out...1.2 is out...

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

LordErtz
Demon
Demon

Unread postby LordErtz » 20 Jul 2006, 15:31

Use the autoupdater, so easy :)

VortexD
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby VortexD » 20 Jul 2006, 15:48

Wow, ten different v1.2 patches for ten different Heroes V's, must take some time to get all those files done and translated, no wonder it took a while.
When someone asks whether your glass is half full or half empty, always say your glass is entirely full. The actual contents of the glass is not relevant.

Nebs
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nebs » 20 Jul 2006, 15:52

Yeah, autoupdater works nice, automatically downloads your version.

Dark Matter
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dark Matter » 20 Jul 2006, 16:20

Anyone please post the patchlog. :S
--Under constuction--

LordErtz
Demon
Demon

Unread postby LordErtz » 20 Jul 2006, 16:22

viewtopic.php?t=3078&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Patchlog here

It doesnt list the "minor bugs" so we have no clue what they are.

Nebs
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nebs » 20 Jul 2006, 16:26

Lol, can't play campaigns. Got options to play Standard or Duel mode...and none of them do anything. :D

TomVenom
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby TomVenom » 20 Jul 2006, 18:30

hmmmm ...

I just patched my game. And, first solo single mission, day 2, first fight : big crash of the game ... :| :| :|

what the hell ????

omegaweix
Scout
Scout

Unread postby omegaweix » 20 Jul 2006, 22:11

Well, my 1.2 experiences!

*Amount of damage from Destructive spells in in the spellbook is no longer visible... i have to select the spell and hold the cursor above the target to view the damage inflicted.... a bug or is this supposed to do so?

*Sometimes weirdest cursor behaviour in battles, especially for "move-and-attack" actions... not always but quite often! Switched to HW cursor but that wasn't the problem.... all worked fine before 1.2!
Can't play properly at all until i get this solved :wall:

*Oh yes and the "special hero aura" is no longer selectable ingame, only in main menu... but i don't care for that one!

I have got the european collectors edition and i'm sure i installed the right patch..... did anyone encounter similar problems???

*Tried Duel via hotseat..... some Heroe's seem to be vastly imbalanced.... never managed to win against Sinitar for example... but that could be just me ;-) !

Was quite happy with patch 1.1... but if i can't get point 1 and 2 fixed soon, i'll go completly mahaaaaaad!!!

EDIT:
After a little research on the web, the "no-enhanced-spell-description" is an issue in some german versions.
My assumption is, that this is only with the german CE.... anyone who may confirm that?
Last edited by omegaweix on 21 Jul 2006, 11:47, edited 1 time in total.
plastic people

silicone

never let them in your home

LordErtz
Demon
Demon

Unread postby LordErtz » 20 Jul 2006, 23:08

In the middle of War of the Worlds and randomly on the blue players turn it stops in the middle and the game "freezes" By freezes I mean every other second the animations go and the cursor is stuck. The blue player never finishes his turn....horrible.

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 20 Jul 2006, 23:27

Well I'm not one bit more lucky then either of you....I get "unexcpected errors" and BSOD! Even restarted the map through "Campaign -- Ranger -- The Defence but nooo still it crashes. I can't even get through the first friggin battle on that map!

Trevan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Trevan » 20 Jul 2006, 23:31

I can see the damage for spells in the spell book just fine. In fact all the spells have far more information in them than before.

And if no one knows already:

Master Gremlins repair only once now.

Multiple castings of summon elementals don't stack anymore. It kills off the old stack and replaces it with a new one.

The ATB bar is updated as soon as you give orders to the current unit. While it doesn't tell how much damage or kills you do instantly, it does update immediately when a stack dies. After playing 1.1 for a while, it seems...weird. It's actually very disorienting.

The battle camera seems to mess up. Everytime it zooms in for a melee exchange, it's focused slightly behind the defending creature.

Everytime the First Aid tent heals, it calls it a Plague Tent causing damage to your units. Even though it heals.

I really like the new information on all the spells though. Tells how many elementals in a summon, how much slow does, how much defense vulnerability drops by, etc.
Last edited by Trevan on 20 Jul 2006, 23:33, edited 2 times in total.

LordErtz
Demon
Demon

Unread postby LordErtz » 20 Jul 2006, 23:34

I didn't know that you couldn't stack elementals anymore...ugh why the hell did they not put these things in the changelog...bunch of f'ing noobcakes. Let's put all the map balancing things in the log but nothing important.

VortexD
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby VortexD » 20 Jul 2006, 23:38

Sounds like all hell has broken loose after you guys installed the patch. Luckily (for me) I haven't done that yet, maybe I should wait for the v1.3 patch to fix the issues caused by the v1.2 patch. Dammit Nival, why?
When someone asks whether your glass is half full or half empty, always say your glass is entirely full. The actual contents of the glass is not relevant.

Trevan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Trevan » 20 Jul 2006, 23:43

LordErtz wrote:I didn't know that you couldn't stack elementals anymore...ugh why the hell did they not put these things in the changelog...bunch of f'ing noobcakes. Let's put all the map balancing things in the log but nothing important.
Yeah, really messes up Summon Elemental in my opinion. Summoning giant stacks of elementals is powerful, yes, but at the same time there are so many other good options out there too. Raise dead, mass haste, etc. I didn't find it that unbalancing. Especially since the moment you lose your real units, you lose the battle anyway, even if you had 9k elementals.

Also found out everytime I killed the old stack with the summon spell, Naadir would summon ghosts out of it.

Nebs
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nebs » 20 Jul 2006, 23:49

One possible bug.

Blood Witches and Furies sometime don't retreat after hitting.

LordErtz
Demon
Demon

Unread postby LordErtz » 20 Jul 2006, 23:51

Nebs wrote:One possible bug.

Are you referring to when they stop in front of their target but don't attack? That is a well known AI bug.

If they've attacked and not retreated, I've never heard of that.

Trevan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Trevan » 20 Jul 2006, 23:54

Nebs wrote:One possible bug.

I knew I wasn't seeing things. Only saw this once though.

Amending my previous statement about the camera though. It seemed only to mess up on my vampires in the campaign, but was functioning just fine when I was testing the Blood Furies thing (I didn't see them not retreat again. But I could have sworn I saw it once though)

Trevan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Trevan » 21 Jul 2006, 00:01

Figured it out.

Ctrl Attack works with blood furies. Basically you can attack and then stand next to them. I think the AI is messing up by choosing that option though.

LordErtz
Demon
Demon

Unread postby LordErtz » 21 Jul 2006, 00:05

Trevan wrote:Figured it out.

Ctrl Attack works with blood furies. Basically you can attack and then stand next to them. I think the AI is messing up by choosing that option though.
Finally that option is in place...I asked about that earlier but it seems now we can do that.

Sometimes the AI will do that onto a ranged unit to it can't fire, good tactics :) Sometimes it's stupid and will do that next to a melee creature...

Return to “Heroes V-VI”