Expansion HOMM 5

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Eternor
Super Peasant
Super Peasant

Unread postby Eternor » 30 Aug 2006, 19:22

Those are not the regular Haven units, but Renegades.

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 30 Aug 2006, 19:24

the grounbraking thing?

i think theres also a new spell in that picture. i deffinetly dont remember anything like that in any of my games. actually that looks exactly like the priests attack only less blue. maybe its the guys normanl attack?
Last edited by soupnazii on 30 Aug 2006, 19:47, edited 2 times in total.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 30 Aug 2006, 19:33

I thought the new thing was the runic magic which 'has never been done before' is a concept 'new to heroes'.

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 30 Aug 2006, 19:37

no, the grounbraking thing is supposed to unannounced right now.

Eternor
Super Peasant
Super Peasant

Unread postby Eternor » 30 Aug 2006, 19:42

Renegades are part of the Campaign. They are group of citizens, that split from Holy Griffin empire to fight against the demon onslaught even more ferociously. They are generaly stronger than standart Humans and can only be recruited at their dwelling on the adventure map.

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 30 Aug 2006, 19:44

is that something i was supposed to know? cause i have never heard of them until now...

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 30 Aug 2006, 19:44

No, that's not right.

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 30 Aug 2006, 19:46

maybe all of the town will be divided in to 2 faction , one good and one evil ... wait , good demons ... ok nevermind

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 30 Aug 2006, 19:49

Kilop wrote:maybe all of the town will be divided in to 2 faction , one good and one evil ... wait , good demons ... ok nevermind
think agrael, or grealer, or arglear or whatever his names is today...

Eternor
Super Peasant
Super Peasant

Unread postby Eternor » 30 Aug 2006, 19:49

Jolly Joker wrote:No, that's not right.
Well, then who are they? From all the information, that I have seen about them, it seems that they are independent militia for dealing with the invasion of demons.

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 30 Aug 2006, 19:50

what information? link me? or do you have access to inside info like JJ?

Eternor
Super Peasant
Super Peasant

Unread postby Eternor » 30 Aug 2006, 19:57

The map editor, the article from Russian magazine, that initialy annouced the expansion, some forums and web pages. For example, this one: http://www.ag.ru/news/30-08-2006#16463.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 Aug 2006, 20:10

That drake(yes,drake,not a dragon)sure is ugly :ill: I love the dwarves though.And as for the renegades,it might just be a different skin,but the abilities dont have to differ.And I hope they dont put that dumb helmet on inquisitors in the last moment again :disagree:
Last edited by DaemianLucifer on 30 Aug 2006, 20:14, edited 1 time in total.

Meandor
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Meandor » 30 Aug 2006, 20:13

Your point being?All 5 are white males with different equipment.So how does that make them unique?
Unique among other races. All other races back in the day had various creatures. Thing that Haven had only(or majority) humans made them unique from other towns in H1-H4.
So,if someone says 5 dwarves you automatically asume all 5 are of the same race of dwarves,but 7 demons,hey each is unique and different from the other?
Look at those renders of dwarves, then look at imp and at pit lord :)
No,not humanoids,but humans.Check the ears on the corpses:None of them is elven.Check the legs and heads:None of them is demonic.Check their height:None of them is dwarven.They are all human corpses.Even though it says that necros raise all of their fallen enemies,the units are all depicted as humans.I repeatedly suggested how it would be much better if we had,for example,elven vampires,dwarven zombies,succubi liches,etc.But for now,they are all just human corpses,human skeletons and human spirits.
That would be too much work and hard to do, we would have 7 stacks of different zombies?
Lore wise it`s clear, necros are raising anything that was moving and now isn`t moving.

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 30 Aug 2006, 20:13

nmaybe the unupgraded is ugly, but the upgraded looks pretty nice i think. and while the abilities may be the same, that doesnt mean the cant be stronger overall. and would these renegades be just for haven, or for all races? cause that would make the game very interesting.

Paradox
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Paradox » 30 Aug 2006, 20:17

so theyre announcing the groundbreaking thing now or what?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 Aug 2006, 20:21

Meandor wrote: Look at those renders of dwarves, then look at imp and at pit lord :)
So?Put a black guy and a white guy next to each other.They differ only by skin colour(externally).These dwarves differ a lot in size.Even more so,put an elf next to a human in this game.Aside from ears theres not much difference(except for pixies).
Meandor wrote: That would be too much work and hard to do, we would have 7 stacks of different zombies?
Lore wise it`s clear, necros are raising anything that was moving and now isn`t moving.
No,you missunderstood.I meant make,for example,vampires look like they were made from elves(give them the ears,make them slimmer,with that long hair,etc),make the zombies look like dwarves(make them smaller and fatter),make liches look like demons(give them horns),etc.Not making different zombie stack for each race,but make zombies differ from vampires(both human corpses).Manes could be three different ghosts,not just three human spirits.
Paradox wrote:so theyre announcing the groundbreaking thing now or what?
Or what :devil:

Paradox
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Paradox » 30 Aug 2006, 20:25

oh i misread soupnazi's post, i thought he said it was going to be announced right now but said unanounced

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 Aug 2006, 20:29

Paradox,you knew the lineup way before it got released,dont fake now like you dont know what the new awesome thing really is :devious: Come on,be a chum and whisper it on my PM if you cannot "accidentally" say it in public :devious: :D

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 30 Aug 2006, 20:41

Paradox wrote:oh i misread soupnazi's post, i thought he said it was going to be announced right now but said unanounced
sorry left out a word.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”