Expansion HOMM 5

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 29 Aug 2006, 17:10

Eternor wrote:Some sonceptart: http://www.nival.com/skin/homm5/fon_pages.jpg
theres a bear in that picture.

i would have liked to see some sort of a crystal dragon. it could be the upgrade of the red dragon (not made of crytal like H3, and crystalized scales). it would be a walker, no breath attack, but on the other hand it would be very very powerful compared to other dragons.

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 29 Aug 2006, 18:16

Since dwarfs workship the Drogon of Fire , I would find it really cool some Fire Dragon in the ice town, that would solve the eternal question of where do dwarf find consumable to cook their morning bacon...
But seriously i d expect some lore change, after all since the lore is not that build up already, that would not hurt it alot :tired:

magerette
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby magerette » 29 Aug 2006, 18:47

Jolly Joker wrote:Okay, some more info about the Dwarven Town:

...Rune Magic has no spells, but Runes which don't need Mana, but Ore/Wood to be activated. Runes are basically more creature abilities than spells in the strictest sense, albeit there are things that could be described as spell effects. However, those Rune effects cannot be dispelled, of course.
This sounds to me a little like the Academy special ability--Artificer--that lets you up the stats on your units with the artfacts you crafted using various resources. ( :sceptic: I was a little disappointed in the HV Academy campaign that you never really got much of a chance to play with this skill, since you never had an Academy town after mission 2.)

And what is this universal scorn for the mighty dragon? What else is more supremely intimidating... well, a real, true dragon,that is-- not a puny underpowered lvl7 with the ability to be chewed to shreds by an anemic poodle...

Tysar
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Tysar » 29 Aug 2006, 18:47

The lore is already written, they just didn't bother putting it up on the site yet. You expect them to erase the elemental dragon of fire from history just so there isnt another dragon unit? Or perphaps make the dwarves dragonless and wild like the orcs and make the dragon of fire be worshipped by some random lower race? That sort of retconning happens a lot in the warcraft universe and it does hurt it.

btw. do we even know what kind of a dragon it is? It could be a mechanical one like in HoMM 4 academy (although i'd hope it'd look beter this time...)

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 29 Aug 2006, 18:58

First I must say i dont agrea about the hurt lore changes made to the Warcraft universe ... It was sucky since the beginnig :D
But then they could just make the dwarf workship a water dragon ( you now, ice is just cold water ;) ) or air or i don t know but for me , and i am fully aware this is just a strictly personnal opinin ... fire is the right oposite of ice so ...
anyway, maybe a half fire half iced dragon , or just the plain smoking heart of the mountain , not to quote WoW again ;|

Warlock
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Warlock » 29 Aug 2006, 19:24

Kilop wrote:First I must say i dont agrea about the hurt lore changes made to the Warcraft universe ... It was sucky since the beginnig :D
But then they could just make the dwarf workship a water dragon ( you now, ice is just cold water ;) ) or air or i don t know but for me , and i am fully aware this is just a strictly personnal opinin ... fire is the right oposite of ice so ...
anyway, maybe a half fire half iced dragon , or just the plain smoking heart of the mountain , not to quote WoW again ;|
Saying Warcraft has sucky lore invalidates your opinion entirely :P

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 29 Aug 2006, 19:36

remember : medivh was killed by a bunch of people...
my opinion is valuable :tonguehands:
back to the subject now...
i like this idea of a new lore since the old one was a bit too chaotic, but i hope they don t mess with it, it exist for a purpose ( i.e i dislike warhammer 40k idea to make humans workship a C tan since they are now non credible )

Warlock
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Warlock » 29 Aug 2006, 19:40

Kilop wrote:remember : medivh was killed by a bunch of people...
my opinion is valuable :tonguehands:
back to the subject now...
i like this idea of a new lore since the old one was a bit too chaotic, but i hope they don t mess with it, it exist for a purpose ( i.e i dislike warhammer 40k idea to make humans workship a C tan since they are now non credible )
What does that even mean?

Paradox
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Paradox » 29 Aug 2006, 19:55

Tysar wrote:The lore is already written, they just didn't bother putting it up on the site yet. You expect them to erase the elemental dragon of fire from history just so there isnt another dragon unit? Or perphaps make the dwarves dragonless and wild like the orcs and make the dragon of fire be worshipped by some random lower race? That sort of retconning happens a lot in the warcraft universe and it does hurt it.

btw. do we even know what kind of a dragon it is? It could be a mechanical one like in HoMM 4 academy (although i'd hope it'd look beter this time...)
Level 1: Defender (Enraged Armored, Large Shield)
Upg: Stout Defender (Shield Wall)

Level 2: Axe Fighter (Wound)
Upg: Axe Thrower (Shooter, No Melee Penalty)

Level 3: Bear Rider (Large, Enraged)
Upg: Blackbear Rider (Armored, Paw Strike)

Level 4: Brawler (Immunity to Mind Control)
Upg: Berserker (Berserker Rage)

Level 5: Fire Mage (Shooter. Caster. Magic-proof. Mark of Fire).
Upg: Flame Mage (Crossfire)

Level 6: Thane (Large. Teleport. Stormstrike. Immunity to Lightning).
Upg: Stormlord ((Stormbolt)

Level 7: Lava Dragon ( Fire Breath. Fire Shield. Elemental. Immunity to Fire.)
Upg: Magma Dragon (Magma Shield instead of Fire Shield)

I think dwarves might be my new favourite race...

Warlock
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Warlock » 29 Aug 2006, 20:06

Paradox wrote:
Tysar wrote:The lore is already written, they just didn't bother putting it up on the site yet. You expect them to erase the elemental dragon of fire from history just so there isnt another dragon unit? Or perphaps make the dwarves dragonless and wild like the orcs and make the dragon of fire be worshipped by some random lower race? That sort of retconning happens a lot in the warcraft universe and it does hurt it.

Level 1: Defender (Enraged Armored, Large Shield)
Upg: Stout Defender (Shield Wall)

Level 2: Axe Fighter (Wound)
Upg: Axe Thrower (Shooter, No Melee Penalty)

Level 3: Bear Rider (Large, Enraged)
Upg: Blackbear Rider (Armored, Paw Strike)

Level 4: Brawler (Immunity to Mind Control)
Upg: Berserker (Berserker Rage)

Level 5: Fire Mage (Shooter. Caster. Magic-proof. Mark of Fire).
Upg: Flame Mage (Crossfire)

Level 6: Thane (Large. Teleport. Stormstrike. Immunity to Lightning).
Upg: Stormlord ((Stormbolt)

Level 7: Lava Dragon ( Fire Breath. Fire Shield. Elemental. Immunity to Fire.)
Upg: Magma Dragon (Magma Shield instead of Fire Shield)

I think dwarves might be my new favourite race...
Someone posted something slightly different in the official forums, but it was very, very close (it sounded like the same units, but the names were slightly different). Could just be they translated it from that magazine so the names were off. But for example, Fire Mage was "Rune Mage", etc.

Edit: This is what was posted:
Axe_Fighter
Axe_Thrower
Bear_Rider
Berserker
Blackbear_Rider
Brawler
Defender
Fire_Dragon
Flame_Mage
Magma_Dragon
Rune_Mage
Stout_Defender
Thane
Warlord

Tysar
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Tysar » 29 Aug 2006, 20:21

that sounds like a cool lineup, can't wait to see some of the models... and another dragon won't hurt I guess. It would be too much if they made a "water dragon" for the Naga town, but I thikn they'll rather add a Kraken or something like that for them as a lvl. 7 unit.

Warlock
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Warlock » 29 Aug 2006, 20:33

Heh, Hydra would have worked good for a naga town, but it's a bit too late for that now :P

I'll be disappointed if they don't do orcs eventually though. I think this will be the only HoMM without them :(

Paradox
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Paradox » 29 Aug 2006, 20:44

to make the game perfect for me (aside from the obvious things like bugs and balance issues) a lizardmen and orc town would be perfect

Meandor
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Meandor » 29 Aug 2006, 21:04

The lore is already written, they just didn't bother putting it up on the site yet. You expect them to erase the elemental dragon of fire from history just so there isnt another dragon unit? Or perphaps make the dwarves dragonless and wild like the orcs and make the dragon of fire be worshipped by some random lower race? That sort of retconning happens a lot in the warcraft universe and it does hurt it.
If full lore is aviable only to developers then they can change it.
Races aren`t worshipinig dragons, they worship dragon gods. These dragon gods can be even elves or orcs or <insert your race here>, dragon god is more like status- one wizard upon achieving great powers was named 7th dragon god. So it isn`t neccesary that tier 7 must be dragon.
That means that warcraft story sucks, old heroes story was too chaotic and new one shouldn`t have contradictions.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 29 Aug 2006, 21:33

Meandor wrote: If full lore is aviable only to developers then they can change it.
Races aren`t worshipinig dragons, they worship dragon gods. These dragon gods can be even elves or orcs or <insert your race here>, dragon god is more like status- one wizard upon achieving great powers was named 7th dragon god. So it isn`t neccesary that tier 7 must be dragon.
Dragon gods are beings that we can't understand. It would be too much like D&D for theme to be human-like.
That means that warcraft story sucks, old heroes story was too chaotic and new one shouldn`t have contradictions.
Warcraft lore is great. Old hero lore is original and new story has potential.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Warlock
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Warlock » 29 Aug 2006, 21:36

Meandor wrote:
If full lore is aviable only to developers then they can change it.
First off, since when was the lore only available to the developers? Did someone sneak into their offices and "leak" the story? They've already given us the story. And the Dwarves worship the Dragon of Fire. Why should they change that "because some people don't like Fire Dragons". That's idiotic.

Secondly, regarding the "dragon gods can be any race" comment, no they can't. Dragon Gods are dragons. That one wizard is the exception and he's only *called* that because he was so powerful. He wasn't actually a dragon god.
First off, that wasn't even the question. What he said made no sense. Secondly, what you said makes no sense either ("old heroes story was too chaotic"?)

Meandor
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Meandor » 29 Aug 2006, 22:09

First off, since when was the lore only available to the developers? Did someone sneak into their offices and "leak" the story? They've already given us the story. And the Dwarves worship the Dragon of Fire. Why should they change that "because some people don't like Fire Dragons". That's idiotic.
First of all, my comment about changing the lore has nothing to do with dwarves. That was more general comment about changing lore.

About dragons, probably you are right.
"old heroes story was too chaotic"?
Old heroes- H1-H4
Chaotic- worlds going *boom* and so on.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 29 Aug 2006, 22:34

So Paradox was right the first time?Seems like theres a new leaker here :D
Jolly Joker wrote:Difficult to answer.
My personal opinion is, that the ANIMATIONS of the cutscenes are crap. I don't mean the REAL cutscenes where people actually move and such. I mean these strange wavering animations with lots of panning and spell effects and big gestures. All that stuff draws things out and is not really that great to look at. I would prefer unmoving backgrounds mith a little narrated text linking dialogues and so on if those real movie scenes are too expensive to do, which seems to be the case.
Clearly, for me this is hurting the actual story.
You actually hate something in this game? 8| Wow!
Jolly Joker wrote: Seeing the story and only the story, I think that it has some rather cool dialogues. Very black humor, very dark. Very evil. The story in itself continues the main game story and does it very well, I think.
However, I believe that the way the story is told won't be changed.
So everything that the original lacked?Thats good to know.

*sigh*A new dragon.Bleh!Lets see,original level 7s for dwarves:Mamooths,giants,probably even behemots,rocs,etc.But no,it has to be a dragon :ill:

I like the bear rider and especially thane,though.And the fact that its w=dwarves :D

Eternor
Super Peasant
Super Peasant

Unread postby Eternor » 29 Aug 2006, 23:07

I adjusted the levels for the background from Nival's site, it is now a little easier to see the details. Sorry about the quality, the original image was extreemely compressed.

Paradox
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Paradox » 29 Aug 2006, 23:30

whats that thing at the top-middle with a katar?

Return to “Heroes V-VI”