The Round Table Championship (season 1)

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 04 Sep 2006, 12:33

Or just make them pick a formation before the tournament starts and make it unchangable.Or tie the formation to captain selection.For example midfield captain would be 3-5-2,attacker would be 3-3-4,defender would be 4-4-2 and goalkeeper would be 5-4-1.

eekstah
Scout
Scout

Unread postby eekstah » 04 Sep 2006, 14:05

Kalah wrote:@Eekstah: it may also enable the changing of formation mid-season, though not mid-match. I still value the player's bonuses though; the captain is an integral part of the team. My system does not change the score by much, however. A 20% bonus only adds/takes away a single goal - yet, it can be the decider, as seen in this tournament.
As my system does not operate with "bonuses" (if...then...else), merely mathematical calculations, there is no way to determine a result when a draw occurs. So maybe the excisting system can be used in penalty shootouts, in case of draws in the matches that can't end with equall scores (finals, semi-finals ++)? Specifying both formation and position of the captain gives 4*36=144 posible combinations, and a match between two teams gives 144^2=20736 combinations. 8| :-D, not even including the dices.

Changing formations during the tournament should not be a problem, as there is no formations that are truly superior to others. Besides, it's still pretty much about the dices.

I will upload a beta (or something) of the application today, then you can all check it out.

eekstah
Scout
Scout

Unread postby eekstah » 05 Sep 2006, 00:11

Allright, here it is: RTC.exe.

One executable file, ready to go. Filesize 48KB. Scanned with Norton Antivirus 2006 with virus definitions updated today.

For efficient usage, see the instructions below :D

1: These are the 6 textboxes in which you input player formation data in the order illustrated by the pointing indicators: Number of Team 1's defenders, Team 1's midfields, Team 1's forwards, Team 2's defenders, Team 2's midfields, Team 2's forwards.

NOTE: Team 2's formation is listed backwards in relation to Team1 so that it appears that the two teams are facing each other. If the order of these data suddenly should slip your mind during an input session, simply use your mouse or other pointing device to place the cursor over one of the datafields and wait for approximately one second. This will cause a name label to appear over the respective textbox.

NOTE2: The application's built-in AutoTextBox FocusSwitch (ATBFS™) will guide you through the process of entering the correct digits in the correct boxes without using the tabulator key on your keyboard, or moving your mouse or other pointing device. All you are necessitated to do when operating this program is performing six consecutive keystrokes. For more information please refer to the Owner's Manual, page 51b.

1bc: Besides from indicating which input boxes that belong to the different teams: The three topmost fields are used for entering the formation of Team 1, while the remaining three are used for Team2 (see Fig. 1); these labels are also clickable. Clicking with your mouse or other pointing device on one of these labels will cause the application to execute a sub program that randomly puts together a team formation for the respective Team of the label you clicked.

Oh man, I'm too tired to go on :tired:
(I apologize for this lame attempted humor.)
... maybe I'll finish it tomorrow :D

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 05 Sep 2006, 01:16

Its not lame.I grinned a few times :devious:

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 05 Sep 2006, 01:42

6 months .... bugger, my whole team will be beer bellied and rather unstable after that long off!!
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Return to “Campfire”