A suggestion for the adventure map

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
blueparrot1966
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

A suggestion for the adventure map

Unread postby blueparrot1966 » 28 May 2006, 17:17

There's obviously a grid at work on the adventure map just as there is on the battle map. It'd be nice if I could make that grid visible, as I can on the tactical level. Anyone know a way to do that, or mod it, or patch it...?

The 3D adventure map is gorgeous, like the rest of the game, but I'd like to know at a glance where I can and can't travel. I've always got the feeling that I'm missing something.

Labyrinth
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Labyrinth » 28 May 2006, 17:26

Like the red/yellow mode in the map editor, you mean?

I doubt this is possible with a mod. And I do also doubt this is going to be implemented ;)
All you can do is take your cursor and hover around everywhere until you have a feel for where you can walk and where not. And of course with setting the hero path end point you can check the size of the tiles. (or the space between the grid spots. How you like it.)

blueparrot1966
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby blueparrot1966 » 28 May 2006, 18:13

Sure, that's the sort of thing I've been doing, and I agree, fat chance it'll be implemented. But it'd sure be nice if I could tell, obviously, at a glance, where I can and can't go.

Like most everyone, I agree that this game is flat out gorgeous. But I'm always finding myself wishing for that HMM III interface. Clean, simple, conveyed all kinds of info, and you were never more than a click or two away from ANYTHING you needed to know.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 28 May 2006, 18:30

blueparrot1966 wrote:Sure, that's the sort of thing I've been doing, and I agree, fat chance it'll be implemented. But it'd sure be nice if I could tell, obviously, at a glance, where I can and can't go.

Like most everyone, I agree that this game is flat out gorgeous. But I'm always finding myself wishing for that HMM III interface. Clean, simple, conveyed all kinds of info, and you were never more than a click or two away from ANYTHING you needed to know.
Ditto. I often find myself wondering whether something's slipped past me.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”