Expansion HOMM 5

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Darkstroem
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkstroem » 31 Aug 2006, 18:26

Warlock wrote:Fire (or Red) Dragon - http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2xj8.jpg (on the far right of course)
That looks better than the actual version...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 31 Aug 2006, 18:33

Actualy Draco is a pretty old word, and there are plenty of dragon like creatures in most mythologies. Now if you´re talking about the curent form of the euro-drake then yeah, it´s pretty new, but not the concept.

As for Drake - Dragon, the difference is a modern invention from who knows what book or game, not a mythological one. Now if someone knew from where, so we can finaly put it to rest....
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 31 Aug 2006, 18:38

It probably came with D&D,like almost any other fantasy related thing.

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 31 Aug 2006, 18:42

and by the way, dragon doesn t come from China, you can already find it in ancient biblic texts ...
And yeah, drake means nothing diferent, wyrm and wyverne on the other hand are dragon like but different

Tysar
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Tysar » 31 Aug 2006, 18:43

that first picture is cool, and the units there look way cooler than the real ones, (especially the dragon ofc. - the rest look not bad) unfortunately a very common thing with concept art...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 31 Aug 2006, 18:44

But i can't find it in D&D. And they usualy have things very well documented.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 31 Aug 2006, 18:52

i think the dragon in the size chart (btw, some of those dwarves are pretty big huh?) looks pretty bad. the second picture you showed is the same one they are using now, and i already said its good. i said i think they sould change the unupgraded, but just the skin. the model is good. maybe give it the same type of skin as in that first picture.

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 31 Aug 2006, 19:14

Is this a game or a catwalk for monsters?

Darkstroem
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkstroem » 31 Aug 2006, 19:25

Which one is actually the upgraded and the unupgraded dragon?

Warlock
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Warlock » 31 Aug 2006, 19:26

Darkstroem wrote:Which one is actually the upgraded and the unupgraded dragon?
I'm still not sure, but I think the one made entirely of fire is the upgraded form (it looks like crap too)
http://www.the-genies-lamp.com/images/h ... dragon.jpg

That's why I was saying the other one should be the upgraded form and they should do that artwork for the unupgraded.

Darkstroem
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkstroem » 31 Aug 2006, 19:32

Warlock wrote:That's why I was saying the other one should be the upgraded form and they should do that artwork for the unupgraded.
That would be better. The magma dragon looks really bad.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 31 Aug 2006, 19:37

Jolly Joker wrote:Is this a game or a catwalk for monsters?
Is this a game or a 3D showcase? :devil: As for catwalk for monsters.... that would be a very short show if only the dwarfs are included. Really, how hard would it have been to just say that the bears are specialy trained and don't need a rider?

Warlock
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Warlock » 31 Aug 2006, 19:39

ThunderTitan wrote:
Is this a game or a 3D showcase? :devil: As for catwalk for monsters.... that would be a very short show if only the dwarfs are included. Really, how hard would it have been to just say that the bears are specialy trained and don't need a rider?
Or they could be Man-Bear Pigs :)

Tysar
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Tysar » 31 Aug 2006, 19:40

soupnazii wrote:(btw, some of those dwarves are pretty big huh?)
Actually I think the biggest one with the cool hammer is a fire giant or something, it would make sense as the whole town has a strong norse mythology theme. And, of course, he's way too big to be a dwarf (I think they should have made all the dwarves approximately the same height anyway, with the berserker being already way too tall). As a side note, imo he looks nicer than the actual model as well...

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 31 Aug 2006, 19:45

this is the unupgraded, or Magma, dragon.

this is the upgraded, or Lava, dragon.

as i said before, both dragons have good models. the upgraded looks really cool, wings would ruin it (especially those tiny little wings from the dragon in the size chart). the magma dragon just has a really bad looking skin, and should be re-colored. the dragon here looks like crap and its a good thing they didnt use him. however, i think they had the right idea with the skin. they should give the Magma dragon the same kind of brownish skin as that dragon has, but keep the same model.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 31 Aug 2006, 19:49

Warlock wrote: Or they could be Man-Bear Pigs :)
Dont you mean man-dwarf-pig :D

Darkstroem
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkstroem » 31 Aug 2006, 19:49

soupnazii wrote:the magma dragon just has a really bad looking skin, and should be re-colored.
Yep. The skin is too light and detailed. It's hard to distinguish its body parts.

Warlock
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Warlock » 31 Aug 2006, 19:49

soupnazii wrote:this is the unupgraded, or Magma, dragon.

this is the upgraded, or Lava, dragon.

as i said before, both dragons have good models. the upgraded looks really cool, wings would ruin it (especially those tiny little wings from the dragon in the size chart). the magma dragon just has a really bad looking skin, and should be re-colored. the dragon here looks like crap and its a good thing they didnt use him. however, i think they had the right idea with the skin. they should give the Magma dragon the same kind of brownish skin as that dragon has, but keep the same model.
How do you know? Because everything I've seen says the exact opposite.

P.S. - the "Fire" one reminsd me too much of this:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 31 Aug 2006, 19:52

@Tysar

I certainly hope those are giants, but whenever i'm optimist i get biten in the @$$.

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 31 Aug 2006, 19:52

ThunderTitan wrote:
Ah, you already saw the real-deal 3d showcase Dwarven pictures!

Return to “Heroes V-VI”