Heroes Complete Box Art and Disks (56k modem users beware)

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Dublex
Pixie
Pixie

Heroes Complete Box Art and Disks (56k modem users beware)

Unread postby Dublex » 30 May 2006, 22:02

Just thought I would post this up, as they did some quite nice disk art for the Heroes Complete set :)

Mods, feel free to move this if this is in the wrong place.

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 30 May 2006, 22:23

How old are those computer speakers? I had the EXACT same speakers for my computer back in the early 90s... may have even had them with my Amiga?!?!

Dublex
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Dublex » 30 May 2006, 22:41

lol, fairly old.

But they do the job, which is what I'm happy about.. I have 2 larger speakers some way behind my desk.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 30 May 2006, 22:43

Yes, but does it contain the expansions? I thought not! Why buy incomplete "complete" games. Another cheapo trick foisted upon us unsuspecting users by UbiSoft. :sceptic:
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Godslayer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Godslayer » 30 May 2006, 22:45

Wait, it doesn't? Thought it did.

Vision
Conscript
Conscript

Wow Hodge

Unread postby Vision » 30 May 2006, 23:58

Do you EVER not complain about ANYTHING?

This particular Heroes Complete is called Complete for a reason. It comes with EVERYTHING that came on ALL the other heroes CDs. No hard copy manuals for anything other than H5, but they are (I believe) in some format on the CD/DVD's themselves.

Stop being so pessimistic about everything. You tend to annoy people quite easily and quickly that way.

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 31 May 2006, 02:23

Question to lucky owner :) :

Is there any notes about JVC or NWC relation to H 1-4 development ?
So far I see only Ubi labels everywhere

Paradox
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Paradox » 31 May 2006, 02:45

where did you get this copy which contains all the games + expansions?

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 31 May 2006, 03:58

Paradox wrote:where did you get this copy which contains all the games + expansions?
European release ONLY.

Americans get the aptly-named "Limited Edition" that comes with nothing of value.

Ya5MieL
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Ya5MieL » 31 May 2006, 04:05

"Complete" is often used to describe full game (in contrast to the demo and trial versions), and by no means must include expansions to it.... heroes 3 complete label makes us think otehrwise which in game industry is more times wrong than tru..

without expansion, H2's .exe file is called H2complete.exe, which implies full functional game, not the demo version.
Furthermore, H2+expansion package was called H2 Gold - which is kinda opposite of the names the games use now (gold-finished 1.0 version of game, not all-expansions features in one package)

Paradox
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Paradox » 31 May 2006, 04:33

Wolfshanze wrote:
Paradox wrote:where did you get this copy which contains all the games + expansions?
European release ONLY.

Americans get the aptly-named "Limited Edition" that comes with nothing of value.
Yeah, i'm in the UK. I managed to get the uh, I forgot the actual name now..there's so many, it came with a map, heroes II, and stat sheet (damnit, should show how far each creature can move! ill just make my own! :))

anyway yeah. i'd love to get the big box with all the games in, just for the sake of having them all together even though i own them all seperately.

Vision
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Vision » 31 May 2006, 04:34

Sorry, but I just re-installed heroes 2 (the copy I have from when I bought it brand new) and the h2 exe is called... h2.exe With expansion, h2exp.exe

I can do the same for H3 and H4, but that is beside the point. The games in the Heroes Series are called "Complete" when they are released with every expansion - since H3. H2 was called H2 Gold (and even came with some fan-made maps like Spellbound), but H3 and H4 both had "Complete" versions which came with every expansion.

This version of H5 Complete is called Complete because it (now) comes with all previous versions, as well as all their expansions. I am sure they will have other "complete" versions later, which will come with either all the H5 expansions, or all H5 expansions AND all previous games.

Doesnt matter to me. I am already looking into getting 3 or 4 copies of the H5 Complete in its current form.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 31 May 2006, 05:00

Wolfshanze wrote:
European release ONLY.

Yeah, will I live in the USA! and you know what they can do with their crappy Limited Edition! Why are they not selling the same packages worldwide? Do they think we Americans will settle for their cheap substitute of what the European package contains. You know UbiSoft … go stick your head where the sun don't shine!
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Purple Sky
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Purple Sky » 31 May 2006, 07:47

Why is there only a helm? Didnt it supposed to have a huge battle art along with a knight in that helm? I *love* fantasy art!

Dublex
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Dublex » 31 May 2006, 09:06

I checked yesterday, when it says "complete" it means that.. Version I - IV are either the Gold edition (Heroes II) or the complete edition (Heroes III and IV).

And there isn't any reference to anyone else on the printing of the CDs or the manuals apart from UBI, although there is reference to them I think in the installers.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 31 May 2006, 10:57

Dublex wrote:I checked yesterday, when it says "complete" it means that.. Version I - IV are either the Gold edition (Heroes II) or the complete edition (Heroes III and IV).
Lets just make sure:

You saw The Price of Loyalty, AB, SoD, tGS and WoW actualy ingame....
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 31 May 2006, 11:16

There's two H3 disks. If there aren't expansions on one of them, I've no idea why it was included.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 31 May 2006, 11:24

Im still puzzled by the fact that HIII comes on two CDs with both expansions(if it comes with both expansions),yet HIV comes on a DVD.

Godslayer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Godslayer » 31 May 2006, 11:27

HodgePodge wrote:
Wolfshanze wrote:
European release ONLY.

Yeah, will I live in the USA! and you know what they can do with their crappy Limited Edition! Why are they not selling the same packages worldwide? Do they think we Americans will settle for their cheap substitute of what the European package contains. You know UbiSoft … go stick your head where the sun don't shine!
If its not one thing its another, isn't it? Of course we can't just be glad we got it, we have to complain incessantly. :disagree:

Dublex
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Dublex » 31 May 2006, 11:44

ThunderTitan wrote:
Dublex wrote:I checked yesterday, when it says "complete" it means that.. Version I - IV are either the Gold edition (Heroes II) or the complete edition (Heroes III and IV).
Lets just make sure:

You saw The Price of Loyalty, AB, SoD, tGS and WoW actualy ingame....
Yes, I can confirm that.

Heroes II is Heroes II gold, which is the normal game + price of loyalty expansion (in one install file)

Heroes III is Heroes III complete, and has the AB and SoD expansions (all in one install file, which is why its probably 2 disks)

Heroes IV is Heroes IV complete, and has TgS and WoW expansions (actually they are seperate installs but its all cunningly melded into an easy install process via a flash main menu).

I've installed all Heroes II as a test and it has the expansion on it, and checked Heroes III which has the expansions as well (looking at the install screens etc). I've installed Heroes IV and all the expansions from the install menu, and I can confirm they are all in game.

The only reason I can see for IV being on a DVD is that it has other language versions on the DVD along with the english version, which takes up more space.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”