Spells

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 16 Jan 2006, 13:46

And Dark isn't the opposite of Light, but the lack of it. And isn't making fire out of nothing conjuration? I belive that is how it is in D&D.

@Orfinn: Those are the names.
Destructive = damage spells! Light = blesses (including heals)! Dark = curses (poisons too)! Summoning = summon spells (wasp swarm too)!
It's been already said on this thread.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 17 Jan 2006, 11:53

ThunderTitan wrote:And Dark isn't the opposite of Light, but the lack of it. And isn't making fire out of nothing conjuration? I belive that is how it is in D&D.

@Orfinn: Those are the names.
Destructive = damage spells! Light = blesses (including heals)! Dark = curses (poisons too)! Summoning = summon spells (wasp swarm too)!
Yeaah! But It can still change in the open beta until the release date.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 17 Jan 2006, 13:31

Orfinn wrote:
ThunderTitan wrote: Destructive = damage spells! Light = blesses (including heals)! Dark = curses (poisons too)! Summoning = summon spells (wasp swarm too)!
So can confirmed names. As i understand some creature names have already changed because of player complains. ATM those are the names, and have been for a long time. alpha
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 17 Jan 2006, 15:54

ThunderTitan wrote:
Orfinn wrote:
ThunderTitan wrote: Destructive = damage spells! Light = blesses (including heals)! Dark = curses (poisons too)! Summoning = summon spells (wasp swarm too)!
So can confirmed names. As i understand some creature names have already changed because of player complains. ATM those are the names, and have been for a long time. alpha
If i remember correct some of the names didnt actually improve, did they? From Hell Stallion to Hell Charger :hoo:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 17 Jan 2006, 16:02

Orfinn wrote:
ThunderTitan wrote:
Orfinn wrote: Yeaah! But It can still change in the open beta until the release date.
So can confirmed names. As i understand some creature names have already changed because of player complains. ATM those are the names, and have been for a long time.
If i remember correct some of the names didnt actually improve, did they? From Hell Stallion to Hell Charger :hoo:
Yup! Life sukz that way.

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 17 Jan 2006, 19:31

Well it's really not that big of a deal, a good map maker, or someone like Gothrak could make a nice story/map about it. :-D :tsup: :rofl:
Grah!

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 17 Jan 2006, 20:57

I wonder what a story about a hell charger would be?

"One day a hell stalion was grazing peacfully,when all of a sudden a dimension rift opened just inches above his head and a battery charger fell through it,thus merging with this magnificent creature.Thats why hell chargers have square heads"

:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Mutare Drake
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Mutare Drake » 17 Jan 2006, 20:57

Thelonious wrote:Well it's really not that big of a deal, a good map maker, or someone like Gothrak could make a nice story/map about it.
The Energizer bunny got fired, because they felt rabbits werre too wimpy, and went for a horse. But then the battery melted all over the horse and it gained superpowers from the chemicals, and became...the Hell Charger!!!

On topic: Are the 4 magic schools comepletely inclusive? Like, will dark/cursing magic ONLY be dark/cursing or could it have a few minor damage spells?

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 17 Jan 2006, 21:10

Haven't seen anything about it that I remember, but a school with nothing but damage spells (OK, you could fit in a few things like Earthquake if you wished) seems awfully dreary- the spells better be doing something beyond "just" damage.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 18 Jan 2006, 14:36

And if that were to be the spellschool you're hero has, it's really annoying you can't do curses, or blessings... :disagree: Chaos magic (HoMM IV) could be viewed as the damage school and even they had some enchantments...
Grah!

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 18 Jan 2006, 14:56

Thelonious wrote: even they had some enchantments...
Yup. Like Fire wall, Fire Shield :flame: Bloodlust :grumpy: , Fire Aura :devil: and some others.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 18 Jan 2006, 17:21

Orfinn wrote: Yup. Like Fire wall, Fire Shield :flame:
Aren't you confusing Chaos(H4) with Fire(H3)? AFAIK, neither of those exists as a proper spell in H4, unless Equilibris has added them.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 18 Jan 2006, 17:25

Gaidal Cain wrote:
Orfinn wrote: Yup. Like Fire wall, Fire Shield :flame:
Aren't you confusing Chaos(H4) with Fire(H3)? AFAIK, neither of those exists as a proper spell in H4, unless Equilibris has added them.
Sry, havent played H4 and Asylum for a long time :tired:

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 18 Jan 2006, 20:17

Orfinn wrote:
Yup. Like Fire wall, Fire Shield :flame: Bloodlust :grumpy: , Fire Aura :devil: and some others.
Blood lust, fire aura, a mana reducer spell, confusion, mass confusion, speed, firststrike, mass first strike, catreflece... and 1 or 2 others that I forgot
Grah!

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 18 Jan 2006, 23:10

Gaidal Cain wrote:Haven't seen anything about it that I remember, but a school with nothing but damage spells (OK, you could fit in a few things like Earthquake if you wished) seems awfully dreary- the spells better be doing something beyond "just" damage.
Yes, but as you can learn lvl 1-2 spells from every school you still have non damage ones, just not mass ones.

It would be cool if cold spells would slow down creatures initiative, fire could ignite them, lightning reduce dmg or stats, earth reduce their movement etc. Of course those effects should not last long.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 18 Jan 2006, 23:18

Thelonious wrote:
Orfinn wrote:
Blood lust, fire aura, a mana reducer spell, confusion, mass confusion, speed, firststrike, mass first strike, catreflece... and 1 or 2 others that I forgot
Bloodfrenzy,mass speed,slayer,mass slayer,missfortune,mass misfortune. :devil:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 18 Jan 2006, 23:21

DaemianLucifer wrote:
Thelonious wrote:
Orfinn wrote: Yup. Like Fire wall, Fire Shield :flame: Bloodlust :grumpy: , Fire Aura :devil: and some others.
Whasn't there also a mass mana reducer?

Mutare Drake
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Mutare Drake » 19 Jan 2006, 02:43

ThunderTitan wrote: Yes, but as you can learn lvl 1-2 spells from every school you still have non damage ones, just not mass ones.
Oh good, that both makes sense and makes me happy. It would be terrible if you could only learn one category of spell without going through learning the skill first.
ThunderTitan wrote:It would be cool if cold spells would slow down creatures initiative, fire could ignite them, lightning reduce dmg or stats, earth reduce their movement etc. Of course those effects should not last long.
That'd be neat. It'd also give more variety to the 40 spells they have, if 'basic' stuff like magical bolts could be fire, ice, lightning, or earth and do different things. As was said a while ago, by someone else, I believe.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 19 Jan 2006, 06:57

ThunderTitan wrote:
DaemianLucifer wrote:
Thelonious wrote: Blood lust, fire aura, a mana reducer spell, confusion, mass confusion, speed, firststrike, mass first strike, catreflece... and 1 or 2 others that I forgot
Whasn't there also a mass mana reducer?
There was just one mana flare,and it was mass spell.Oh,and I forgot the spell shackle.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 19 Jan 2006, 08:50

DaemianLucifer wrote: There was just one mana flare,and it was mass spell.Oh,and I forgot the spell shackle.
Oh yeah. Got confused.

Too bad it didn't have a mass catreflexes. Lvl 5 of course.

@Mutare: Well magic arrow would be better if it would be magical and have a chance to Dispel or something. And Meteor Shower could have both Earth and Fire damage. It would also be nice to have Light and Dark damage spells (as they are elements in the game). But that could get a little confusing.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”