New Column: Might and Milla

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Might and Milla

Unread postby Kristo » 19 Jul 2006, 18:27

VortexD wrote:Next thing you know we'll also have the Celestial Heavens site in a pink (I know not all girls like pink) and a bikini section, juse before NEWS. :-)
Believe it or not, that used to be true (about six or seven years ago). At that time, the site was called Celestial Heavens Unleashed (this was before Angelspit took over). On slow news days, the webmaster would post a picture of an attractive bikini-clad female.

VortexD
Peasant
Peasant

Might and Milla

Unread postby VortexD » 19 Jul 2006, 18:31

Slow days ehh? I think we should stop coming to CH for about a week, see what Angelspit has done to spice things up.
When someone asks whether your glass is half full or half empty, always say your glass is entirely full. The actual contents of the glass is not relevant.

Derek
War Dancer
War Dancer

Might and Milla

Unread postby Derek » 19 Jul 2006, 18:31

Frankly, I rarely find girls that don't like playing videogames. Go figure I guess.

Some good games that feature female characters in non-offensive ways, and for that matter they don't insult people based off of stereotypes and the like(no silicon), I'd say the first two Silent Hill games do a good job at this. Sure, I've mentioned them before, but they are for the computer after all.
Hell has frozen over...

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Might and Milla

Unread postby Angelspit » 19 Jul 2006, 18:38

Admit you couldn't stay away for a whole week, Vortex. :P
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

VortexD
Peasant
Peasant

Might and Milla

Unread postby VortexD » 19 Jul 2006, 18:40

Dammit, you knew I'd be back tomorrow for the new patch!
When someone asks whether your glass is half full or half empty, always say your glass is entirely full. The actual contents of the glass is not relevant.

ozzlander
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Might and Milla

Unread postby ozzlander » 19 Jul 2006, 18:46

Fellow "Girl" gamer here! (Actually I'm 34 and have been playing since the days of Astroids and Space Invaders on the Atari 2600)

I know quite a few people are blown away by the fact that I love video games. Co-workers think it is odd that I can come into work after 2 hours of sleep because I got into a scenario on the computer. My boss laughs at me (nicely) because he know my other hobbies and says he has a mental picture of me at home, playing computer games while knitting, contemplating my stock investments, and listening to Godsmack. What can I say, I'm guess I'm fairly unique!

My husband has learned to cope with my addiction, and my children (ages 8 and 11) have picked it up (so much in fact, that I have to fight them for the computer, their current favorites: Oblivian and Age of Empires III). My 3 year old daughter is always wanting to play "Monsters" (HOMMV) or "Peoples" (Age of Empires III). Our family game night is spent on the PS2 playing Guantlet, Tekken Tag, or X-men.

As I say to people that look at me odd when I am discussing a game, sci-fi/fantasy novel, or trippy TV show I love, "I'm a nerd. I revel in my nerdom. Deal with it" Oddly enough, the younger co-workers and my younger brothers' friends just think I'm the coolest.

VortexD
Peasant
Peasant

Might and Milla

Unread postby VortexD » 19 Jul 2006, 18:51

Wow, and me thinking that playing Heroes hot-seat with my three younger brothers once for 26 hours staight back in 1996 was being a die-hard gamer.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 19 Jul 2006, 18:56

Nice to meet you ozzlander :-D

It's good to hear that your entire family is involved in playing games. As I said it can be a great social activity :)
And even though the experts say that those kinds of games can make children violent in the future, there's no reason to believe so :D
I think it can actually be very educational.
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

DeathsHand
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Might and Milla

Unread postby DeathsHand » 19 Jul 2006, 19:01

I don't know exactly what it is but most of the female gamers i have met prefer FPS. Maybe thats is like Milla said is because you can jump at it for an hour or two and get enjoyment out of it. It is saddening however i haven't personally met a female who plays HOMM.

ozzlander
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Might and Milla

Unread postby ozzlander » 19 Jul 2006, 19:08

Little side note while I'm thinking of it:

In my previous post I mentioned stock investments. Here are the 4 of the best stocks I've bought (and made some good money off of):

Nvidia (I had a 160% return on investment on this one)

Activision

EA Games

Marvel

Anyway, goes to show that knowing something about video games, what's hot, and whose the best does have some applications in the "real world"

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 19 Jul 2006, 19:09

@DeathsHand: I think there are plenty of them. You just have to lure them out ;) If girls can't even confess to their girlfriends that they play HOMM then how would they be able to confess such a thing to a man... ;|
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

VortexD
Peasant
Peasant

Might and Milla

Unread postby VortexD » 19 Jul 2006, 19:13

I would've thought confessing to a man would be easier then a girlfriend since more guys are into games anyway. And guys dig chicks that play games. Why do you there are already over 30 posts on this news item?

DeathsHand
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Might and Milla

Unread postby DeathsHand » 19 Jul 2006, 19:19

True enough, but no matter which they prefer i still game with them. Being bigger into FPS myself, although i did get at least half of my clan to fall in love with the HOMM series by getting they to try WOG. Now they own copies of HOMM V. :P The one thing that draws me to back to the HOMM series is the great social component it has. Everyone hops on ventrillo for some fun and laughs, and hotseat itself has a special place in my heart for my buddies back home. Alas, i spend too much time working and not enough time gaming. I've rambled enough, its nice to "meet" a girl who is passionate about gaming.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 19 Jul 2006, 19:20

VortexD wrote:I would've thought confessing to a man would be easier then a girlfriend since more guys are into games anyway. And guys dig chicks that play games. Why do you there are already over 30 posts on this news item?
Uhm, I'm confused as to what you asked and whether it was a question for me? :|
- Dragon Age Origins

DeathsHand
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Might and Milla

Unread postby DeathsHand » 19 Jul 2006, 19:22

I think there are more than 30 posts because this acts more like a chat board than a comment section.

VortexD
Peasant
Peasant

Might and Milla

Unread postby VortexD » 19 Jul 2006, 19:25

@DeathsHand; Good Point.

@Milla; I missed a word in that post it should have been; Why do you think there are already over 30 posts on this news item? And this was a retorical question, sort of...

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Might and Milla

Unread postby Campaigner » 19 Jul 2006, 19:26

Milla wrote:We were disappointed to see such great features as the caravan or the creatures being able to move around the adventure map on their own, missing. I’ve heard a lot of the forum members here on CelestialHeavens.com say the same and it’s sad to see beloved features that had gotten great response from the fans being left out of the game.

What?? Ehrm! Bad woman! Bad! :evil smiley: Caravan isn't that good and creatures should NOT be able to move on their own. Now, with that taken care of....

someone wrote:Believe it or not, that used to be true (about six or seven years ago). At that time, the site was called Celestial Heavens Unleashed (this was before Angelspit took over). On slow news days, the webmaster would post a picture of an attractive bikini-clad female.

You know, it's VERY bad to break a good tradition! :mad:

Ozzlander: I knew there was other women hiding in here! Hehe funny (but true) descriptions. "Monsters". "Peoples".

Milla: So....You good at Quake III & IV? (worst pickup line ever....)

Fixed the borked quotes... just because I can :)
Edited on Wed, Jul 19 2006, 15:03 by Campaigner

VortexD
Peasant
Peasant

Might and Milla

Unread postby VortexD » 19 Jul 2006, 19:33

Hey Girl, is it me or did the room start to Quake when you came in? How is that for a bad pick up line?

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 19 Jul 2006, 20:04

VortexD wrote:Hey Girl, is it me or did the room start to Quake when you came in? How is that for a bad pick up line?
Hehe that one was good :lolu: although it would never work.

@Campaigner: I've played Quake I,II and III but never four. It's a good game but it's not even near as good as UT. I'm decent at playing it because of the similarities with UT but really I had forgotten I even owned the game... :D

The Caravan was that good IMO. Disagree if you like but it's really REALLY useful :) Besides you give no arguements to support your accusations so it's kinda hard to counter your post :|

Btw: I didn't write that last quote there.

@Vortex: I know now when you said the correct sentence and you're totally right ;)
- Dragon Age Origins

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 19 Jul 2006, 20:06

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote: Btw: I didn't write that last quote there.
My bad, I filled in names in the quotes to make them work but did sloppy work.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Return to “Articles”