Puppet Master

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
GSte
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Puppet Master

Unread postby GSte » 03 Oct 2006, 00:27

How do you get this spell anyone? Can't find it on Aurelain's Skill Wheel or in the manual, but I've definately seen it in the game...... also are there any other spells that aren't in the manual? Thanks :|

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 03 Oct 2006, 00:29

just search more, it is one of the 2 five levels death spells.
I support(ed?) Nival... flame on !!!
The truth pure and simple is seldom pure and never simple...

wayne
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby wayne » 03 Oct 2006, 19:49

Keep building level 5 mage guilds, it's probably the spell people want when they learn Dark Magic (I think the other level 5 spell is rather crap).

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 03 Oct 2006, 21:45

Use the manual hosted on this site (or the "officially approved fan manuel" on Age of Heroes.). You will find a lot of useful info. inside that you never have any question again.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 04 Oct 2006, 04:10

It's a level 5 dark magic spell which means you need to have expert dark magic. It is also possible to learn it from a dragon utopia.

Generally speaking, isn't puppet master less desirable because of the initiative hitting effect. Wouldn't you rather gain control of the unit immediately? At this point frenzy is more attractive to me.

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 04 Oct 2006, 04:16

does frenzy give no retaliation now? that's the main reason i use puppetmaster.

you can beat on that big 'ol enemy stack over and over, and they just sit there and take it.

"thank you sir, may i have another?"

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 04 Oct 2006, 04:23

no frenzied units take retal ... but that is even better... at the beginnig of a fight ( frenzy on the grems to atak the titans ... )
but imo those two spells are way more usefull than resurection, teleport or arcan armor ...
necro ftw... halas
I support(ed?) Nival... flame on !!!
The truth pure and simple is seldom pure and never simple...

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 06 Oct 2006, 00:02

Kilop wrote:no frenzied units take retal ... but that is even better... at the beginnig of a fight ( frenzy on the grems to atak the titans ... )
but imo those two spells are way more usefull than resurection, teleport or arcan armor ...
necro ftw... halas
And haven!

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 06 Oct 2006, 04:25

Just tested puppet master myself. Sometimes it says the spell "fails" for no good reason.

I wonder when this change was made? (kind of sucks now)

h4mx0r
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby h4mx0r » 06 Oct 2006, 06:38

Puppet master is kind of uselessly arguable in Hot Seat mode. Because the color does not change, a friend can argue this out as still his unit and his control. While it cannot harm me as it can harm himself, its still annoying to argue it.

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 06 Oct 2006, 08:14

Just right click on the unit twice to bring up the status. If it is under puppet master you will see the icon and duration for it. (Hopefully you have the recent patches.)

Return to “Heroes V-VI”