More Heroes Downloads

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

More Heroes Downloads

Unread postby Angelspit » 08 Jul 2006, 15:39

It's time to catch up on the files that were sent to Celestial Heavens recently. Here we go:

<ul>

<li><a href="/https://www.celestialheavens.com/featur ... stmaps/Are you a real hero.zip">Are you a real hero?</a> If you feel like answering the question, you can help test a new Heroes IV campaign by Akorg. It's a series of five small or medium Winds of War maps that are aimed at the expert players only. Without much plot or pretty visuals, the map is all about skills and tactics. The author warns you that you might need his help to complete the scenario.

<li>We received a <a href="/https://www.celestialheavens.com/homm5/mods/Heroes V Winamp Skin.zip">Heroes V Winamp Skin</a> from Lupu Mihai. From what I could see, since I don't use Winamp anymore, it was built from the Olivier Ledroit artwork.

<li>In case you should experience some problems with your save games, you can download <a href="/viewtopic.php?t=2934&highlight=">Nebs' saves</a> at the Round Table. They will allow you to play or replay any campaign. Obviously, playing all campaigns in order is strongly recommended if you want to enjoy, and understand, the plot.</ul>

Enjoy the week-end!

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1152373155
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

wolf8t8t
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

More Heroes Downloads

Unread postby wolf8t8t » 08 Jul 2006, 16:11

"Obviously, playing all campaigns in order is strongly recommended if you want to enjoy, and understand, the plot."

Enjoy? The plot of this game so far has been pretty darn stupid. First and foremost, why would any knight/warrior of the light want to follow a necro? Seriously, you would think that the paladins, angels, and priests would put a stop to this! And that other dude is he a demon or a warlock?!!? I dunno?? And that ending really has me on tilt! And I'm done ranting.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

More Heroes Downloads

Unread postby Orfinn » 08 Jul 2006, 17:43

Here we go again *sight* I think its great to see the human knights if not evil at least corrupted and savage instead of the pure good attitude they always had...thanks to Isabel for that :devious:

Agrael (Demon Lord)/Raelag (Warlock) is the same person. Mr.Lag have turned from the dreaded demon cultist practice to be a clan lord and also seems to be a good guy if not, at least neutral.

And the story is great, just badly excecuted and with an average storytelling.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: More Heroes Downloads

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 08 Jul 2006, 17:57

Orfinn wrote:Mr.Lag.
:lolu: :lolu: :rofl:

VictorGijsbers
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

More Heroes Downloads

Unread postby VictorGijsbers » 08 Jul 2006, 20:53

Unfortunately, the Winamp Skin only looks passable when you have the Equalizer open and have the playlist no broader than the main window. You are warned. (I am assuming that Winamp renders skins identically to Audacious.)

wolf8t8t
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

More Heroes Downloads

Unread postby wolf8t8t » 08 Jul 2006, 21:43

Well yeah the story telling does stink but seriously.... the plot isn't that good. I could have came up with something ten times better. OOOOO lets make the queen an evil demon thing-a-majig! And what happened to the demon and knight war that we heard so much about. After King Nic died off it just kinda ended?!? And I disagree with you, who in their right mind would follow someone that really does not have any right to rule? Yeah sure the king said she's in control but still. Then after all the evil that the necros did in the past you would think that it would have been a hell of alot harder to trick a whole kingdom into following you. Plus how weak were the mages to be taken out by one little necro castle? Then some necro gains control of the queen and automatically all but a few knights are turned evil?? However I'm not going to rant about the campaign because the game in itself is an excellent blend of homm3 and homm 4 for my tastes at least. Plus it has enough new features to make it homm 5

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 08 Jul 2006, 22:21

wolf8t8t wrote:And I disagree with you, who in their right mind would follow someone that really does not have any right to rule?
You don't know much about monarchies, do you.

And the story is rather bland, but presentation can easily save a bland story.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 08 Jul 2006, 22:48

AS: Are we adding any of this to our new d/l page?
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 09 Jul 2006, 09:38

Mod Note: If you wish to continue to discuss the H5 story, please take it somewhere else. There are several threads suitable for this.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 09 Jul 2006, 12:01

So, anyone care to put up a pic of that winamp skin?!
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 09 Jul 2006, 15:14

Not bad. But i prefer my playlist to the right of the rest.

Return to “News”