The Round Table Championship (season 1)

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 24 Aug 2006, 22:00

It was always our intention to trail at the half,thus making lovers of gravy's ultimate defeat even more humiliating :devil:

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 24 Aug 2006, 22:04

Well after that result, I've figured out one important thing about our friend Kalah....

He must be a fungus.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 24 Aug 2006, 22:32

We survived the first round!

Any advancements from here on in is just gravy for us!
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 24 Aug 2006, 23:33

delicious gravy ... with some cheesy potato :-D
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 25 Aug 2006, 23:25

Quarter Finals, leg 2

EenKredible Allstahs - Nukular Turbo Toasters 5-2 (dice show 6-2) [agg. 7-5]
Assassins - Skulls 6-5 (dice show 6-6) [agg. 10-6]
Gravyluvn CheesePotatoes - Hell Chargers 6-1 (dice show 5-1) [agg. 11-4]
Fungicides - Great Summoners 2-6 [agg. 7-8]

Our expert says:
- Despite a valiant effort by the away team's hard-working midfielders, the effective Allstahs strikers pummeled their helpless defence to produce a result that would take them to the semi finals. The result didn't flatter the home team, as they completely dominated the match from start to finish.
- Exciting, this one! Though the aggregate result was fairly clear, the game itself went back an forth. Lots of chances and lots of goals; the only thing keeping the Assassins ahead was the domination of the midfield.
- The CeesePotatoes had the Chargers on the run in the first leg, and even more so in the second. Seldom has the home fans have such an easy time of ridiculing the opposition; the away team's fans left the stadium half-way through the second half, perhaps feeling a bit sick of the "you suck" shouts.
- And the Summoners were not dead after all! Drawing 1-1 with half an hour left to go, the home fans started singing victory anthems, when the Summoner's coach stood up from the bench, holding two fingers into the air. "That's two championships we've won so far.", the coach explained later. And within 30 minutes, the score was 1-5. In overtime, a sixth was scored, and Kalah decided to concede a penalty "just for fun", as he called it. That second goal was little consolation to the home fans, who had gone from ecstasy to bottomless despair in just under thirty minutes.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Aug 2006, 23:33

I'm starting to doubt the wisdom of allowing the guy that runs the game to play it.

Oh well, at least defeating me was for naught.... :devil:
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 25 Aug 2006, 23:34

Hey, don't blame me - blame the dice. And the fact that I needed at least 16 teams...
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Aug 2006, 23:41

Kalah wrote:Hey, don't blame me - blame the dice.
I'm sorry, but if i don't blame you i'll have to blame GC, and that seems like kinda of a strech. ;| :devil:

So, no announcement of who goes to the next round for those of us that are too lazy to read all the scores?
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 25 Aug 2006, 23:45

The draw will be made soon™.

[T]osHiro
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby [T]osHiro » 26 Aug 2006, 01:18

Whoo-hooo...Celebration time!! Drinks all around, even to those who suffered a painful defeat.. :D :-D :hoo:
Round Table Olympics '07 Image

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 26 Aug 2006, 09:11

ThunderTitan wrote:I'm starting to doubt the wisdom of allowing the guy that runs the game to play it.
Starting to?A bit slow,arent we :D
Kalah wrote:Hey, don't blame me - blame the dice. And the fact that I needed at least 16 teams...
Riiiiiight :devious:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 Aug 2006, 10:23

DaemianLucifer wrote: Starting to?A bit slow,arent we :D
What, i like taking things nice and slow. I am the turtle, mister hare.

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 27 Aug 2006, 14:23

We now interrupt the talking heads debate to go to the Silver Ladel, where the Gravyluvn CheesPotatoes are having a barbecue for all of the fans. Spud and Chip (the "common taters") are once again standing by...

Greetings barbecue sports fans... I'm Spud Starchsky!

And I'm Chip Dipper. Welcome to the first annual "To Hell with the HellHounds Barbecue!"

Spud: These fans really have no idea what they are eating do they?

Chip: That's right Spud! Looks like they are starting with some appetizers. As you can see, we have DaemianLucifered Eggs, Fried Houndpuppies, and Cheese Dip! Then we move into the main course, which of course is barbecued HellHound.

Spud: Wow. Are there enough fans here? Look at how much barbecue hellhound there is. They really did barbecue a lot of hellhound now didn't they?

Chip: Yes they did! Before we meet the team, I'd just like point out the rest of the meal. Served with the succulent hellhound will be Gravyluvn CheesePotato Salad, and crackers - crackers?

Spud: Remember that wimfrits is playing on this team from the Norwegian Blues!

Chip: Where is Norwegia?

Spud: Not sure! But here comes the team! Can you hear all those cheers? What a fan base. And they - are - whistling?!?

Chip: That's right spud. Ever since that new firecracker Milla a.k.a. the DL Slayer has joined the team a lot of well trained whistlers (mostly from construction sites) have started hanging out at home games with binoculars.

Spud: That's pretty ick! Well here come the Burnanam twins, Uraram and Tururam. The crowd goes wild. Look at this... Pol and Fyl are crowd surfing into the stadium and Sir William S. Titan gets an ovation.

Chip: Caradoc and Echo_, true fans favorites are making their way into the stadium, coming off an excellent outing last game.

Spud: Orfinn just landed a parachute jump into the stadium! Now it's raining roses! Milla has thousands of petals at her feet as she enters the main gate.

Chip: And now a Jimmy Buffet tune is blaring as everyone just became a drunk Parrot-head! It's wimfrits!

Spud: And here comes Gravyluvr himself who blasted two straight hat tricks against the Hellhounds!

Chip: Now that every one's here... Let's eat!
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 27 Aug 2006, 14:51

gravyluvr wrote: Chip: That's right Spud! Looks like they are starting with some appetizers. As you can see, we have DaemianLucifered Eggs, Fried Houndpuppies, and Cheese Dip! Then we move into the main course, which of course is barbecued HellHound.
Suck on my chocolate salty horse balls :devil:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 27 Aug 2006, 14:56

Semi Final Draw:

Assassins - Gravyluvn CheesePotatoes
Great Summoners - EenKredible Allstahs

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 27 Aug 2006, 17:32

Wow, this sure is exciting and Gravyluvr: what a narrator and commentator you are :tsup:
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 27 Aug 2006, 18:47

DaemianLucifer wrote: Suck on my chocolate salty horse balls :devil:
Shouldn't the bolded part actualy be Chargers?

And K., why are there so many draws? Whouldn't it have bee easier to just make a chart thingy?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 27 Aug 2006, 21:44

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote:Wow, this sure is exciting and Gravyluvr: what a narrator and commentator you are :tsup:
Yeah,he even makes Kalah seem like a blabbering mental patient :devious:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 27 Aug 2006, 22:00

DaemianLucifer wrote: Yeah,he even makes Kalah seem like a blabbering mental patient :devious:
You mean he doesn't sound like that to you normaly?! :|

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 28 Aug 2006, 00:47

well done gravyluvr, c'arn the assassins!!!
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Return to “Campfire”