So the six dragons are...?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 27 Jun 2006, 14:07

Guildmaster wrote:I seriously hope that the new races in the expansion will be The Faceless and Dwarves. With Nagas, the lore will become even more alike War Craft.
At least they'd be moving away from Warhammer... kinda like Warcraft did. :devil:
Guildmaster wrote: As for The Faceless, I don't know their story, but atleast they're som fresh blood in a compilation of old fantasy cliches.

Shadow People original? Doubtful. Of course we don't know much about them so it's posible, but given the track record so far i'm not betting on it.
And if they wanted to use them the Dungeon was just right, but they prefered DE's. :disagree:
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 27 Jun 2006, 15:57

I'm probably alone on this, but I really would like to see the Dark Elves stomped by Minotaurs in the expansion. I don't have any great ideas of what you could replace the furies, raiders, and matriarchs with, but I would like to see the minotaurs returned to glory. Perhaps they could make a minotaur splinter faction. I know it's unrealistic, but it would be nice.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 27 Jun 2006, 16:00

imo that's not a great idea, but then i like the dark elves, but i think we have enough elves, no wild elf faction pls ....

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 27 Jun 2006, 16:07

stefan.urlus wrote:imo that's not a great idea, but then i like the dark elves, but i think we have enough elves, no wild elf faction pls ....
There's not enough elves, there's TOO MANY elves ;) Hope they don't make a warhammerish High Elf faction... (even if I was a huge High Elf player "back in the day" I simply don't want them in Might & Magic)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 27 Jun 2006, 16:48

Omega_Destroyer wrote: I don't have any great ideas of what you could replace the furies, raiders, and matriarchs with,
Harpies, Manticores and a Minotaur caster. And the Troglodyte as lvl. 1.

Oh, and there are already Wood/Wild Elves, those would be the Sylvan. High Elves are missing.
Last edited by ThunderTitan on 27 Jun 2006, 16:57, edited 1 time in total.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 27 Jun 2006, 16:51

Ethric wrote:No trying to start pointless postcount-discussions please.
sorry bout that, Ethric, just had to say something and figured it might as well be here.

so we have the Dwarvfes worshipping fire, Nagas with water, FC with Air, and all in all that makes 9 elemental factions plus atheist orcs, so 10. are you guys sure that theres supposed to 11 total? after all, GC said earlier that it was "like 11 factions" planned. are you sure its not 10? as a matter of fact, i think i remember seeing "10 planned factions" somewhere... anyway if there is no information or mention of the 11th faction anywhere, and no place on the map, then maybe it was originaly planned (during alpha or closed beta) like crystal dragon but erased later. or maybe like GC said, it isnt neccesarily planned for H5.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 27 Jun 2006, 17:18

Actually, I just realized that we've all been forgetting the also dragonless Academy...
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 27 Jun 2006, 17:23

Gaidal Cain wrote:Actually, I just realized that we've all been forgetting the also dragonless Academy...
Theyre not dragonless,they have sar-elam.He is sort of a dragon.

Btw,dont you find it strange that we all get that "primordials are forgoten",yet everyone keeps talking about asha,we have ashas tears,and we have urgashs call.That doesnt seem like forgoten to me.

Paulus1
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Paulus1 » 27 Jun 2006, 17:24

Doesn't Academy have the 7th dragon, Sar-Elam?

I'm not that far in campaigns yet, and I don't particularly remember the history, so I might be wrong though.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 27 Jun 2006, 17:32

Gaidal Cain wrote:Actually, I just realized that we've all been forgetting the also dragonless Academy...
No we didn't. 6 towns + 3 remaning dragons + orcs = 10. There's one missing. You sure you study math?
Last edited by ThunderTitan on 27 Jun 2006, 17:34, edited 1 time in total.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 27 Jun 2006, 17:32

The Academy doesn't believe in Dragons.
Worship: Wizards do not view the dragons as gods, merely as more powerful beings. With enough study and experimentation, they too will achieve the power of the dragons
IIRC.
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 27 Jun 2006, 17:47

theLuckyDragon wrote:The Academy doesn't believe in Dragons.
They know they exist, so no need for BELIEF.

And there are only 8 dragons, Sar-Elam just had a silly title.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 27 Jun 2006, 18:10

Oh come on, you know what I meant: belief in their divine nature, belief in their superiority, belief in their powers and stuff like that, not belief in their existence.

As for Sar-Elam, that's indeed just a title. I'm not sure of its sillyness though, because Sar-Elam was the first wizard to reach the conscience of Asha, who "teaches him on the nature of matter and spirit and shows him the higher path of power", as the official timeline states.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 27 Jun 2006, 18:29

theLuckyDragon wrote:Oh come on, you know what I meant: belief in their divine nature, belief in their superiority, belief in their powers and stuff like that, not belief in their existence.
They know of their divine nature, they just think they too can reach it. Buhddism doesn't say their saints/gods/whatever aren't superior and divine, just not in an unreachable state, which is just what Academy seems to belive.

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 27 Jun 2006, 19:05

ok back on topic: ant ideas about the 11th dragon?

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 27 Jun 2006, 19:23

*carried away by clouds* :D
Last edited by Orfinn on 27 Jun 2006, 19:34, edited 1 time in total.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 27 Jun 2006, 19:27

Isn't there already a stronghold proposal thread?

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 27 Jun 2006, 19:29

Whooooops! My fault, got carried away on clouds, anyone who can delete my last post??

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 27 Jun 2006, 19:32

Medusas are either going with the nagas or as neutrals(if they appear at all,that is),and considering the current trend,such a loose city isnt likely.Also,the second proposal has to much humans(two of them,and even one more human or elf is too much now)

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 27 Jun 2006, 19:39

DaemianLucifer wrote:Medusas are either going with the nagas or as neutrals(if they appear at all,that is),and considering the current trend,such a loose city isnt likely.Also,the second proposal has to much humans(two of them,and even one more human or elf is too much now)
Must resist off-topic....sry......gah! Well since Academy is tied together by their magical cloudy theme and 1001 nights, why cant this free cities do the same? May be similar on the surface with desert, rough terrain etc but should be alot more under that kind of hot eastern skin...

And if theres one of the remaining dragon gods I would like to see and read about the most as avatar in a new expansion town it would be Sylath ;)

Return to “Heroes V-VI”