Is there a scuttle boat spell?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
thecheese
Peasant
Peasant

Is there a scuttle boat spell?

Unread postby thecheese » 13 Jun 2006, 06:48

I was playing one of the custom games today, the island one, and the AI, in its mindless dribble, kept throwing heroes at me. Eventually, they had left so many boats that I actually couldn't dock my main hero, who had been exploring elsewhere. If my secondary hadn't been on guard duty, I'd have had to recruit a hero just to move the boats.

So has anyone found this spell? Coulda used it.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 13 Jun 2006, 06:54

Always liked that spell, but nope, not in H5. Or H4. Can't remember if it was in H3... we should make a petiton to bring back Scuttle Ship :)
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Psychobabble
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby Psychobabble » 13 Jun 2006, 07:11

In H4 you could just board the empty ship so that blockading wasn't a problem. I take it you can't do that here?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 13 Jun 2006, 07:36

It was such a fun to destroy enemies boat an leave him stranded on some island.To bad that spell wasnt there after HIII.

Asjo
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Asjo » 13 Jun 2006, 08:41

Psychobabble, it would still be a problems seeing as it would take at least one turn to move from one boat to another.
Last edited by Asjo on 13 Jun 2006, 08:53, edited 1 time in total.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 13 Jun 2006, 08:45

It doesn't in H4, which was what PB referred to.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Asjo
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Asjo » 13 Jun 2006, 08:47

Oh ... I seemed to recall it did :o

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 13 Jun 2006, 08:49

Nope.Just embarking/disembarking from/to a shore took fool turn.Ship to ship counted as a normal move(although did it count as water or land movement?)

thecheese
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby thecheese » 13 Jun 2006, 14:29

DaemianLucifer wrote:It was such a fun to destroy enemies boat an leave him stranded on some island.To bad that spell wasnt there after HIII.
You can, but that wasn't what happened. All the entrances to my island got blocked by parked boats, and I had to use my other hero to move the boats so that my main hero, trying to get on to the island, could actually fit. Just woulda been nice if my other hero could have destroyed the boats.

innokenti
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby innokenti » 13 Jun 2006, 15:55

DaemianLucifer wrote:Nope.Just embarking/disembarking from/to a shore took fool turn.Ship to ship counted as a normal move(although did it count as water or land movement?)
Bridge of ships for the win!

Warlock
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Warlock » 13 Jun 2006, 17:29

I'd love the spell just to keep the AI away. Sylvan mission 3 it would have been so nice. What ended up happening is I made a ship, and then Teal stole it and attacked my town -_- For some reason the "Summon ship" (or whatever the official name of that is) didn't work. Tried to summon it back to my shore but I guess I was too far away.

Another fun idea is to follow someone (or the CPU) to an island, scuttle their ship, and then either sail off or TP back (assuming they don't have TP) :) heh

The only downside is that it'd take up a slot in the mage guild. On non-water maps that's quite useless. And even on water maps you may not need it.

P.S. - yes the spell was in Heroes 3 :P

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 13 Jun 2006, 17:32

Warlock wrote:For some reason the "Summon ship" (or whatever the official name of that is) didn't work. Tried to summon it back to my shore but I guess I was too far away.
Summon ships only works if there's a free ship somewhere on the map. If the AI stole it then he prob boarded it right away, so there was no free ship to summon.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Warlock
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Warlock » 13 Jun 2006, 17:53

ThunderTitan wrote:
Warlock wrote:For some reason the "Summon ship" (or whatever the official name of that is) didn't work. Tried to summon it back to my shore but I guess I was too far away.
Summon ships only works if there's a free ship somewhere on the map. If the AI stole it then he prob boarded it right away, so there was no free ship to summon.
No it was free at the time. I could see him heading for it so I tried to steal it. But no dice :(

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 13 Jun 2006, 18:13

There are so many unfinished bugs & glitches in Heroes 5 … this is just another one. :mad:
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Pagan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Pagan » 13 Jun 2006, 18:28

Probably that's because your spell power isn't high enough, happened to me all the times.

Warlock
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Warlock » 13 Jun 2006, 18:39

Pagan wrote:Probably that's because your spell power isn't high enough, happened to me all the times.
Maybe. It was the Sylvan hero so he wasn't the best spellcaster at the time (though I always try to pick the good spellcasting skills like Enlightenment).

It worked out ok though eventually. I restarted that mission a few times and the last time I had to when he attacked, I managed to *barely* hold out against his siege. And since he was the only "hard" teal hero on the map I took all the Teal towns and heroes with ease after that.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”