Which change would make you buy HV? Extra Demo? More maps ?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Malicen
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Malicen » 16 May 2006, 14:13

Ethric wrote:But I will never restrict my proposals for a game just because something simpler will require less work.
No one told you should. In fact I guess that developers are listening to what fans are saying and then they do all that requires less work. Unfortunately business works like that. And if we don't like what we see we can just sit down and play it, or we could make our own game. I believe that no one will choose the second option.
The prayers of the soul tend towards the helping angels discovering the griefs of the heart when pains are consuming it burning.

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 16 May 2006, 14:21

Most of the things I wanted them to have in H5 would require a bit of actual work to implement, like uniquely-styled yet still balanced factions and a workable and fun system for having heroes in combat.
I'd say it's safe to assume you can kiss that last wish of yours GOODBYE for Heroes V.

The combat system is DONE (stick a fork in it). The designers won't totally overhaul the combat system to "put heroes in combat" (I assume you speak in a H4-fashion). They are already "in" combat in regards to spells and those strikes of theirs, and they've made it pretty clear from the start that what we have now is as far-in the game they'll be. If you want them MORE in combat then they already are, you'll have to wait for Heroes VI at best, but you can forget about that wish for H5... the game is done.

They may-well ADD more stuff, and/or change a few stats here and there, but don't expect any changes in gameplay... since when has ANY Heroes game had the combat system overhauled from a patch or expansion? I don't see HV breaking the mold in that regard!

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 16 May 2006, 14:27

Apologies in advance, but this is really the only suitable reply:

Well, DUUH! :tongue:

Note that I wrote "Most of the things I wantED", past tense. As in, I suggested a lot of things back when suggesting things still seemed worthwhile. But stopped when it became clear they they had very different plans than me, and instead started complaining that they had ;)
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

igoraki
Scout
Scout

Unread postby igoraki » 16 May 2006, 14:37

Malicen wrote:In fact I guess that developers are listening to what fans are saying and then they do all that requires less work. Unfortunately business works like that. And if we don't like what we see we can just sit down and play it, or we could make our own game. I believe that no one will choose the second option.
guess you didnt visit "old" rt forum,we posted tons of good and not so good but still interesting proposals for creatures,game mechanichs,combat tactics and what not for h5 when development just started...but still i cant find anything from those pages and pages of ideas in the just released h5.

ok,they dont have to listen to us,be creative on your own and give us something we never saw before in heroes,take something good from other tbs games...just do something,dont copy paste no-brain-no-pain from older versions

i dont say h5 is just h3 in 3d,its not,initiative in combat and skill system is good,imho...but thats just few inovations,we did have initiative in h4,just not the way it work now and skills are kind of mix of h3 and h4,but ok,they look nice

other than that,everything is pretty much the same like h3 or even downgraded,like number of factions and just one hero per town,to name just that

pozdravi iz beograda
"You cannot make a baby in a month with nine women."

Wildbear
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Wildbear » 16 May 2006, 16:19

Ethric wrote:As in, I suggested a lot of things back when suggesting things still seemed worthwhile. But stopped when it became clear they had very different plans than me, and instead started complaining that they had ;)
Come on, it became obvious after the first questions were answered, you were still trying a very long time after that. :lol:
Image Spiritu Insanum

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 16 May 2006, 16:45

igoraki wrote:ok,they dont have to listen to us,be creative on your own and give us something we never saw before in heroes,take something good from other tbs games...just do something,dont copy paste no-brain-no-pain from older versions
Well we never had big squares and the glowing in earlier heroes,so thats new :devil:

Ok,the initiative system is new,and I aplaud them for that.But other then that,its old and boring.Now Im not sayin that it has to be new for it to work(again,look at RoN,it has nothing new,yet it is good),but at least take just the good things from previous games,not bad.
igoraki wrote: i dont say h5 is just h3 in 3d,its not,initiative in combat and skill system is good,imho...but thats just few inovations,we did have initiative in h4,just not the way it work now and skills are kind of mix of h3 and h4,but ok,they look nice
Please,dont compare those things with HIV,or we might loose them as well :scared:

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 17 May 2006, 07:31

Campaigner wrote:
Milla aka. the Slayer wrote: I was just reminded that I must try H3. The praising of the game is endless ;)
Try Heroes II Gold as well while you're at it. It's really too simple (no wait or defend button, only skip. No range penalty. Flyers got unlimited movement. Unit speed determines how far they can move and when it's their turn) but it can be fun too see where it all started in a deluxe version (Heroes II have the same engine as Heroes I but just lots of additional stuff like Shadow of Death to Heroes III).
Sure, I'm going to buy some games next weekend so I might as well try that one too. Can't be too expensive anymore :)
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Capt_Tripps
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Capt_Tripps » 18 May 2006, 00:26

I would like to see the editor released As Soon As Possible. I hope they don't pull a Worms 3D on us.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 18 May 2006, 08:15

Capt_Tripps wrote:I would like to see the editor released As Soon As Possible. I hope they don't pull a Worms 3D on us.
You said what I was thinking for a long time. That H5 would suffer from the same problem with Worms 3D, the worms prequels had so much more but W3D was a shrinked shrimp with compact look and graphs only. I missed my homing cluster bombs and air strike, flamethrower, the cool tunnel digging moles.... :(

But on topic.
other than that,everything is pretty much the same like h3 or even downgraded,like number of factions and just one hero per town,to name just that
The number of factions in the originale realese is not that important, save that for the expansion(s) And I can live with one kinda hero per town, its not that bad at all, didnt shrink the gameplay for me.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”