and 7 recently and didn''t remember some quests being there originally. I think some NPCs asked to bring them some basic items, cloaks and axes and such. Items that are not explicitly quest items and as such can be sold in stores. Were these a thing in the original releases or do I misremember?

I'm currently in MM8 and Hiss is asking my party to bring him a trollish shield, a longsword and a lizardman helm ("next task", after clearing the snakes from dagger wound island). I have all of the items in my inventory but the lizard just won't accept them. Is the quest bugged or am I doing something wrong?

raekuul
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby raekuul » 25 Aug 2024, 00:33

iAxel wrote: 24 Aug 2024, 17:15 1. How i can play in merge if its look like disbalance i mean five dragons in New Sorpigal? And another thing like five character in begins, more damage etc.
2. Second question. I can play M&M 6 in 1440x1080 on full hd monitor? With Gray Face i can't find how do this. I can launch game in 640x480 with scaling to full screen but the game continues to work in low resolution. Can i play in VI with 1440x1080 i don't need 16:9 like in 7/8 i need only 4:3 but with high res.
You don't have to take five dragons, you know. (Personally I prefer to start in Jadame so that I can incorporate Overdune Snapfinger and Dyson Leland properly into the party instead of simply treating them like dead weight - MMMerge especially is good for Leland since there's three times as many opportunities to fix his terrible stat spread)

iAxel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby iAxel » 25 Aug 2024, 01:07

raekuul wrote: 25 Aug 2024, 00:33 You don't have to take five dragons, you know. (Personally I prefer to start in Jadame so that I can incorporate Overdune Snapfinger and Dyson Leland properly into the party instead of simply treating them like dead weight - MMMerge especially is good for Leland since there's three times as many opportunities to fix his terrible stat spread)
Ok thx maybe you right i just can play with normal 5 character creating myself (i want knight+paladin+vampire+necromancer+cliric) and begin with New Sorpigal its my choice, but maybe you right most right world is 7 or 8 for begin game. But what about "Bolster monster", if im correct is auto leveling system if you teleport to another world, but for first world is works? I mean after 20 lvl or something? I cant find info about it maybe you know.

raekuul
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby raekuul » 25 Aug 2024, 01:30

Bolster increases monster lethality relative to the party's power level (a composite of their actual levels and the total value of the equipment they're using) without increasing their rewards. I play with it either off or set to 5% because I don't like how it inflates the monsters' numbers (at 5% it doesn't increase the monsters' numbers by all that much and it still permits them to get new/random spells in their repertoires)

iAxel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby iAxel » 25 Aug 2024, 01:52

raekuul wrote: 25 Aug 2024, 01:30 Bolster increases monster lethality relative to the party's power level (a composite of their actual levels and the total value of the equipment they're using) without increasing their rewards. I play with it either off or set to 5% because I don't like how it inflates the monsters' numbers (at 5% it doesn't increase the monsters' numbers by all that much and it still permits them to get new/random spells in their repertoires)
Okay im need to try walkthrough this mod again, maybe the second attempt will be more interesting)

toh
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby toh » 25 Aug 2024, 20:41

Crashed on entering the Stone city. Otherwise stable.

justl
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby justl » 27 Aug 2024, 21:14

HenKon wrote: 24 Aug 2024, 18:55 Hi, I have a question regarding MM8 and the mergemod. I'm playing MM8 for the first time with the mergemod, I've played MM7 and MM6 before.

Does the mod add some fetch quests to some NPCs? I played through the mergemodded versions of 6 and 7 recently and didn''t remember some quests being there originally. I think some NPCs asked to bring them some basic items, cloaks and axes and such. Items that are not explicitly quest items and as such can be sold in stores. Were these a thing in the original releases or do I misremember?

I'm currently in MM8 and Hiss is asking my party to bring him a trollish shield, a longsword and a lizardman helm ("next task", after clearing the snakes from dagger wound island). I have all of the items in my inventory but the lizard just won't accept them. Is the quest bugged or am I doing something wrong?
hi, i think you are playing daveher's extended mod (https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/topic/17435 - based on this one)
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

toadking
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby toadking » 29 Aug 2024, 14:02

cthscr wrote: 19 Aug 2024, 08:40
toadking wrote: 02 Aug 2024, 09:18 Sorry for bothering you multiple times, can you help confirm if this rule is correct?
In my games with the last master branch patch, whether it's the Troll Master Monk or the Minotaur Master Monk, their SP is always 5, no matter how many levels they level up. For example, a level 10 Troll Master Monk and a level 60 Troll Master Monk both have the same SP of 5.
Thank you very much.
Troll has +2 HP/lvl and -2 SP/lvl. Mino has +1.5 HP/lvl and -1.5 SP/lvl. See https://gitlab.com/cthscr/mmmerge/-/wikis/Revamp/HP-SP and Data/Tables/RaceHPSP.txt.
I have tested it multiple times, and it is an issue with my save. I did not find this problem when I tried playing the game from the beginning again,thank you. Now I encounter another one about "Repair Stone Temple" in Free Haven, step for reproduce as below:
1. Taking a "Stone Cutter" and a "Carpenter", now the Quest of "Rebuild Temple Stone" is nil.
2. Clicking the door of Stone Temple, show "The stone cutter and the carpenter begin rebuilding the temple.", close the message window, re-click the door, the menu of stone temple works now.
However, this does not affect the party from taking on the Quest of "Rebuild Temple Stone" and completing it.

PS.I tried it and this code can solve the problem:
replace the code replace the function "evt.map[19] = function()" in outc2.lua:

Code: Select all

evt.map[19] = function()
	if Party.QBits[1131] then
		if evt.ForPlayer("All").Cmp{"Inventory", 2054} then
			evt.ForPlayer("All").Subtract{"Inventory", 2054}
			evt.Subtract{"QBits", 1212}
			evt.Set{"QBits", 1132}
			Message(evt.str[30])
		else
			evt.EnterHouse{326}
		end
	elseif Party.QBits[1130] then
		if Party.QBits[1129] then
			evt.EnterHouse{1442}
		else
			evt.EnterHouse{326}
		end
	elseif Party.QBits[1129] and (not Party.QBits[1130]) then
		local Carpenter, Stonecutter = NPCFollowers.HaveProfession(63), NPCFollowers.HaveProfession(64)
		if Carpenter and Stonecutter then
			Message(evt.str[29])
			evt.Set{"QBits", 1130}
			MF.NPCDismiss(Carpenter, true)
			MF.NPCDismiss(Stonecutter, true)
		end	
	else
		evt.EnterHouse{1442}
	end
end

HenKon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby HenKon » 30 Aug 2024, 07:49

justl wrote: 27 Aug 2024, 21:14
HenKon wrote: 24 Aug 2024, 18:55 Hi, I have a question regarding MM8 and the mergemod. I'm playing MM8 for the first time with the mergemod, I've played MM7 and MM6 before.

hi, i think you are playing daveher's extended mod (https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/topic/17435 - based on this one)
You're right, thanks for the clarification! :tsup:

I'll take my question there.

justl
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby justl » 30 Aug 2024, 17:43

HenKon wrote: 30 Aug 2024, 07:49
justl wrote: 27 Aug 2024, 21:14

You're right, thanks for the clarification! :tsup:

I'll take my question there.
btw. have a look in my signature, there is some help for the merge in the link
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

Kinox
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Kinox » 01 Sep 2024, 23:31

Hello;

Continuous thanks for the marvels of MMMerge!

Latest Patch 16.01.2024 was incredible in fixing issues and making creative and positive changes to the already original game.
Recently, I've been able to play that version (on MMMerge Base branch) for a while and enjoy it; in doing so, I was able to catch out a couple of small issues, which I'm going to state here:

1) Some Hirelings which can "Cast" a Spell once per day, notably the Wind Master and the Water Master, seem to have their Spell failing everytime (it's not a matter of Mana of the selected Character). I couldn't make an extensive test for all types of Hirelings which requires the direct activation of their ability in their chat (e.g., Cast); but, for example, the Piper can still Cast Heroism normally for some reason. So, it seems to be a more specific behavior.

2) The MMMerge Recruits Randomization has got an incredible update in its system from this latest Patch (for example, it's much easier now to get Random Recruits than it was before). However, I think there is a little, unfortunate, non-intended behavior going on currently. So far I've checked (Jadame and Enroth), Training Halls and Inns are exclusively spawning only 3 (three) Classes types of the entire game (Knight, Cleric, Sorcerer; and just once, in Enroth I've seen a Wizard --though a Promoted Sorcerer). Regarding Race which is Randomized, I believe it's working fine (occasionally, a Minotaur Knight/Cleric/Sorcecer appears for instance), however, there might be a Class Randomization issue. The Peasant Class, as a Random Recruit, is also not being Randomized apparently.

"Be careful out there!"

PS: As a sidenote (this is accessory thing):
3) The new Base branch option in Party Creation which allows to mix between Races and Classes, works perfectly in that moment of the game! But, sadly, it doesn't affect the Random Recruits during gameplay.

cthscr
Golem
Golem

Unread postby cthscr » 02 Sep 2024, 09:42

toadking wrote: 29 Aug 2024, 14:02 Now I encounter another one about "Repair Stone Temple" in Free Haven, step for reproduce as below:
1. Taking a "Stone Cutter" and a "Carpenter", now the Quest of "Rebuild Temple Stone" is nil.
2. Clicking the door of Stone Temple, show "The stone cutter and the carpenter begin rebuilding the temple.", close the message window, re-click the door, the menu of stone temple works now.
However, this does not affect the party from taking on the Quest of "Rebuild Temple Stone" and completing it.
And this is what MM6 did. You can fix the temple prior to speaking to Stone.

toadking
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby toadking » 02 Sep 2024, 13:05

cthscr wrote: 02 Sep 2024, 09:42
toadking wrote: 29 Aug 2024, 14:02 Now I encounter another one about "Repair Stone Temple" in Free Haven, step for reproduce as below:
And this is what MM6 did. You can fix the temple prior to speaking to Stone.
Copy, thank you very much.

Mizuagi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mizuagi » 05 Sep 2024, 21:35

Hello, I am writing via Google translator.
Is there a separate mm6 build on the mm8 engine?
Last edited by Mizuagi on 05 Sep 2024, 21:38, edited 1 time in total.

Maslyonok
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Maslyonok » 07 Sep 2024, 06:47

Mizuagi wrote: 05 Sep 2024, 21:35 Hello, I am writing via Google translator.
Hi, why don't you just start your game in the first continent?

Mizuagi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mizuagi » 08 Sep 2024, 18:11

Maslyonok wrote: 07 Sep 2024, 06:47
Mizuagi wrote: 05 Sep 2024, 21:35 Hello, I am writing via Google translator.
Hi, why don't you just start your game in the first continent?
Hello, I am writing through Google translator.

That's the thing, mm6 is different from mm7 and 8.
I enjoyed playing mm678 mergemod.
I only wanted to transfer mm6 to the mm8 engine in its pure form

В том то и дело что мм6 - отличается всем от мм7 и 8.
Я с удовольствием поиграл мм678 mergemod.
Хотелось что бы только мм6 перенести на движок мм8 в чисто виде

raekuul
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby raekuul » 09 Sep 2024, 01:54

You can... sort of do that with MMMerge.

Start in Enroth, make four characters, and just ignore Verdant when she comes knocking. Never cast Dimension Door, and just pretend that Blasters are still mandatory for the Reactor Core.

Your spellset will be wrong but that's the only real problem, and in any case MM6 benefits from MM7+ Reanimate.

Isolating the MM6 resources for a total conversion of MM8 is... kind of outside the scope of this thread? It can be done - MMMerge proves it - but it's not enough for us. And if you just want to port MM6 then MM7 is a more amenable engine for it - no having to deal with the MM8 party system.

----

Вы можете... сделать это с помощью MMMerge.

Начните с Энрота, создайте четырех персонажей и просто игнорируйте Вердант, когда она постучится. Никогда не разыгрывайте «Дверь измерения» и просто притворяйтесь, что бластеры по-прежнему обязательны для ядра реактора.

Ваш набор заклинаний будет неправильным, но это единственная реальная проблема, и в любом случае MM6 выигрывает от MM7+ Reanimate.

Изоляция ресурсов MM6 для полного преобразования MM8... выходит за рамки этой темы? Это возможно – MMMerge это доказывает – но нам этого недостаточно. А если вы просто хотите портировать MM6, то MM7 — более удобный движок для этого — не нужно иметь дело с партийной системой MM8.

Return to “Might and Magic”