Inferno campaign - Agrael's decision

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 05 Jun 2006, 14:53

DaemianLucifer wrote: And yes,meteor shower doesnt work on emeralds.Tried it once(I forgot it was earth actually).Stupid that it greyes out some spells like slow when youre fighting golems,but it doesnt grey out meteor shower in this case.
It only greays out targeted* spells that have no valid targets. Since area-effect spells are not targeted*, it doesn't prevent you from casting them.

Personally, I would prefer if it indicated a useless spell, but still let you cast it. There have been a few times when I wanted to blast my own ballista, because it was too stupid to not target a huge stack of succubus mistresses. Now, if you could tell a ballista not to attack, even without ballista skill, that would be nice. I don't care if you cannot choose a target if it attacks, but you should be able to not use it (or even remove it from the field in the tactics phase!)

*targeted in the Magic:the gathering sense- A targetted spell has a specific object it is cast on. Non-targeted spells do not.

CaptainKen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

This campaign is really BAD

Unread postby CaptainKen » 05 Jun 2006, 16:38

I played it over and over and over - many times on the normal level - when I got there, he had tons more creatures than I - over and over I fought, but each time I was wiped out - I then used the "cheats" with the 10 characters from the haven race - still lost. I finally have given up - I'm playing the scenario maps now, and if the patch doesn't come out for "easy", I'll not get to play the other campaigns - maybe someone will find a way to type in a cheat code for winning the map - if so I can go on. But until things change, I will NOT play that map again.

And just fo rthe record - I am one that it always "positive" about things whe others are "negative." But I've had it. This scenario is poorly designed, and shame on UBI for giving us a map that can't be beaten - I know others have done it, but you guys have to be in the minority - for most all of us (I think), we are screwed.

If ANYONE knows of a cheat code for winning the scenario, PLEASE tell me and the rest of us. Right now, I'j ready to go back to Rise of Legends and my flight simulator.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 05 Jun 2006, 18:03

There you go.Enjoy.

Although everything this map needs is an easier difficulty.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 05 Jun 2006, 18:40

DaemianLucifer wrote:There you go.Enjoy.

Although everything this map needs is an easier difficulty.
Not just this map. Already I've stumbled upon two more maps in the necro campaign that didn't feel like they were being played on the normal difficulty, and they would certainly benefit from the 'easy' difficulty. Not to mention a rather thorough modification of the difficulty models. :|
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 05 Jun 2006, 19:17

Qurqirish Dragon wrote: Personally, I would prefer if it indicated a useless spell, but still let you cast it. There have been a few times when I wanted to blast my own ballista, because it was too stupid to not target a huge stack of succubus mistresses.
Not to mention stupid enough to free some creature of the blinding I had placed on it to be able to resurrect some units...
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

CaptainKen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

THANK YOU Lucifer

Unread postby CaptainKen » 05 Jun 2006, 23:49

I treid it - worked like a charm. I've read everything that I could find posted on this scenario - can't figure out why I did so badly, unless I turtled too long. I was in Month 5 when I finally got there. Did I take too long? I'm moving on, but when you guys say "rush" - how fast are you literallly talking about?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: THANK YOU Lucifer

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 06 Jun 2006, 00:19

CaptainKen wrote:I treid it - worked like a charm. I've read everything that I could find posted on this scenario - can't figure out why I did so badly, unless I turtled too long. I was in Month 5 when I finally got there. Did I take too long? I'm moving on, but when you guys say "rush" - how fast are you literallly talking about?
Youre wellcome.

Well it depends on the map.I usually rush when there is an AI player that poses danger to my castles.If hes neutralised(this dependes on the objectives,if the objective is to wipe this player,then neutralize means camping in front of his final town with masive army,doing skirmish attacks every week to finish his troops,then run),then I take my time to maximize my caryover hero,which usually means at least a month or two of raising those 4-6 levels,and visiting all mage guilds and stat boosters.

3rd inferno map I finished in some 4 months,but active battle took me just two months.The next two Ive spent maximizing agrael.

The 5th map Ive done in some 4 months as well,although the last month was just collecting and upgrading creatures for the final island.

juventas
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby juventas » 06 Jun 2006, 01:19

Do you even need to max out Agrael? You don't get to use him later do you?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 06 Jun 2006, 01:28

juventas wrote:Do you even need to max out Agrael? You don't get to use him later do you?
I dont max on last maps,but on the previous ones,I always do that.

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 06 Jun 2006, 03:10

juventas wrote:Do you even need to max out Agrael? You don't get to use him later do you?
I maxed him on 1, 2, and 3. He finished the campaign at level 27. I did not quite explore all of map 4 and a large part of the final map was unexplored. When I came upon the endgame battle I just went for it.

There are probably better ways to build him but this is how I did it and he really did well on all the maps.

Att:21 Def: 8 SpellPower: 11 Knowledge:19 (Includes artifacts)

Artifacts: Helm of the Dwarven Kings, Necklace of Victory

Edit: I took the succubus troops bonus for the last map

End Battle Troops: 24 Cerebrus 10 Hounds / 5 Nightmares 3 chargers/
10 Succubus 20 Succubus Mistresses / 10 Pit Fiends

Skills: (All at expert)

Attack: battle frenzy, tactics, archery
Defense: evasion, vitality
logistics: pathfinding, navigation
luck: soldiers luck, resourcefulness
sorcery: magic insight, mana regeneration, arcane training
specializations: expert gating, aura of swiftness, hellfire

He faced another group of dragons before the end battle (guarding a spell shrine) and defeated them handily too.

A few comments:

Phantom Troops was his favored spell for the maps (cast on the upgraded succubi.) The phantom troops can gate too. Gating is very powerful. Pit Fiends make mincemeat out of emerald dragons. :)

GOW

Return to “Heroes V-VI”