Dwarven town for expansion

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 01 May 2006, 12:53

Darkstroem wrote:1) Theme

This is what makes a town a Dwarven town (except Dwarves):

Mountains
Axes
Runes
Mining
Malt beer
Homeland in the cold north to create a "Viking feeling"
Mmmm...Beer...So,the campaign story could be:"In order to improve his recipe for home made beer,our hero..." :devil:
Darkstroem wrote: 2) What creatures could come along with the Dwarves?

Giants
Ravens / Eagles
Wolves
Bears
Dont forget the pesky little gnomes.

HealingAura
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby HealingAura » 01 May 2006, 13:18

Any of you can think of a flyer unit to the dwarven town other than the runefeather aviak? What kind of creature will want to fly when it's snowing? :??
Death is not the answer to everything, torture also has its merits!

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 01 May 2006, 13:30

A white dragon.But we have to many dragons already.

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 01 May 2006, 13:33

DaemianLucifer wrote:@Thelonious

Wargraiders could have bite attack(like the grim( :disagree: ) ones).

And upgraded cyclops definetily needs a better name.And he shouldnt have infinite shots.That would make him too powerful.
Ey, that one was made up in less then half an hour....

Anyways, yeah that cyclops upgrade needs a better name, but you think of one. And the balance could indeed be better. And though that giving the bite attack to the Wargraiders as well would make 'em to cheesy.

I've edited it a bit.
Grah!

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 01 May 2006, 13:47

Ok,then a claw attack :devil:

Well,you could always go with cyclops warrior,or marauder,or crusher,...All of those sound good.As long as its not kings or chieftains it can pass.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 01 May 2006, 13:50

DaemianLucifer wrote:A white dragon.
I don't mind... :devious:
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Blaspheme
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Blaspheme » 01 May 2006, 13:52

:no: I'm against a dwarven-based town as it is to much like warcraft and age of wonder games... + dwarves are plain boring... little creatures with long beards aren't that COOL in my opinion...

People seem to like the worst, most boring creatures best...
Chimeras, dwarves, ordinairy giants, good-elves... BAH BAH BAH BAH BAH!
BLASPHEME!!!

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 01 May 2006, 13:54

And humans.Dont forget the humans.Theyre the most boring bunch of all!

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 01 May 2006, 13:54

DaemianLucifer wrote: Well,you could always go with cyclops warrior,or marauder,or crusher,...All of those sound good.As long as its not kings or chieftains it can pass.
I can see it now: The Cyclops Crusher... crushes twice as many cyclops as before...
I never how an upgrade can be called a Warrior when the unupgraded version fights as well.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Blaspheme
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Blaspheme » 01 May 2006, 13:57

DaemianLucifer wrote:And humans.Dont forget the humans.Theyre the most boring bunch of all!
Humans are quite boring I agree.. but they are impossible to skip in any HOMM game. Dwarves aswel.. but I think only 1 dwarf creature is enough! I also dislike the many elf units.. but atleast druid can be played as NON-elf creature :-)
BLASPHEME!!!

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 01 May 2006, 13:57

ThunderTitan wrote: I can see it now: The Cyclops Crusher... crushes twice as many cyclops as before...
:lolu: :lolu: :lolu: But it still beats the hell charger.
ThunderTitan wrote:
I never how an upgrade can be called a Warrior when the unupgraded version fights as well.
So what? Ordinary citizens can be drafted into war, but they arent trained warriors. Its not what they do for living.
Blaspheme wrote:Humans are quite boring I agree.. but they are impossible to skip in any HOMM game. Dwarves aswel.. but I think only 1 dwarf creature is enough! I also dislike the many elf units.. but atleast druid can be played as NON-elf creature :-)
It can be played as dwarf, too :D And why cannot we have a human free game? Even heroes. Its not earth, so why do humans have to be one of the intelegent creatures?

Blaspheme
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Blaspheme » 01 May 2006, 14:04

Because then Medusa's, Minotaurs, Harpies, Nagas, Manticores and other such cool creatures can crush them like flies!!! :devil:

It's fun to see all those human units fall to much cooler mythological units isn't it?

(Paladins and Clerics aren't human in my opinion, they are god-like creatures, peasants, archers and swordmen are the only true humans in the game...)
BLASPHEME!!!

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 01 May 2006, 14:13

DaemianLucifer wrote: So what?Ordinary citizens can be drafted into war,but they arent trained warriors.Its not what they do for living.
True, the people that do that are called Soldiers or Mercenaries.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 01 May 2006, 14:13

Blaspheme wrote::no: I'm against a dwarven-based town as it is to much like warcraft and age of wonder games... + dwarves are plain boring... little creatures with long beards aren't that COOL in my opinion...

Eh I didnt hear you, dwarves are classic who knows how the dwarven town in H5 will turn out? Dwarves are one of the best races and classic. How do you dare saying they are booring? Shesh :disagree:

Blaspheme
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Blaspheme » 01 May 2006, 14:23

Orfinn wrote:
Blaspheme wrote::no: I'm against a dwarven-based town as it is to much like warcraft and age of wonder games... + dwarves are plain boring... little creatures with long beards aren't that COOL in my opinion...

Eh I didnt hear you, dwarves are classic who knows how the dwarven town in H5 will turn out? Dwarves are one of the best races and classic. How do you dare saying they are booring? Shesh :disagree:
Well probably you think the succubi are boring.. Than you touch my infernal soul. I just don't see anything special in dwarves.. they are just little, ugly humanoids with less special abilities than mice. :-P
BLASPHEME!!!

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 01 May 2006, 14:26

Blaspheme wrote:
Orfinn wrote:

Well probably you think the succubi are boring.. Than you touch my infernal soul. I just don't see anything special in dwarves.. they are just little, ugly humanoids with less special abilities than mice. :-P
Actually succubus is one of the rare interesting creatures in HV*hatoff*

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 01 May 2006, 14:28

DaemianLucifer wrote:
Blaspheme wrote:
Orfinn wrote: Eh I didnt hear you, dwarves are classic who knows how the dwarven town in H5 will turn out? Dwarves are one of the best races and classic. How do you dare saying they are booring? Shesh :disagree:
Actually succubus is one of the rare interesting creatures in HV*hatoff*
Agree, second I havent said anything negative about the succubies.

BenchBreaker
Demon
Demon

Unread postby BenchBreaker » 01 May 2006, 15:29

DaemianLucifer wrote:Errr...No.In the order campaign solmyr is sent to the dragon graveyard in order to retrieve dragon bones so the golems could be infused with their power.
they are still made of metal, only infused with the power of the dragon bones. otherwise the'll look like bone dragons ;)
I used to be indecisive, now I am not so sure...
:oex: winner of the the worst riddle ever :tonguehands:

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 01 May 2006, 15:36

BenchBreaker wrote:
DaemianLucifer wrote:Errr...No.In the order campaign solmyr is sent to the dragon graveyard in order to retrieve dragon bones so the golems could be infused with their power.
they are still made of metal, only infused with the power of the dragon bones. otherwise the'll look like bone dragons ;)
Maybe those bones are just very well polished :devil:

BenchBreaker
Demon
Demon

Unread postby BenchBreaker » 01 May 2006, 15:47

i don't think there will be enough dragons bones in supply, since the necromancers also use them, so the red dwarves secretly use metals instead of dragon bones and still chrage to wizards the same price, and use your arguement to get away with it ;)
I used to be indecisive, now I am not so sure...
:oex: winner of the the worst riddle ever :tonguehands:

Return to “Heroes V-VI”