Leak

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 16 May 2006, 12:10

Cold Fingers wrote:Just for the record, intro animation is crap.
I am not talking about quality of animation, rather i m talking about very unconvincing voice acting and deja-vu feeling you get while you are watching it.
Seen worse. This one's just mediocre.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Anthriel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Anthriel » 16 May 2006, 12:13

Actually, apart from the Arthas rip-off, I thought it was suprisingly good. Not on Blizzard's or Square's level of course, but at least something that doesn't make your eyes bleed, like so many other intros.
Compared to crap like the Warlords Battlecry intros, or all the other Heroes intros for example, this here seemed like gold.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 16 May 2006, 12:29

Notice how he wasn't complaining about the animation...

And for it's time the H3 intro was pretty good.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Sikon » 16 May 2006, 14:12

Arthas rip-off? Where?

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 16 May 2006, 14:27

ThunderTitan wrote: And for it's time the H3 intro was pretty good.
For it's time, the H3 intro was top-notch kick-@ss! I remember showing it to my friends and they were all mightely impressed.

It only applied to the ORIGINAL H3 intro though... the expansion packs NEUTERED the cool intro! By the time of H3 Complete, the intro was totally ruined!

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Sikon » 16 May 2006, 14:28

Yes, expansion intros for H3 and H4 rather sucked.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 16 May 2006, 14:45

Sikon wrote:Arthas rip-off? Where?
The long blonde hair guy called Nicolai resembles Arthas. And he also get turned in to the Undead(maybe, not sure).

The expansion for H3 had a different intro then the one with Catherine?! I don't recall that.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 16 May 2006, 14:51

ThunderTitan wrote:The expansion for H3 had a different intro then the one with Catherine?! I don't recall that.
Yes, a crappy movie with Catherine, Roland and Gelu running in the forest, while some creatures are fighting in the background, and then finding a cave with the Armageddon's Blade.

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 16 May 2006, 14:53

ThunderTitan wrote: The expansion for H3 had a different intro then the one with Catherine?! I don't recall that.
Yeah... Armageddon's Blade intro TOTALLY REPLACED the original H3 intro. The two were nothing alike... and while Armageddon's Blade intro wasn't bad, it wasn't as good as the Cathrine intro.

The Shadow of Death Intro (if my memory recalls correctly) was the same intro used in HOMM3-Complete. This was like the Reader's Digest version of the original HOMM3 Catherine demo... it was essentially the same demo, only shorter with the cool parts taken out! Kinda-like a castrated original HOMM3 intro.

While nothing toped the GAMEPLAY of H3-Complete, the original intro was always the best of the lot, and they only got increasingly worse after the original intro.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 16 May 2006, 14:57

Never got AB. And you say the intro in H3-Complete is cut?! Don't remember that one. Hmmm.... must check it out.

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 16 May 2006, 15:36

ThunderTitan wrote:Never got AB. And you say the intro in H3-Complete is cut?! Don't remember that one. Hmmm.... must check it out.
Yeah... it's been awhile, but as long as I'm not losing it, the ORIGINAL H3 Intro (without any expansions) is LONGER and COOLER then the H3-Complete Intro (which is the same shortened intro found in Shadow of Death).

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 16 May 2006, 16:14

I think you could watch the original intro in HIII even though you had expansions.But Im not sure,its been a while.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 16 May 2006, 18:31

Wolfshanze wrote: Yeah... it's been awhile, but as long as I'm not losing it, the ORIGINAL H3 Intro (without any expansions) is LONGER and COOLER then the H3-Complete Intro (which is the same shortened intro found in Shadow of Death).
Doesn't seem that way to me. There's the scene in the boat, then she land. Then there's the fight scenes: Minotaur vs. Golem; Mage vs. Medusa; Naga vs. Harpies; Titan steps on Harpies, Black Dragon kills Titan. Then she makes a whole speech about Erathia, and rides a Griphon.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 16 May 2006, 22:58

H5 is out, leak less relevant, discussion lost it's path... *click*
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Return to “Heroes V-VI”