Crazy Nicolai (Spoiler)

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
JackieLGW
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Crazy Nicolai (Spoiler)

Unread postby JackieLGW » 25 May 2006, 06:16

I'm in the last mission on Sylvan campaign where I've to destroy the vampire lrod nicolai..

but all the mobs in the map are of uncountable number in a stack.
Worst of all, almost every enemy hero carry thousands of skeleton archers!
I managed to kill almost 6000 of them accumulatively.
But then nicolai's army carries another 3000 skeleton archers together, in addition to his ability to cast the wtf PHANTOM FORCE!

How do you guys manage to kill him?

I really want to proceed to the Mage Campaign! :ill:

vicheron
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby vicheron » 25 May 2006, 07:22

Get the four Dwarven artifacts. Set Skeleton Archers as your favored enemy. With two Sylvan towns, the chances of getting a critical on a favored enemy is 60%, 70% if you have Know Your Enemy. Be sure to max your luck too. With 5 luck, Avenger's Brotherhood, Elven Luck, there's a good chance of doing 325% damage with every hit against a favored enemy.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 25 May 2006, 07:27

i guess that would help a bit ....[/i]

JackieLGW
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby JackieLGW » 25 May 2006, 07:59

vicheron wrote:Get the four Dwarven artifacts. Set Skeleton Archers as your favored enemy. With two Sylvan towns, the chances of getting a critical on a favored enemy is 60%, 70% if you have Know Your Enemy. Be sure to max your luck too. With 5 luck, Avenger's Brotherhood, Elven Luck, there's a good chance of doing 325% damage with every hit against a favored enemy.
yes, and i've them with me.
yet their big number is still a big problem ~

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 25 May 2006, 08:25

When I finally cornered him, he had a large army, but the skeletons were "only" in the 4000:s, and most went down in the first hail of arrows (for once I was glad that targets the lowest-level enemy stack). As noted, avenging Skeleton Archers is a big aid. I hope you have light magic, because mass haste and the two damage boosters are going to be a huge aid. Oh, and did you find the Unicorn Horn Bow in the Underground? I did...
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

dreamcradle
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dreamcradle » 25 May 2006, 08:27

SPOILERS !!!!!!

Way 1:

STOP playing with your main hero ;) Even if he is perfect he is way behind Talanar with Elven luck. Start playing with talanar (almost in no time he is 30 level now) - KILLING machine...Took out the whole map with him :)

Way 2:
Forget the sylvan towns - capture as much as possible Undead towns (the first is really close to you, and there are 2 underground that you can capture easy) belive me the numbers you say are NOTHING - i fought with Vladimir (29 level) with 11000 skeletons, 130 dragons and so on... (gave me 400K exp)... so when you have 3 undead towns - develop them, and turn the creatures from your towns into undeads, and ALSO you can get undead hero with necromancery so you can get ALOT of skeletons too (really easy that way)...

I am still on that map, trying to figure what to do to make Nikolai stop resurcet with large army when i kill him :)

GOOD LUCK, the map isn't that hard when you know how to play it :)

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 25 May 2006, 08:32

can i say .... goddamn!!!! that's a big army

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 25 May 2006, 09:26

dreamcradle wrote: I am still on that map, trying to figure what to do to make Nikolai stop resurcet with large army when i kill him :)
When you leave your staring area by monolith, you'll immedeately come to a seer's hut. That one will tell you what you need to do.

And while Talanar might be a good choice for this map, going with Findan will help you later on...

JackieLGW
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby JackieLGW » 27 May 2006, 17:20

I killed him serveral times and he just reappeared here and there with exactly the same amount of army.

How can you guys stop him from resurrecting?!

Raspyn
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Raspyn » 27 May 2006, 19:06

JackieLGW wrote:I killed him serveral times and he just reappeared here and there with exactly the same amount of army.

------------SPOILER-------------

You go to the seer's hut, and he gives you a quest to collect all of these dwarven artifacts and he will give you some phoenixes to put in your army.

The phoenixes must be present and alive in your army when you defeat nicolai, so he doesn't respawn.

Csimbi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Csimbi » 27 May 2006, 19:26

Raspyn wrote:
JackieLGW wrote:I killed him serveral times and he just reappeared here and there with exactly the same amount of army.

------------SPOILER-------------

You go to the seer's hut, and he gives you a quest to collect all of these dwarven artifacts and he will give you some phoenixes to put in your army.

The phoenixes must be present and alive in your army when you defeat nicolai, so he doesn't respawn.
Actually, I killed Him three times, and He was gone (I owned all towns - dunno if it has something to do with it) - no need to complete the seer's quest -> is this a bug?

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 27 May 2006, 20:26

Yup, it definately sounds like one.

Csimbi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Csimbi » 28 May 2006, 10:23

Gaidal Cain wrote:Yup, it definately sounds like one.
Could You add it to the bug list thread as an unconfirmed bug?
Thank You.

Nebs
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nebs » 28 May 2006, 13:03

It's not a bug actually, as there's another way to 'bring the dawn'. I actually haven't even found all the arties for Phoenixes.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 28 May 2006, 17:43

You mean killing of the Shadow dragons. Then it's a bug that that isn't told to the player.

Csimbi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Csimbi » 28 May 2006, 19:12

I had to kill all shadow dragons to bring the dawn - it has nothing to do with phoenixes... (?)

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 28 May 2006, 19:18

Well, there's a quest hut when you leave your starting area, and it says that the only way to defeat Nicolai is by having phoenixes in your army and that you should gather the dwarven artifacts to get some. I never killed all the Spectral Dragons (sorry, my fault earlier), but still managed to defeat Nicolai.

Nebs
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nebs » 28 May 2006, 20:09

Gaidal, it was told to the player. Maybe not in options, but in game it was.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 28 May 2006, 21:10

All I remember being told was that killing them of would make the darkness go away. It didn't say anything about that meaning Nicolai would be defeatable. It's possible that it would have once all dragons were dead, but that's a little late, considering that there's another way that actually spells it out for you, and implies that it's the only way to do it.

Csimbi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Csimbi » 28 May 2006, 21:27

Gaidal Cain wrote:All I remember being told was that killing them of would make the darkness go away. It didn't say anything about that meaning Nicolai would be defeatable. It's possible that it would have once all dragons were dead, but that's a little late, considering that there's another way that actually spells it out for you, and implies that it's the only way to do it.
No, the cut scene about the dawn has nothing to do with the phoenixes and killing Nicolai.
When You visit the seer's hut, then You are told that You must get the artifacts to get phoenixes in exchange which will allow You to kill Nicolai. I never got eh phoenixes, but I managed to kill Him the third time.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”