Search found 217 matches

by MrSteamTank
16 Oct 2006, 13:54
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Sylvan Vs. Necro strategies?
Replies: 16
Views: 6269

Well I think a good portion of the necro force can be nullified by putting skeleton archers as your favored enemy. As for skills I can really only suggest maxing out luck. Attack and defense only need to be lightly invested in(basic attack for battle frenzy/archery and basic defense for protection/e...
by MrSteamTank
16 Oct 2006, 13:43
Topic: The best level 4 creature
Replies: 29
Views: 10382

I'd have to vote for grim raiders. That defense piercing attack, lizard bite ability, and high hp makes them excellent units overall. Can travel the whole battlefield in one turn, smoke high tier units, and combo so well with minotaurs and blood maidens is what did it for me. Second place would be d...
by MrSteamTank
07 Oct 2006, 04:36
Topic: An idea for Word of Light/Curse of the Netherworld
Replies: 37
Views: 12691

Making them useful would be easy. Make word of light and curse of the netherworld have minor secondary effects(this would apply to all creatures with the dmg only applying to the specific creature in question). Example : Word of Light casts a weakened version of confusion on all targets. Curse of th...
by MrSteamTank
01 Oct 2006, 01:49
Topic: Proposed Swamp Town
Replies: 24
Views: 7038

Wyverns should be tier 6, dragonflies should be the tier 2 unit, and the tier 7 although it should definitely should be snakelike but not really a snake. Maybe some sort of swamp wyrm that can burrow through ground. And honestly I don't like the idea of cold blooded getting bonus' out of swamps and ...
by MrSteamTank
01 Oct 2006, 01:41
Topic: Most useful no retaliation unit
Replies: 30
Views: 11386

I voted Rakshasa Ranis because they are easily one of the coolest units in the game. That glow coming from their legs and arms make them look so badass. Honestly I think blood furies are overpowered though due to their ridiculous movement and probably because of that is why I say they are the most u...
by MrSteamTank
30 Sep 2006, 14:18
Topic: New skills you would like to see?
Replies: 8
Views: 3534

I definitely agree with fixing many skills. Arcane intuition is a pretty bad skill right now. I'd never really pick it unless I get really bad luck in my mage guild. There simply are not enough spells to warrant this ability. If the game actually have a decent spell library instead of the pathetic m...
by MrSteamTank
29 Sep 2006, 13:09
Topic: Expansion HOMM 5
Replies: 525
Views: 141575

I definitely think most of the units in this game need more abilities in general. A lot of the units have very plain jane abilities imo. So I wouldn't mind to see your list of unit changes added to the current roster.
by MrSteamTank
29 Sep 2006, 13:07
Topic: New skills you would like to see?
Replies: 8
Views: 3534

New skills you would like to see?

Are there any new hero skills you would like to see in the expansion or in a patch? I'll kick it off with a few necromancer abilities I'd like to see in the expansion or in a patch. Skill : Raise Zombie Requirements : Basic Summoning Magic, Advanced Necromancy. 20% of all skeletons raised raised com...
by MrSteamTank
24 Sep 2006, 05:24
Topic: Enlightment, is it finally worth picking now?
Replies: 48
Views: 14055

That Eagle Eye ability...does anyone take it? I've never used so far. If their were a large selection of spells that units and enemy heroes used then yes it would be pretty useful. Unfortunately this game has so few spells it's worthless. They would probably have to triple the amount of spells and ...
by MrSteamTank
24 Sep 2006, 05:20
Topic: your opinion on Raise Dead & Ressurect in 1.3
Replies: 85
Views: 23549

I think nival overdid it slightly. Right now all the spell honestly needs is a base power increase(this is both raise dead). Something along the lines of an extra 50-100 hp summoned per casting. This way heroes with low spell powers can still use raise dead to a decent effect and heroes such as necr...
by MrSteamTank
21 Sep 2006, 10:16
Topic: Let's balance Academy...
Replies: 26
Views: 8224

My only problem with him is that considering his cost his attack/defense stats are simply too low for a tier 5. so what about lowering the purchase cost? would that be better than adding hps? Lowering cost would work as well if the growth was also upped. If djinn's had 4 growth and they cost 450/62...
by MrSteamTank
21 Sep 2006, 03:08
Topic: What do u always pick?
Replies: 51
Views: 15954

Campaign is always experience and in single player or multi it's always experience until I hit level 7 or 8 after which I generally go with gold unless I have an abundance of it.
by MrSteamTank
21 Sep 2006, 03:06
Topic: Let's balance Academy...
Replies: 26
Views: 8224

Honestly to balance academy the only thing I'd really tweak is the genie. Right now he's rather weak and it hurts academy especially when your facing nightmares, unicorns, inquisitors, and lich's. I don't mind seeing the genie have such low hp so I wouldn't like to see an hp increase . It makes him ...
by MrSteamTank
20 Sep 2006, 13:00
Topic: Do casting creatures need nerfing?
Replies: 34
Views: 11166

ThunderTitan wrote:Casters just need to stop getting less dmg as their numbers increase and the dmg balanced a bit. Should be more then enough.
I definitely agree with this sentiment. This is really all that needs to be done to casters in general. No other changes needed.
by MrSteamTank
18 Sep 2006, 10:24
Topic: My copy of homm5 is now a fake since patch 1.3
Replies: 13
Views: 5112

Sigh...copyright, copyright. Causes uneeded troubles for those that buy it legit.

It probably would of been easier for me to hack the game. :tired:
by MrSteamTank
18 Sep 2006, 05:48
Topic: My pc can run this game?
Replies: 2
Views: 1605

Yeah the video card makes all the difference. I had an integrated 128mb radeon on my computer and I couldn't run heroes V on the lowest setting.

I upgraded to a 512 mb radeon x1600 pro and now it runs on max settings no problem.
by MrSteamTank
18 Sep 2006, 05:45
Topic: An interesting flashback
Replies: 179
Views: 49378

I found the graphics gorgeous in this game, however, the glaring oversights and lack of features(multiplay hotseat and simultaneous turns....how could they forget these) completely threw me out of the immersion.
by MrSteamTank
18 Sep 2006, 05:44
Topic: After 3 patches, what is the verdict?
Replies: 34
Views: 11082

Re: After 3 patches, what is the verdict?

I've resisted buying the game up to now (partly because of other interests, and partly because of my experience with buying H4 the day of release), so what is the state of the game as currently patched? A worthy successor of the Heroes name, or a disappointment, or something in between? The game is...
by MrSteamTank
18 Sep 2006, 05:40
Topic: Are Ghosts / Spectres TOO strong now?
Replies: 64
Views: 15497

Ghost/Spectres were very weak creatures, with only 8 and 12 hit points respectively its usefulness in combat was a product of pure lottery. A single blow could annul them, but a evaded attack was allowing them to preserve their whole integrity, followed sometimes by a devastating retaliation... The...
by MrSteamTank
18 Sep 2006, 05:24
Topic: Massive changes in resource demands! Different game now!
Replies: 84
Views: 24981

I don't mind the change for more rare resources at all. However, I would definitely do something to change the luck issue in maps. Issues like not getting the correct resource near you early on screwing you over as you can't get the creatures you want at all. My changes would either be 1. Improve re...

Go to advanced search