Is there any way to force MM7 with grayface's to not use the integrated intel card?

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Sendoh
Galactic Gargle Blaster
Galactic Gargle Blaster

Re: Is there any way to force MM7 with grayface's to not use the integrated intel card?

Unread postby Sendoh » 03 Apr 2023, 21:02

I don't mean to resurrect an old thread, but did you ever find the solution? i'm dealing with the same issue

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Is there any way to force MM7 with grayface's to not use the integrated intel card?

Unread postby GrayFace » 02 May 2023, 23:24

Sendoh wrote: 03 Apr 2023, 21:02 I don't mean to resurrect an old thread, but did you ever find the solution? i'm dealing with the same issue
I was checking a wrong thing last time. Save this script into Scripts\General (e.g. as Hook Enum Devices.lua) and run the game, then tell me what it will write into MMExtensionLog.txt:

Code: Select all

mem.autohook(0x49AF21, |d| print('GPU:', mem.string(d.eax)))
This is for MM8 with MMExtension, ideally for MMMerge, because it already has a pretty fresh MMExt.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 09 May 2023, 16:20

tomchen1989 wrote: 16 Dec 2021, 09:36
Hey tomchen! Can you try it?
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 14 May 2023, 04:17

GrayFace wrote: 02 May 2023, 23:24I was checking a wrong thing last time. Save this script into Scripts\General (e.g. as Hook Enum Devices.lua) and run the game, then tell me what it will write into MMExtensionLog.txt:
Hello. I'm having same issue on laptop. This is content of MMExtensionLog.txt:

Loading user settings from MMMergeSettings.lua
Cannot load user settings: MMMergeSettings.lua: No such file or directory
GPU:	Intel(R) HD Graphics 630
I have two GPUs: integrated one and GTX1060. When i launch MM8Setup.exe and set hardware acceleration, i have only one option in drop down menu: Intel(R) HD Graphics 630.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 15 May 2023, 22:23

Rodril wrote: 14 May 2023, 04:17 This is content of MMExtensionLog.txt:

Loading user settings from MMMergeSettings.lua
Cannot load user settings: MMMergeSettings.lua: No such file or directory
GPU:	Intel(R) HD Graphics 630
I have two GPUs: integrated one and GTX1060. When i launch MM8Setup.exe and set hardware acceleration, i have only one option in drop down menu: Intel(R) HD Graphics 630.
Looks like it's a restriction of DX7 emulation of Windows.

Sendoh
Galactic Gargle Blaster
Galactic Gargle Blaster

Unread postby Sendoh » 12 Dec 2023, 23:15

Did anyone get to resolve it?

Hylu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Hylu » Yesterday, 22:22

I also have this problem, except the game is completely unplayable using the integrated graphics. It looks something like this:
https://imgur.com/9ofzZmD

It just flickers wildly and you basically can't see a thing.

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 46 minutes ago

Hylu wrote: Yesterday, 22:22 I also have this problem, except the game is completely unplayable using the integrated graphics. It looks something like this:
https://imgur.com/9ofzZmD

It just flickers wildly and you basically can't see a thing.
I had this problem with Intel Irix Xe untill one of last drivers update.

If drivers update won't solve the issue, try to use dgVodoo: https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/10/16658
It will wrap the game to use modern DirectX, rather than DirectX7.

If none above works, you'll have to play in software mode, or globally change your main GPU to one, you prefer - I don't know the general way to do it.

Return to “Might and Magic”