Merge Mod 6 7 8 - Help please - Fire Resistance Potion

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Astro789
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Merge Mod 6 7 8 - Help please - Fire Resistance Potion

Unread postby Astro789 » 08 Jul 2024, 11:44

Playing through 8 currently and up to the quest for delivery of Fire resistance potions to the houses in Rust.
Wanted to make the remaining 3 potions myself but can't seem to make any resistance potions of a specific element.
When I search up recipes, its haste + harden item but the mod won't let me combine complex mixtures. I.e. I can't combine potions that are layered, the only option is to combine a layered potion with a non layered to create a white one. None of which are fire resist or any single resist from what I can find.
The people in the houses won't accept the Elemental Resistance potion which does all types.

DaveHer
Hunter
Hunter

Re: Merge Mod 6 7 8 - Help please - Fire Resistance Potion

Unread postby DaveHer » 15 Jul 2024, 17:11

Astro789 wrote: 08 Jul 2024, 11:44 Playing through 8 currently and up to the quest for delivery of Fire resistance potions to the houses in Rust.
Wanted to make the remaining 3 potions myself but can't seem to make any resistance potions of a specific element.
When I search up recipes, its haste + harden item but the mod won't let me combine complex mixtures. I.e. I can't combine potions that are layered, the only option is to combine a layered potion with a non layered to create a white one. None of which are fire resist or any single resist from what I can find.
The people in the houses won't accept the Elemental Resistance potion which does all types.
Are you sure you are grandmaster of alchemy?

kalyl
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kalyl » Today, 02:48

Astro789 wrote: 08 Jul 2024, 11:44 Playing through 8 currently and up to the quest for delivery of Fire resistance potions to the houses in Rust. Emoji Kitchen
You can combine red, blue, yellow, and green potions to create basic effects like healing, magic, and other single-use potions. Complex potions can be created by combining a simple potion with a secondary one, which can add layered effects (like resistances, haste, etc.). For elemental resistances, you're usually looking to create specific resistance potions like fire, air, water, or earth. However, the base potion crafting system in Might and Magic VIII does not allow for complex mixtures to be combined further. You’ve encountered an issue where the Elemental Resistance potion (which gives resistance to all elements) isn’t being accepted by the people in Rust, as they are asking for specific elemental resistance potions.

raekuul
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby raekuul » Today, 10:49

Just as a sanity check - what's your Alchemy skill? You need Master Alchemy in order to make White potions such as Fire Resistance. If you don't have the requisite training the game just won't allow the mixture.

(Also keep in mind that only the character with Alchemy skill is permitted to make the potion - it's not party-wide like Perception's ability to find traps)

Return to “Might and Magic”