Cleaning the forum

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Cleaning the forum

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 02 Jun 2006, 08:44

I think we should have a sticky thread with some of the most common subjects(artifacts,terrain,characters,etc)linked so that newcomers can find them instead of posting new threads.It would keep the HV forum a lot cleaner.

Purple Sky
Pixie
Pixie

Re: Cleaning the forum

Unread postby Purple Sky » 02 Jun 2006, 09:06

DaemianLucifer wrote:I think we should have a sticky thread with some of the most common subjects(artifacts,terrain,characters,etc)linked so that newcomers can find them instead of posting new threads.It would keep the HV forum a lot cleaner.
It would keep them cleaner but less active. Its also hard to get in to a topic which already has 6 pages and a discussion going on.

kepperi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Cleaning the forum

Unread postby kepperi » 02 Jun 2006, 11:37

DaemianLucifer wrote:I think we should have a sticky thread with some of the most common subjects(artifacts,terrain,characters,etc)
h5 should have own forum with subforums :)
<- ->
(°)

Joskevermeulen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

I Agree

Unread postby Joskevermeulen » 02 Jun 2006, 23:44

the Heroes V Forum should have much more subforums or much more topics on one page (not very performant).

Now all topics where there isn't reaction in one, 2 days are getting drowned to the second page. It is a proven fact that people just don't like to click 3 times before they see a topic. So most of the topics on the second page are ignored in that way even when they are very interesting.

The challenge is to create a senseful subforum structure. You could base yourself on the categories of topics that are the most popular.
example:
A fanboy subforum and A Heroes V basher subforum
(that would end flamings and topics getting closed because they are too biased)

or more rational
Storyline subforum
Creature subforum
A.I. subforum
Combat subforum
Adventuremap subforum
Mapmaking subforum
Modding subforum

In that way only the real good topics describing a problem/feature would stay on top in these subforums and not get drowned like now.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”