Search found 43 matches

by Alfalken
24 May 2016, 02:52
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: stuck in chapter To honor our fathers - one khan, one clan
Replies: 9
Views: 10185

Re: stuck in chapter To honor our fathers - one khan, one clan

Interesting. This map got me stuck back in the day, mainly cause of Teal and Lethos keeps steamrolling me when they pop up. I tried following the guide (leave capture for later + ballista built) but no luck. Cheats didn't work either.. But reading this, I might be tempted to give it one more (and pr...
by Alfalken
03 May 2016, 14:45
Forum: Heroes VII
Topic: Heroes 7 Review v1.7 and campaign walkthroughs
Replies: 41
Views: 60633

Re: Heroes 7 Review v1.7 and campaign walkthroughs

Apart from Ivan, you start out with your cousin (or relative?) this guy who is commanding orc creatures on the far eastern side of the map. I’ll call him Duke Raven since I really didn’t bother to remember this character. Limbic hadn’t bothered to introduce this character beforehand, and suddenly j...
by Alfalken
20 Apr 2016, 17:28

I still haven't gathered the courage to go back to H7, after all that I said. That, and other games are taking up my free time (looking at you, Civilization V). I can only infer that you're enjoying this game, otherwise I would find no explanation as to why someone who has that many problems with a ...
by Alfalken
16 Apr 2016, 04:02

Well after reading that indepth review, I actually feel like coming back and playing H7 again.. call me masochistic or whatever, but still.. :D Seeing the bugs that cjlee had to deal with, I guess I can be thankful that my experience wasn't as bad as he is (as in, it could and prolly should have bee...
by Alfalken
08 Mar 2016, 07:25
Topic: Bug Reports after patch 1.7
Replies: 7
Views: 6209

Re: Bug Reports after patch 1.7

Same here, been playing the Axeoth campaign on and off while doing other things.. and my game's pretty bug-free so far. Even the artifact swapping works fine! (of course, I might've jinxed it after posting this..) :disagree: One thing I noticed is that the load times seems to get worse. Maybe it's j...
by Alfalken
17 Feb 2016, 03:59
Topic: Which Faction Do You Want Next?
Replies: 8
Views: 6558

Re: Which Faction Do You Want Next?

Storywise, the Inferno seems a natural fit for expansion. They played quite a role in some of the campaigns and influences things from the background as well. Id like to see their motivations explained more. And I'd love to see what happens to our Raelag/Agrael too. Gameplay wise, the Sanctuary woul...
by Alfalken
03 Jan 2016, 15:44
Topic: Bug Reports after patch 1.6
Replies: 33
Views: 21723

Re: Bug Reports after patch 1.6

Happy New Year! Let's begin the year with a silly text bug :lol:

by Alfalken
25 Dec 2015, 17:45

Well, somehow I managed to encounter the skill-disappearing bug from the previous patch. Again. Here's what happens.. I used Imperial Griffin's Battle Dive in a siege battle. Now, assuming it works like H5's version, it should hit next turn and land my Griffin somewhere close to where I dived. Next ...
by Alfalken
25 Dec 2015, 17:38
Topic: Discuss Your Uplay experience
Replies: 24
Views: 17006

Re: Discuss Your Uplay experience

I've had experience where an uplay update causes the game to keep failing to launch. I contacted Ubi's Customer Support and they advised me to reinstall Uplay. After doing that it runs, but instead synced the saves I had in my comp with an older version, so I lost quite a handful of savegames that w...
by Alfalken
17 Dec 2015, 17:03

Okay, the game just crashed on me. Twice. Fought a neutral Titans stack, used Firebolt for the one-hit kill, saw the victory screen, then it crashes. I thought it was a one-time issue, but then I restarted the game, did the same thing.. and it crashes again. :( I managed to get around it by using Qu...
by Alfalken
17 Dec 2015, 11:00
Forum: Articles
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Necropolis - Thoughts and Intentions
Views: 16828

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Necropolis - Thoughts and Intentions

By the way, with this many heroes the enemies are hiring, I think you're bound to see some oddities or two. I saw two Miryms once, one level 2 and one level 20. And amusingly, they recruited Lasir too. Especially amusing considering that this is a story being told. Anastasya: "Now that you ment...
by Alfalken
17 Dec 2015, 03:53

I think I've seen this reported before in the previous patch, whether in here or other forums.. but seems like spells from artifacts and scrolls ignores creatures' resistances. Even those that are supposed to have complete magic immunity. Buff from Oasis (morale and movement bonus) says should last ...
by Alfalken
16 Dec 2015, 18:10
Forum: Articles
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Necropolis - Thoughts and Intentions
Views: 16828

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Necropolis - Thoughts and Intentions

Interesting. I'm stumped at this map, since they keep sending their heroes over and over to retake my towns and forts as you described. I managed to beat the first three heroes with large armies, but then comes a level 30 hero (when my main hero is only at 18) with a huge army and some overpowered s...
by Alfalken
10 Dec 2015, 17:58

What happened to me is that it starts pretty normally with stuff transferring, then it starts getting weird when I tried to transfer a mana potion. I have two of them in the main hero's inventory. Then when I clicked it by accident, it shows that I'm transferring one of them to the other hero. I tri...
by Alfalken
10 Dec 2015, 03:53
Forum: News
Topic: H7 Walkthroughs Coming Along
Replies: 13
Views: 7473

Re: H7 Walkthroughs Coming Along

A general build/level up tips sounds good. Can also include things like general gameplay, tactics, build order, campaign survival guide. :yes:
by Alfalken
10 Dec 2015, 03:47

Looks like the Efreet thing was me blowing my load too soon and copying from the wrong document Looks like that sentence didn't come up quite right, Dan.. :D Anyways, it seems there's a minor bug with the Fountain of Restoration site that's been around since earlier versions. Its description says t...
by Alfalken
09 Dec 2015, 04:12
Forum: News
Topic: H7 Walkthroughs Coming Along
Replies: 13
Views: 7473

Re: H7 Walkthroughs Coming Along

I usually give the main hero some kind of Exploration skills since I'll be doing a lot of moving around with him/her, and there are many maps where you have to go solo/cannot recruit extra heroes so these extra movement boosts helps in getting where I want to be faster. Pathfinding and Snatch is pre...
by Alfalken
09 Dec 2015, 03:57

I haven't encountered it in game. Checked the ingame encyclopedia thingy for the unit list, and it's not listed there..
by Alfalken
08 Dec 2015, 19:19

Reading the patch notes while waiting for the patch to complete.. I like how they've started doing game balancing, like this one: Nerfed the spells Retribution, Celestial Armour and Sylanna's Bounty Now Retribution was crazy powerful and almost single-handedly wrecked my army on Haven 3 Campaign, ev...
by Alfalken
03 Dec 2015, 15:07
Topic: Bug reports after patch 1.5
Replies: 26
Views: 14170

Re: Bug reports after patch 1.5

Players who have experienced the spell/skill issue should note that those save files will continue to be corrupt even post 1.6 but any new saves made will work as intended. Boo. My Necro campaign really is haunted. Or cursed. Or both. :( Thanks for the update anyways. Prolly I'll try to finish the ...

Go to advanced search