Imperial Griffins and Armageddon

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
offshore33
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Imperial Griffins and Armageddon

Unread postby offshore33 » 17 Jun 2006, 04:37

I don't know if it's in any way feasible, but is there a strategy using the Imperial Griffin's Dive Attack and Armageddon? I was thinking something like a Ranger somehow getting a stack and using Dive Attack, then Imbue Arrow Armageddon, then either Rain of Arrows, or maybe with Expert War Machines and Imbued Triple Ballista. I tried something in a game just now using Armageddon and my game crashed, so I don't know how much I really want to test it. It seems like it would be at least funny to watch if it didn't crash the game.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 17 Jun 2006, 11:05

Funny and devastating.I dont see why it shouldnt work.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 17 Jun 2006, 12:40

I have tried armageddon only once, a very nice spell indeed in form of effects and visuals, the damage is as expected hazardous. I just cant imagine and calculate the damage a ballistia + trippel shot = 3 of those giant meteors in a row after each other. It gotta hurt alot for both the speed of battle if you have an average computer and for the troops 8|

RAGNAROK!! :-D

maareek
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby maareek » 17 Jun 2006, 14:35

Actually the armageddon is best used with a wizard that has a bunch of obsidian gargoyles (fire immunity). :devil:

Oh and doesnt armageddon destroy youre ballista after its first shot?

Cunning Death
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Cunning Death » 17 Jun 2006, 15:12

maareek wrote:Actually the armageddon is best used with a wizard that has a bunch of obsidian gargoyles (fire immunity). :devil:

Oh and doesnt armageddon destroy youre ballista after its first shot?
I don't know if magic immunity can be put on the ballista? :devil:
warning! there might be documented features in Heroes V
Water Polo European Championships Hajrá magyarok!

juventas
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby juventas » 17 Jun 2006, 15:29

You know how much spellpower a ranger gets, right? That won't be a very impressive armageddon. A wizard also does little damage with an armageddon. At the time he is able to get a 5th level to his mages guild, his armageddon will probably do around 600-700 damage, which is not enough to take out an opposing army in one or two shots. That will be plenty of time to slaughter your gargoyles. At best, it will only work against non-ranged neutrals.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 17 Jun 2006, 15:41

Better than tripple shot and imbued armagedon would be rain of arrows on 7 stacks of favourite enemies with imbued armagedon :devil:

maareek
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby maareek » 17 Jun 2006, 15:45

I meant that the wizard will get armageddon with his ultimate ability (gives all spells at expert level) and by that time his spellpower should be pretty high.
If not theres always the option to buy spellpower boosting artifacts.

Cunning Death
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Cunning Death » 17 Jun 2006, 15:59

DaemianLucifer wrote:Better than tripple shot and imbued armagedon would be rain of arrows on 7 stacks of favourite enemies with imbued armagedon :devil:
only missing Warlock's luck :D

Now I'm officially declaring that imperial griffins ***** and imbued arrow+armageddon rules! :)
warning! there might be documented features in Heroes V
Water Polo European Championships Hajrá magyarok!

Return to “Heroes V-VI”