Dwarven town for expansion

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 Apr 2006, 15:00

Dwarves are highly magically ressistant.I somehow dont see them easily lycantroped.

But how about a mage hunter(or,if you prefer,a witch hunter).Hed have high MR,and bonus against spellcasters.He could also have anti magic aura and mana destruction.

BenchBreaker
Demon
Demon

Unread postby BenchBreaker » 30 Apr 2006, 15:05

maybe it could be an innate ability for all dwarves to take on their primal/animal/ancestral forms, but the ability is lost over time and only those with such bloodlust, rage and bersekness have rediscoved that ability?
I used to be indecisive, now I am not so sure...
:oex: winner of the the worst riddle ever :tonguehands:

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 Apr 2006, 15:09

BenchBreaker wrote:maybe it could be an innate ability for all dwarves to take on their primal/animal/ancestral forms, but the ability is lost over time and only those with such bloodlust, rage and bersekness have rediscoved that ability?
Well,this could work.Something like a dwarven shaman.And it would mean the change in the werewolf stereotype.I like that idea.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 30 Apr 2006, 15:32

In Norse mythology, the legends of berserkers may be a source of the werewolf myths. Berserks were vicious fighters, dressed in bear hides; they were immune to pain and killed viciously in battle, like a wild animal.
ImageWolf Lord
HP: 225
Armor: 0
Immunities: None
Wards: None
Attack: Morph Self or Frost Breath (80%)
Damage: 40
Source: Water
Initiative: 40
Reach: All
Targets: 6
Maybe something like the above would work.
Last edited by ThunderTitan on 30 Apr 2006, 15:39, edited 1 time in total.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

HealingAura
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby HealingAura » 30 Apr 2006, 15:33

About the dwarven berserkers, I was thinking of changing the Dwarf fighters to dwarf avengers from dungeoneer but elves heroes are avengers. Also, berserkers fit orcs town more.

Mage hunter sounds too much like Witch Hunter from disciples and these guys are humans.

And lets not mix between a human unit and a humanoid figured unit :rolleyes:.

I understand why it's hard to picture werewolves as a level 7 among devils angels titans and dragons. Think of it as a huge powerful beast like the behemoth (I don't remember having so many people hating the behemoth and claiming that they don't fit as level 7 creatures). It's easy for me to imagine lycanthropes and werewolves (by the way, this is like 1/4 of their real size :D) as even scarier monster than behemoths because I play MapleStory :ashamed: and lycanthropes are HUGE level 85 creatures and they can kill you before you can ask them "do you want to join the might and magic universe?" :oex: They are more close to the D&D lycanthrope werewolf lords than the normal possessed humans with lycanthropy.
Death is not the answer to everything, torture also has its merits!

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 Apr 2006, 15:38

@HealingAura

But how would such a huge werewolf fit a dwarven town?Wouldnt a dwarven werewolf be smaller than the human one?

BenchBreaker
Demon
Demon

Unread postby BenchBreaker » 30 Apr 2006, 15:42

you can't compare behemoth with werewolves, according to most sources, behemoths are HUGE(like 20m+ tall) were as werewolves are just slightly bigger than humans (like 3~5m)

PS: what do you mean by those pictures being only 1/4 size :? so the real thing is the size of the computer screen :??

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby dragonn » 30 Apr 2006, 16:00

HealingAura wrote:In Heroes 1 we had only one race based town: Knight. In Heroes 2 we had 2: Knight, Necromancer. In Heroes 3 we had 3: Knight, Necromancer, Demons. In Heroes 4 we had 3: Necromancers and Demons in same town and Knights. In Heroes 5 we have 5 race based towns: Haven got 6 Human units (if you can say that the angel is human of course ), Necropolis got 7 Undead units, Inferno got 7 Demons, Sylvan got 3 (or 4 cause they made sprite similar to elves) elves, Dungeon got 4 Dark Elves.

So how is it not Heroes like?
So you say that a Hydra, a Gorgon, a Gnoll and a Lizardman are the same specie. Interesting, and Bron is a reptile? As for the demons: I don't think that Ifrits are close cousins of Imps, and Cerberi...

I didn't mean race-oriented like undead, I meant too many similarities in units from the same town like: dwarven warrior, dwarven archer, dwarven engineer, dwarven raider etc. I just want a bigger diversity...

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 Apr 2006, 16:06

dragonn wrote:I didn't mean race-oriented like undead, I meant too many similarities in units from the same town like: dwarf warrior, dwarf archer, dwarven engineer, dwarven raider etc. I just want a bigger diversity...
As opposed to human with pitchfork,human with sword and shield,human on horse,human with a hammer and a halo?Or opposed to elf with a bow,elf with two swords,elf in deer skin?Or maybe elf with little clothes,elf without clothes,elf without clothes in high heels?Or maybe human without any meat on bones,human with meat patched on bones,human that sucks blood,human without the body,human without meat on clothes but with a spellbok?

BenchBreaker
Demon
Demon

Unread postby BenchBreaker » 30 Apr 2006, 16:11

you forgot about human with bow & arrow ;)

anyway, i don't think criticising the unded faction is fair, it's always like that and creatures are different and interestng. you wouldn't want different(randomly made up) undead animal/creatures, would you?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 Apr 2006, 16:14

BenchBreaker wrote:you forgot about human with bow & arrow ;)

anyway, i don't think criticising the unded faction is fair, it's always like that and creatures are different and interestng. you wouldn't want different(randomly made up) undead animal/creatures, would you?
Actually Id prefer a bone golem instead of skeletons and an elven vampire.Or an orchis one.

HealingAura
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby HealingAura » 30 Apr 2006, 16:14

BenchBreaker wrote:PS: what do you mean by those pictures being only 1/4 size :? so the real thing is the size of the computer screen :??
Sorry, I wasn't clear (they are not 4 times bigger than the pictures). I meant that compared to a normal unit they are 4 times bigger since characters and monsters in that game are very small (see picture - that's not me!). Image

BenchBreaker
Demon
Demon

Unread postby BenchBreaker » 30 Apr 2006, 16:20

@HealingAura: i see, i would roughly expect werewolves to be that big(similar in size to minotaurs, ogres..) if a behemoth/titan was put on that picture, they would go out of the screen, now you see why i think werewovles should be at most lv5?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 30 Apr 2006, 16:21

I don't think Werewolfs fit at lvl 7 no matter the size. And being huge would just make them look akward. Lvl 4-5 would work better.

And if ur gonna meke it a Mountain/Cold town you could use a Yeti as a creature. And instead of Boar Riders maybe Goat Riders.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby dragonn » 30 Apr 2006, 16:25

Wow what a great looking werewolf (though a bit cartoony)! I've always wanted to see a werewolf in Heroes.

Ok you've got me DaemianLucifer... Let's make a dwarven town in Heroes. Their god would be Wotan (oh, wait a second Disciples series was first), the Dwarven or Dwarf Dragon :/. Oh and let's bring in some shiny new mechanical Dragon Golems! :D:D:D

HealingAura
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby HealingAura » 30 Apr 2006, 16:26

DaemianLucifer wrote:
dragonn wrote:I didn't mean race-oriented like undead, I meant too many similarities in units from the same town like: dwarf warrior, dwarf archer, dwarven engineer, dwarven raider etc. I just want a bigger diversity...
As opposed to human with pitchfork,human with sword and shield,human on horse,human with a hammer and a halo?Or opposed to elf with a bow,elf with two swords,elf in deer skin?Or maybe elf with little clothes,elf without clothes,elf without clothes in high heels?Or maybe human without any meat on bones,human with meat patched on bones,human that sucks blood,human without the body,human without meat on clothes but with a spellbok?
Exactly my point :loll:
But the way I see it Nival and UbiSoft gave the towns more personality that way instead of having random creatures in each town. Sure, we can have ogres cyclops behemoth and goblins live together and call them "the stupid guys" and sure we can have lizardmen gorgons basilisk and hydra live together and call them "the guys that like playing in the swamp", but instead we can have a lizardmen faction or orc faction with shaman style.

@dragonn: I didn't include fortress as a race based town

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby dragonn » 30 Apr 2006, 16:33

Well you've got a point there, it's a good thing to give more personality to each faction. I simply worship H3 so I look at those things through a H3 spyglass :D. Trying new things is fun.

HealingAura
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby HealingAura » 30 Apr 2006, 16:42

ThunderTitan wrote:I don't think Werewolfs fit at lvl 7 no matter the size. And being huge would just make them look akward. Lvl 4-5 would work better.
After a long talk with the lycanthropes they agreed to be downgraded as level 6 creature for the sake of Heroes fans. The lycanthropes looked curiously which are the level 6 units and giggled. Now it's your job to try to tell the brainless mountain giants they can be level 7 (so titans, which are lightning giants will have a corresponding Frost giants).
And if ur gonna meke it a Mountain/Cold town you could use a Yeti as a creature. And instead of Boar Riders maybe Goat Riders.
I wanted to add a Yeti (level 5 or 4 with ability for Earthquake hitting all enemies) but maybe they can be neutrals for this town like death knights for Necropolis.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 Apr 2006, 16:43

dragonn wrote:Oh and let's bring in some shiny new mechanical Dragon Golems! :D:D:D
Why not?Dragon golems from HIV arent that bad at all.I didnt like them at first,but they grew on me.Sometimes I even pick them over titans.

HealingAura
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby HealingAura » 30 Apr 2006, 16:50

DaemianLucifer wrote:
dragonn wrote:Oh and let's bring in some shiny new mechanical Dragon Golems! :D:D:D
Why not?Dragon golems from HIV arent that bad at all.I didnt like them at first,but they grew on me.Sometimes I even pick them over titans.
First of all, Dragon gollems will get rusted in the snow. Second of all, I hate those ugly mechanical creatures :tsdown:. They are also an insult to the dragons because it means that a single human brain is all it takes to control a whole dragon :disagree: .

Return to “Heroes V-VI”