What are these things?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

What are these things?

Unread postby Caradoc » 30 May 2006, 17:03

I've come across a couple of artifacts for which there is no description. Can someone tell me about:

Tunic of the Carved Flesh (ick)
Windstrider Boots
(And any others you may know of)

Thanks.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 30 May 2006, 17:13

There's actually a LOT of artifacts with NO DESCRIPTIONS.

You've encountered a well-known bug (at least to us), that many artifacts are missing descriptions in the game.

I hope this is fixed with the FIRST patch (Ubi only talks about "game-balancing" issues, but doesn't talk about the obvious problems like this one).

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 May 2006, 17:13

Check here.Some artifacts lack descriptions.

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 30 May 2006, 18:01

DaemianLucifer wrote:Check here.Some artifacts lack descriptions.
Thanks. Makes you wonder about the testing, doesn't it?

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but the Sack of Gold (1000g) equips as a cloak.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 May 2006, 18:07

Caradoc wrote:I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but the Sack of Gold (1000g) equips as a cloak.
It seems that ubi decided to remove the miscelanious items.All of the "of gold" artifacts are now in the cloak space :disagree:

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 30 May 2006, 20:01

Yeah, the equipment of artifacts is the most detestable thing in the whole game. Why not a hero doll? :disagree: I don't think Nival could be this stupidly stubborn about avoiding HIV. :|
Maybe they had something else in their mind like keeping both the number of artifacts and available slots low, and this way adding another decision process (which artifact to equip). Even if that's the case this is too much! I mean c'mon this is a game, not a non-linear stochastic optimization problem! lol
I believe in science and that science can explain everything.
Because God has made it all work in such a beautiful way...

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 30 May 2006, 20:03

DaemianLucifer wrote:
It seems that ubi decided to remove the miscelanious items.All of the "of gold" artifacts are now in the cloak space :disagree:
8|

That's a bit weird... a "bit". Surely that must be some sort of bug?
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 30 May 2006, 20:06

theGryphon wrote:Yeah, the equipment of artifacts is the most detestable thing in the whole game. Why not a hero doll? :disagree: I don't think Nival could be this stupidly stubborn about avoiding HIV. :|
Let's get real... people are either short-sighted or have a memory that doesn't go before Heroes IV.

The "Hero paper doll" is NOT new to H4... it was definately a feature of H3... so it missing in H5 cannot be blamed on "not wanting to be like H4"... that's just a wrong assumption.

In the case of the hero doll, it's a case of not wanting to be like H3.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 May 2006, 20:07

No bug.It was like that in beta,testers complained,but it stayed.

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 30 May 2006, 20:10

Wolfshanze wrote:
theGryphon wrote:Yeah, the equipment of artifacts is the most detestable thing in the whole game. Why not a hero doll? :disagree: I don't think Nival could be this stupidly stubborn about avoiding HIV. :|
Let's get real... people are either short-sighted or have a memory that doesn't go before Heroes IV.

The "Hero paper doll" is NOT new to H4... it was definately a feature of H3... so it missing in H5 cannot be blamed on "not wanting to be like H4"... that's just a wrong assumption.

In the case of the hero doll, it's a case of not wanting to be like H3.
You're right, hero doll was in HIII. I guess I'm getting old :D Anyways, whatever they had in their mind doesn't make any sense to me at all...
I believe in science and that science can explain everything.
Because God has made it all work in such a beautiful way...

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 30 May 2006, 20:32

Yeah... paper doll in H3 but not H5... of all the things they obviously made like H3, skipping on this one is mind-boggling.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 30 May 2006, 21:13

Ethric wrote:That's a bit weird... a "bit". Surely that must be some sort of bug?
It's only slightly weird when compared to Fourleaf-clover (Shield) or Horseshoe (feet). As said, there should really be a misc slot.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 30 May 2006, 21:20

Gaidal Cain wrote: Horseshoe (feet).
I bet that one hurts....
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Continuity
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Continuity » 30 May 2006, 21:21

Ha! :)

I can't really see a reason why they wouldn't use a misc slot. Seems so... senseless.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 30 May 2006, 21:27

It certainly does. Moves straight to the top of the list of incomprehensible design-decisions, past non-flaggable resourcestructures.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Dublex
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Dublex » 30 May 2006, 21:33

Horseshoe is probably suppose to mean your mounts feet as well as your heroes feet.. although the image is still painful :o

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 31 May 2006, 01:17

Yeah, ouch. Oh, and Ethric, I have created this post to also show my capitalisation skills. Just so I can have your tick as a translator for HVI. Wow, I have a lot of capitals in this paragraph, hope you approve.

Cheers.

;)

Rapier
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Rapier » 31 May 2006, 02:59

I like the horseshoe being in the feet slot, and I see the cloak slot and also including the backpack now (where you would put a sack of gold surely?)

The only image I find truly bad, is the image of having a hero holding a great sword in one hand and a pansy four leaf clover in the other :p

Not that I wouldn't welcome the return of the hero doll and the "other" slot, but I believe my interpretation is what they intended the interpretation again.
~ Rapier.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 31 May 2006, 10:38

Sure,a horeshoe does fit perfectly tight on your fight.And the pain wears of after just a few weeks.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 31 May 2006, 10:39

Continuity wrote: I can't really see a reason why they wouldn't use a misc slot. Seems so... senseless.
Lots of things about this game seem senseless. (ex: the ATB lagging behind just because of the default speed they used).
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Return to “Heroes V-VI”