Steam version vs Retail version

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
JayTheGray
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Steam version vs Retail version

Unread postby JayTheGray » 28 Jun 2009, 00:24

Steam has a weekend sale on Heroes V and the 2 expansions. I have the retail versions of Heroes V plus Tote, but not HOF. I am still trying to finish the original Heroes V campaign. For the download price of all 3 seems like a no brainer to purchase.
Question is, can I use my current saves in the steam version, or do I have to start from scratch?
Running retail on Vista 64 with no problems at present.
:|

navalsingh
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby navalsingh » 28 Jun 2009, 22:52

Also, Tribes of east is for $5 at impulse driven
http://impulsedriven.com/homm5tribes
Also it's good too see both Might and Magic packs in top 6 best sellers in steam

JayTheGray
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Steam and Retail seem to work

Unread postby JayTheGray » 29 Jun 2009, 23:22

:) To answer my own question, yep seem compatible. As stated before I had retail version but was cheaper to buy all 3 from steam then the single HOF by itself. I could not find where steam saves were to transfer over my retail save.
However when I load the steam version my retail saves showed up. Now to continue with my quest to finish the original campaign.

Casebier
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Casebier » 01 Jul 2009, 13:23

Don't forget, it also included Dark Messiah.

I bought the combo pack as well. I had borrowed the main game and HoF while at college, but now I own the entire set. Now I'm playing through TotE. Wish I had realized I wasn't going to be able to keep the Orc Hero at the beginning.

One of the advantages of our modern day Windows procedures with games: All saved games are saved in the \Documents\My Games folder. I know AoE 3 also saves your game there as well.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”