Heroes Complete Box Art and Disks (56k modem users beware)

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 31 May 2006, 12:06

Dublex wrote:The only reason I can see for IV being on a DVD is that it has other language versions on the DVD along with the english version, which takes up more space.
Oh come on,how much space can a language take?Its pure text.

One more thing:Why do the languages take the whole CD in HV?How many different languages are on that CD anyway?

Dublex
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Dublex » 31 May 2006, 12:20

DaemianLucifer wrote:
Dublex wrote:The only reason I can see for IV being on a DVD is that it has other language versions on the DVD along with the english version, which takes up more space.
Oh come on,how much space can a language take?Its pure text.

One more thing:Why do the languages take the whole CD in HV?How many different languages are on that CD anyway?
You'd need to write to Ubi about the Heroes IV DVD, but for example maybe the whole game is in French with French speech etc.

Either that or it is just a quick text change and the installation files slapped on a DVD.

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 31 May 2006, 13:25

HodgePodge wrote:
Wolfshanze wrote:
Paradox wrote:where did you get this copy which contains all the games + expansions?
European release ONLY.

Americans get the aptly-named "Limited Edition" that comes with nothing of value.
Yeah, will I live in the USA! and you know what they can do with their crappy Limited Edition! Why are they not selling the same packages worldwide? Do they think we Americans will settle for their cheap substitute of what the European package contains. You know UbiSoft … go stick your head where the sun don't shine!
More correctly, it is an amazon.UK release only- and they do not ship software outside of Europe.
So this is now the SECOND product released with H4 complete that I cannot get. :cry:

I hope that in a few weeks or so, the exclusive will be dropped, and there will be a world-wide release of the complete package (I'll take H4 complete, and give the rest to my sister, who only has H3:RoE)

Vision
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Vision » 31 May 2006, 15:15

I am looking at trying to acquire a couple copies, possibly for a contest or two at the Oracle League... so that if they do not release it worldwide people still have a chance to get the package, for free even.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 31 May 2006, 15:26

Qurqirish Dragon wrote: European release ONLY.

More correctly, it is an amazon.UK release only- and they do not ship software outside of Europe.
And it also says: This item can only be delivered within the UK

So ur not the only ones getting the short end of the stick.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Vision
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Vision » 31 May 2006, 18:13

ThunderTitan wrote:
Qurqirish Dragon wrote: European release ONLY.

And it also says: This item can only be delivered within the UK

So ur not the only ones getting the short end of the stick.
You sure about that? I went there and started an order. They denied me shipping it to the US, so I entered a friends address in Norway. It allowed it, so I stopped it just before actual purchase.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 31 May 2006, 19:50

Vision wrote: You sure about that? I went there and started an order. They denied me shipping it to the US, so I entered a friends address in Norway. It allowed it, so I stopped it just before actual purchase.
Well I didn't actualy start a purchase. But it was there.

See HERE.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Vision
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Vision » 31 May 2006, 20:03

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/tg/ ... 62-1351135

Under the "PC & Video Games, Toys & Games and Gift items":

* Amazon.co.uk: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Iceland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom (England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales).
* Marketplace: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Iceland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom (England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales).

You just dont get free shipping outside the UK

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 31 May 2006, 20:10

Yeah. And no shipping in Romania. :disagree:
Ah well, we have our own online stores.
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Vision
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Vision » 31 May 2006, 20:19

It -should- eventually be available worldwide.

dallasmavs41
Demon
Demon

Unread postby dallasmavs41 » 31 May 2006, 21:29

Vision wrote:It -should- eventually be available worldwide.
Hopefully it is, because it'd be really nice to have everything together and on one disc...

Vision
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Vision » 31 May 2006, 21:38

Its actually one disc per game except H3, which is two discs.

So, 6 discs total (but one box! :-D )
H1, H2, H3, H3 Dsc 2, H4, H5

Return to “Heroes V-VI”