Review from one of the isonews ppl

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 12 May 2006, 23:00

Derek wrote: And this is why I hate PC games. Why should I have to wait before I have something? I'm paying good money to get things, balance and other features, and it sure would be nice if stuff like that was in the initial release.
I have to agree, here. A finished product is usually worth the wait.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 13 May 2006, 01:29

Derek wrote:And this is why I hate PC games. Why should I have to wait before I have something? I'm paying good money to get things, balance and other features, and it sure would be nice if stuff like that was in the initial release.
or u could wait until after the patch is released and buy the updated version of the game, instead of buying the initial release and later updating it... choice is yours...

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 13 May 2006, 01:37

Derek wrote:Why should I have to wait before I have something? I'm paying good money to get things, balance and other features
And here I was signing a petition some time ago asking for the game release to be post-poned... and that was because we wanted better balance and more polishing. We got what we wanted, now people are complaining. :disagree:
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 13 May 2006, 02:01

we got what we wanted, but only partialy. there were still things left for people to complain about. and you should also know that no matter how perfect a game is, even if every gaming mag or site rated it 100, there would still be the people who say its terrible and that this or that should be done to improve it. the thing that matters is not whether or not people will complain, which they will, but how many of them do and if their complaints are rational.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 13 May 2006, 02:10

Most of the complaints were considered rational at the time, but these certainly aren't. People are complaining about the wait, fine, but I think but we've known about the wait for some time now! What are they complaining about? Patience is a virtue. :angel:
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 13 May 2006, 05:52

Kalah wrote:
Derek wrote:Why should I have to wait before I have something? I'm paying good money to get things, balance and other features
And here I was signing a petition some time ago asking for the game release to be post-poned... and that was because we wanted better balance and more polishing. We got what we wanted, now people are complaining. :disagree:
He didnt complain about yhe initial wait,but about the waiting for patches.

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 13 May 2006, 08:01

Did I get it right ?
No editor and only 16 maps in the original release ?
No editor ???

Is this, why everybody is so happy and kissing FC's ass ?
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 13 May 2006, 08:04

And why wouldnt they?I mean look at the graphics!Its so...Its so...well it is so!And look at the skill tree!Now that one is so...so...well that one is so,as well!And the glowing!Dont forget the glowing!

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 13 May 2006, 08:11

Right. I forgot the glowing... That's what really matters. I was blind, but now I see the light. May I join the hype ?

HOORAYYY!!! THIZ GAME RULZ!!!!!!!1!!!!11!
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

Linky
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Linky » 13 May 2006, 09:50

When finishing a custom mission in single player mode, there is no summary of how the map went, who won, came second or anything like that. It just says 'mission completed!' and jumps into the main menu.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 13 May 2006, 09:58

At that Im agree, end game stats have always been interesting to look at what a pity :disagree:

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 13 May 2006, 10:17

Ah but we need to speed up gameplay.And can we do it with an exit or a load button in combat?Of course not.The only way to do that is to remove post game statistics.

Romanov77
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Romanov77 » 13 May 2006, 11:57

It is clear that the game needed at least another couple of months...

I red the comments...things like "Sev." instead of "Several" are a clear sign of lazyness.

My suggestion to FC:
For the future patches and expansions...scrap the lazy unprofessional Nival guys please.
And with the passing of strange eons, even death may die.

H.P. Lovecraft - gentleman, writer and dreamer.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 13 May 2006, 12:04

Linky wrote:there is no summary of how the map went, who won, came second or anything...
Typical for a demo, though - it's only supposed to give you a feel about how the game plays. Not necessarily how it ends.

Laserluger
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Laserluger » 13 May 2006, 12:23

Romanov77 wrote:Enough, lets talk of more important issues.

Any of the warez kiddies taked about the strategic AI??
The AI is just horrible :-(

This game is NOT a homm game. It feels like netherlords.
It is slow, it looks "kiddie" (I just hate the animestyle) and
I blame it on the move from 2d to 3d. The units just looks bad.

The main challenge is to find stuff by moving the cursor around the map.

A little tips: use the arrowcursors to move the main view, much
more responsive.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 13 May 2006, 13:36

Kalah wrote: Typical for a demo, though - it's only supposed to give you a feel about how the game plays. Not necessarily how it ends.
You're gonna regret that statement later. Trust me.

I agree with Romanov77 about the patches and expansions.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 13 May 2006, 14:29

Laserluger wrote: It is slow, it looks "kiddie" (I just hate the animestyle) and
I blame it on the move from 2d to 3d. The units just looks bad.
On my computer, the game has been fast, and the art style reflects European comic books. You've got the wrong continent for your art style, bud.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Vlaad II
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Vlaad II » 13 May 2006, 14:52

Right. The only thing that resembles manga is the Angel concept art.

Continuity
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Continuity » 13 May 2006, 14:55

Jesus fuck, the negativity and the whining on this forum is depressing. The demo is awesome, there's a few flaws here and there but the game will no doubt be one of my favourite already.

You'd think on a Heroes V forum you could get some enthusiasm and serious discussion instead of badly-spelt crap arguments and flaming. Every single thread always boils down to the same four-five people complaining about everything they don't like. You can't find a normal thread with normal discussion, let alone any kind of positivity here.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 13 May 2006, 15:01

Yes let's all swallow our happy-pills and mindlessly praise all of it unquestionably :rolleyes:

If you like it, then good for you. But don't expect everyone to agree. It's a Heroes 5 forum, but not a Heroes 5-praising forum. People have different views and they will express them.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Return to “Heroes V-VI”