Left 4 Dead

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 12 Mar 2009, 03:38

Hahaha, just got back from L4D. We did absolutely nothing, we just talked in the lobby, really awesome! Some guy claimed to film it, so perhaps we can see/hear some footage of it sooner or later...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 12 Mar 2009, 14:43

Today they updated some stuff:

Updates to Left 4 Dead have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Versus Mode Changes

Tank melee attack can now hit multiple Survivors in one swing

Fixed Tank punch being able to hit targets behind walls

Fixes to 'Tank parking'. The Tank will now run back and attack the Survivors if he becomes AI due to two players expiring the frustration meter

Fixed a case where a Tank frustration meter could run out right as he was in his death animation and he would come back to life

Fixed a case where the Tank was moving too slowly while crouching and being shot

Tanks now have the possibility of spawning in a slightly different position for the first and second teams

The order that the teams play as Survivors is now determined by which team has the higher overall score. The winning team will play as Survivors first

The Smoker tongue can now target and grab victims through common infected

Increased the cone in which a Smoker can grab a target

The Witch no longer cuts Smoker tongues in a radius around her

Boomers that explode in mid-air will now hit Survivors directly below them with Bile

Reduced the damage that burning Hunters do to pounced victims

Adjusted the time at which players take over from bots to avoid 5 seconds of the bot standing idle while the player finishes connecting.

Fixed some cases where versus score was not being recalculated properly. It is no longer beneficial to pass pills between players at the end of the round or heal other players and then shoot them

Fixed a case where it was possible to spectate an AI infected and hit +use to take them over

The smoker thing is one of the best. When a boomer hit a survivor, and infected were all over the survivors, beeing a smoker was bad. Now you can pull them through the infected crowd :)!

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 12 Mar 2009, 15:03

Not working.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 12 Mar 2009, 16:13

Haven't tried it out yet :P. I'll check it out tonight. What do you think is the best fix?

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 14 Mar 2009, 02:40

Ok, they fixed it already.
And I think thats the best change in this patch along with speeding up tank while he's crouching through any kind of small openings.

Now survivors cant sit in the corner with shooties and tear to tank to pieces in 5 seconds. Now that would be suicidal :)

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Re: Left 4 Dead

Unread postby Panda Tar » 16 Mar 2009, 12:12

darknessfood wrote: I played the demo just a few minutes ago, and it's really awesome and creepy. I think this will be a big hit online.
Anybody played it yet?
I thought it was an entertaining game, after watching the videos of it a couple of, what, months ago? Anyway, that's the sort of game just to make your heartbeat skip all the time - no time for storline or anything else. Just a big-fat-kill. :D Which is always nice, of course. :rolleyes:
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 16 Mar 2009, 16:34

The game is best when you play online in VS mode. Really SO MUCH fun. If you are in a nice team, you can crack jokes all the time. Or the last scenario in No Mercy, the final part, you do the Terminator voice screaming "GET TO THA CHOPPAH"! :D/ Makes me laugh every time :P.

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 16 Mar 2009, 19:35

darknessfood wrote:Really SO MUCH fun.
Some say the same about Counter-Strike... :tongue:
All humans do is to go to a place, bountiful of nature, and live there. Then the human multiplies and sucks all the wonders there. They move to the next. There is one thing that works the same way as that: a virus.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 16 Mar 2009, 20:00

CSS, is fun when you play Zombie Mod :P!

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 17 Mar 2009, 11:33

CS is so much boredom. That's almost like Dota, but Dota I stand playing nevertheless for some unknown reasons. ;|
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 21 Apr 2009, 23:05

The new DLC (downloadable content) is out, it goes by the name of "survival pack", and man is it AWESOME! The new survival mode is really great, fun, addicting, but most of all, it's challenging. Haven't tried the other campaigns on VS mode yet, too busy with the Survival mode...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 22 Jul 2009, 10:52

Adolf finally hears about the sequel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQe4tlsfRbY
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 22 Jul 2009, 15:38

ThunderTitan wrote:Adolf finally hears about the sequel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQe4tlsfRbY
That was funneh. Yet, Im fine with this sequel and Im buying it ))

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 22 Jul 2009, 16:09

Perhaps I will buy it as well. I just hope they do something with both games. That way they will keep the fans happy (more skinns when you have both games, more maps, crossover campaigns, that kind of stuff). But I will see if they can make it to the releasedate :)...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 23 Jul 2009, 10:30

Sure, if you like being arse raped by game companies, buy a stand alone expansion at full game price...

But i guess on the 360 it does count as a new game...
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 23 Jul 2009, 11:42

ThunderTitan wrote:Sure, if you like being arse raped by game companies, buy a stand alone expansion at full game price...
I loled. In l4d I got already (by stats) hundreds of hours of gameplay(!). I would probably do as much next year with l4d2. Each other game nowadays, maybe except fallout3, didn't make it even to 30. Either it was finished or just became boring at that moment.
So I don't really care how u call it, expansion or whatever. I pay for entertainment.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 23 Jul 2009, 21:39

I'm sure that when games become 100$ and have even less content you'll be even more entertained.

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 25 Jul 2009, 11:42

ThunderTitan wrote:I'm sure that when games become 100$ and have even less content you'll be even more entertained.
I don't see how its less content. More campaigns, more guns, more specials, new stuff like weather & changing paths.

I guess the reason with ppl demanding that l4d 2 was just l4d addon for 25$, is because u thinking with defined industry templates that if something new comes out for a game released year ago - it should be addon and priced 25$ . No matter how good or bad original game was, or how much effort was put into new one.

So if among other games priced 50, comes one with the same price, but with entertainment value far superior - why should I b|tch about sequel being released in 1 year on the same engine, with the same gameplay - if everything else is different, and would still entertain me ?

Ever heard of anyone whining about fallout2 in a same way? After all its just fallout 1 with new locations, quests & guns.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Jul 2009, 19:15

Name one game that had current graphics etc. made under a year that wasn't a bug ridden mess... you can't because 1 year isn't enough time for a completely new game.

As for more stuff, you don't get the old ones, so it's more or less the same number of campaigns, and the guns are also not on top of what you have, but instead of them.

Extra infected... extra units have been in expansions since forever.

And the maps themselves won't change, because that would = major loading times, but instead the placement of some random obstacles will, something they could, and should add to L4D 1.

Nothing so far that couldn't be done in an expansion... which is major BS considering what the guy in charge of Valve said here: http://www.edge-online.com/features/val ... -expensive

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 04 Aug 2009, 23:18

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”