Campaign 4 (the Ranger). Mission 3 (the Defence) - BUG

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
dreamcradle
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Campaign 4 (the Ranger). Mission 3 (the Defence) - BUG

Unread postby dreamcradle » 21 May 2006, 16:34

the game won't register that I have freed the two heroes. Garrison and defense have been completed, but it won't let me complete the two others.
(Defend the city and free the heroes)

I've reset the campaign about 5 times now and still the damned game won't register that I freed the heroes. (tried first the one then the other and vise versa) Any ideas or help so I can move on to the next campaign ?

So basicly they keep attacking me and i can't do anything ;(

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 21 May 2006, 17:42

Oh my, many bugs in the campaign I see, not good but a patch is under way oh and you should copy and paste this problem in this sticky thread.

viewtopic.php?t=1718

And welcome to the boards, enjoy your stay :)

Raspyn
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Raspyn » 21 May 2006, 20:18

I encountered this very same bug.

Below is how I fixed it

-------------SPOILER WARNING-------------------

I encountered the bug, when I would free one or both of the heroes before I completed the building up the garrison objective.

To complete this mission, make sure you build up your garrison with the dragons, unicorns and druids that are required before you rescue any of the other two heroes. After you build up the garrison, the game should properly register the event of rescuing the other two heroes.

Frustrating bug.... especially since the map takes a while to beat.

dreamcradle
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dreamcradle » 21 May 2006, 20:44

i would try it ASAP :) hope it works... altho building the garnison isn't that easy especialy when the computer always kills few dragons every fight :(

will post does it worked as soon as i try it :)

Raspyn
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Raspyn » 21 May 2006, 20:48

dreamcradle wrote:i would try it ASAP :) hope it works... altho building the garnison isn't that easy especialy when the computer always kills few dragons every fight :(

will post does it worked as soon as i try it :)
To help build up your dragons, during the tactics phase don't include the dragons in the battle. The green dragons don't add much to the castle defense, and the computer AI will end up targetting your unicorns instead, I believe.

vicheron
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby vicheron » 21 May 2006, 21:18

As soon as you take back the capitol, just put Findan in the garrison, you get the quest complete and some experience. Once you take Findan out, the quest goes back to incomplete but you'll be able to finish the map.

dreamcradle
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dreamcradle » 22 May 2006, 07:32

replayed the map again... got Deffense part of the quest (garnison) filled all the time... still when i freed the 2 heroes it didn't counted it :((

mctronic
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby mctronic » 23 May 2006, 01:55

This scenario is hard. How do u guys do it ? The capitol is free yet I never have the time (purple player) to do the other objectives. Please help me. thx

mctronic
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby mctronic » 23 May 2006, 04:24

I managed to get 2 heroes.... I got the bug too :(

mctronic
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby mctronic » 23 May 2006, 06:09

I managed to bypass the bug with the following actions:

1 - Make the garrison before rescuing the first hero

2 - Not to lose garrison objective while rescuing 2nd hero.

Voila.

By the way you don't have to remake the whole scenario to escape the bug. Just reload from a previously saved game (that is before rescuing 1st hero). Trust me on that one you'll have plenty ;)

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 23 May 2006, 07:29

mctronic wrote:This scenario is hard. How do u guys do it ? The capitol is free yet I never have the time (purple player) to do the other objectives. Please help me. thx

What I believe is intended for you to do is to fight off the first two purple heroes, then hire a new hero from the taverna and let him take care of defense (third purple hero is considerably weaker than first two). Of course, you already seems to have finished it, and come to the same findings about the garrison as I did.

Oh, and please learn to use the "edit" button double (and triple!) posting is frowned upon in mostr cases here.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

dreamcradle
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dreamcradle » 23 May 2006, 10:39

mctronic wrote:I managed to bypass the bug with the following actions:

1 - Make the garrison before rescuing the first hero

2 - Not to lose garrison objective while rescuing 2nd hero.

Voila.

By the way you don't have to remake the whole scenario to escape the bug. Just reload from a previously saved game (that is before rescuing 1st hero). Trust me on that one you'll have plenty ;)
believe me i did it many times and it simply didn't work :( Got the garnison objective filled... never lost it, freed the 2 heroes and NOTHING :(

Tried to move them to every town to see does it change anything - Nothing :(

You are lucky to manage to finish it :)

dreamcradle
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dreamcradle » 23 May 2006, 13:34

YAHOOOOOOOO manage to bypass the bug :)

Here is what i did:

1. Removed the teal player (so i have 3 towns)
- don't care filled or not is the garnison mission :)

2. Kill the prison guards and then just before freeing the first hero - get the hero from first town out and the put it in (so it's say mission is complete)

then free the first hero

Repeat again with hero number 2

P.S. don't know does it matter but free first the hero on the ground (till now freed the one underground first - it may have something to do with the bug)...

To many times played that mission and i hate it already to test to see what really provokes the bug ;)

Hope that helps you guys, thanks for all the help :)

Return to “Heroes V-VI”